Greenock Morton vs Dunfermline Athletic

Credit to Morton, much the better side. 3-2 flatters us massively. 

Pass marks for us....no one...maybe Ethan Ross? 

Unfortunately, for a legend of mine eye, every day that Crawford remains in charge is going to cost us. 

1 hour ago, TheGoon said:

The free kick was a screamer from where I was standing, that’s about the only positive I have for Dunfermline fans. Dung.

Ref trying to support Crawford.

Never a foul  and when is 10 yards a yard before the semi circle and a yard behind the pen spot.

But great finish sadly for Pars it was the last kick of the game.

Going forward DA looked good but they can't defend.

Edited by Paisley Ton

Delighted with the win. 

Started poorly and thought Dunfermline merited their goal, despite it being a gift. I actually thought Millar's substitution was tactical as I didn't see the injury. We definitely stepped up and managed to go in level.

The second goal was a great move and finish. We controlled the game and defended well when it mattered. 

Most of the crowd (myself included) appeared to think that a foul had been awarded instead of our third goal. A couple of the players even looked to have asked the referee what he'd given before starting to celebrate. Great free-kick at the end.

The referee had a dire first half but was better in the second. I'd like to know which rule allowed him to hold up a Dunfermline throw-in to allow a team-mate to tie his laces.

Delighted with the win. 

Started poorly and thought Dunfermline merited their goal, despite it being a gift. I actually thought Millar's substitution was tactical as I didn't see the injury. We definitely stepped up and managed to go in level.

The second goal was a great move and finish. We controlled the game and defended well when it mattered. 

Most of the crowd (myself included) appeared to think that a foul had been awarded instead of our third goal. A couple of the players even looked to have asked the referee what he'd given before starting to celebrate. Great free-kick at the end.

The referee had a dire first half but was better in the second. I'd like to know which rule allowed him to hold up a Dunfermline throw-in to allow a team-mate to tie his laces.

Refs often stop play for guys to tie their laces, I think it’s abit of a farce but I’ve heard others say it’s down to player safety.

Unfortunately being a terrible goalkeeper isn’t enough for scully to get a free-kick. Not that I was watching the players reactions as I was utterly furious at such incompetence.

Dunfermline and goalkeeping howlers against Morton is a heavenly combination. Years of Lee Robinson chucking them in and now they have Ryan Scully to assist his old team. 

We only had Robinson for a year(as first choice) 6 months too long, same with scully. We really need a safe pair of hands to come in.

Anyone fancy finding out who murdoch is refereeing next weekend? Could do with a bunch of folk turning up, giving him a load of abuse and have him decide playing was easier.

27 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Just watched the Dunfermline footage. Never mind the game, whoever it is whistling like an entire country's worth of birds after every Morton attack / goal should be taken out and shot! Imagine sitting near that every week! Jesus.

Absolutely, I only watched the highlights and it was doing my head in - I had to turn the volume down.

I thought that, for 25 minutes, we played pretty well yesterday. In that period, we took the game to Morton, were quite positive in our play, kept the ball well enough in the conditions, and got ourselves in front.

But, thereafter, Morton came right back into it and we seemed to flatline; we couldn't get back to what we had been doing. As disappointing a goal as the equaliser was to concede, Scully had had to make a couple of decent saves prior, and I felt as though an equaliser was coming.

The second goal was a good one - a cracking cross and excellent header. However, we didn't put enough pressure on the ball before it came in, and whoever was tracking McAlister completely lost his run. I thought Morton were quicker to press and close us down after the break, and we couldn't seem to find a way of responding. I can only recall a header flashed wide, which I think was probably not as close as it appeared from the far end, and a deflected Dow shot that we had other than Nisbet's free-kick, which was a quite superb strike.

The third goal I think will have been covered; your goalkeeper has to deal with that. It's an error and kills the game off.

I missed the Ayr match, but this was like against Alloa; started well, took the lead, then lost our way completely. Morton fought back well and ultimately deserved to win the game.

The nature of goals we're conceding is a massive cause for concern. Teams don't seem to need to work too hard to score against us, and we can't keep relying on Nisbet producing something at the other end. 

On the positive side, I thought Dom Thomas, especially in the first half, looked quite bright and I think will add something to the team. But the fact we seem to lose our way when on top and getting in front, rather than capitalising, isn't good and our current form is a big concern.

That 2nd goal was gorgeous. Wee backheel, belter of a cross and a fine finish. 

Not as enjoyable as Scully's attempt at a punch clear. He got outjumped by one of our shortest players. Amazing stuff.

Some free kick from Dunfermline. For all the talk about them being dragged down into a relegation scrap I'd imagine he'll be able to counter the goals yer keeper is throwing in often enough to keep you up. If you could do it against Falkirk in the play offs then all the better.

Some free kick from Dunfermline. For all the talk about them being dragged down into a relegation scrap I'd imagine he'll be able to counter the goals yer keeper is throwing in often enough to keep you up. If you could do it against Falkirk in the play offs then all the better.

If we actually end up in the play-offs, we’ll chuck it. We never turn up on the big occasion. In my time supporting the Pars we have bottled every single crucial fixture, bar the title-winner against the Wee Team.

Uefa Cup matches against Icelandic fisherman and a Swedish 2nd division team, semi-final v Falkirk, 3 major cup finals, Challenge Cup final, play-off final against Cowdenbeath, beat last game of season 2013 against an already relegated Airdrie where we just needed a point to stay up, lose the subsequent play-off final against Alloa, last game of season 2007. Probably forgot numerous big games we have shat it in.

I hate Dunfermline.