Greenock Morton vs Dunfermline Athletic

Where in the ground are away fans likely to be this time? I like Cappielow and it's been good the last few seasons getting the terracing at the end of the cowshed but we were back in the stand for the first game this season. Was that a one-off or is this normal this season?

On 06/01/2020 at 16:45, parsforlife said:

Difficult game against the heroes of Gayfeild. Hopefully we get them still hungover.

Pars to start reasonably well, miss a couple of chances, concede and then absolutely crumble.

Or take one of those chances, score another 10-15 mins later and hold on from there.   That covers about 95% of our performances this season, with example a taking coming through more the last few weeks. 

Can we have a goalkeeper for this one? its becoming increasingly difficult to win matches with 10 men and a comedy act behind them.

Would you be interested in Sam Ramsbottom on loan?  Asking for a couple of thousand friends.

Edited by Alibi

13 hours ago, Socks said:

Where in the ground are away fans likely to be this time? I like Cappielow and it's been good the last few seasons getting the terracing at the end of the cowshed but we were back in the stand for the first game this season. Was that a one-off or is this normal this season?

Pars website says main stand. 

..........and for that reason I am out. 

14 hours ago, Socks said:

Apparently it is based on estimated numbers so whatever Dunfermline advise will travel will decide where away fans go.  Presume its around the 500+ mark..

Ayr,  Dundee United and Thistle have all been in the cowshed this season, possibly Dundee too from memory so i guess if you say you expect to bring 5-600 through, you "should" get the cowshed ( however this is Morton we are talking about so don't expect any logical thought process) 

Edited by madton

Would you be interested in Sam Ramsbottom on loan?  Asking for a couple of thousand friends.
Nice try. Shafted us by giving us a goalie last January and this is why we're begging for one now [emoji23]

Seem to recall Dunfermline fans shrieking this time last year that Scully was actually a really good keeper and that they were delighted to pull off this transfer coup. Funny how that one didn't work out as all Morton fans predicted, having actually seen that clownshoes diddy play in the first half of the campaign. Then we signed Robbie McCrorie on loan who was instrumental in us finishing above you in the table yet again. 

The Famous: playing you like a fiddle in the January transfer window since 2015. 

d05646ed-d051-4d76-b7bc-bf6935431cca.thumb.jpg.ff6f82b2387629b08b699104a1056712.jpg

Edited by vikingTON

Seem to recall Dunfermline fans shrieking this time last year that Scully was actually a really good keeper and that they were delighted to pull off this transfer coup. Funny how that one didn't work out as all Morton fans predicted, having actually seen that clownshoes diddy play in the first half of the campaign. Then we signed Robbie McCrorie on loan who was instrumental in us finishing above you in the table yet again. 
The Famous: playing you like a fiddle in the January transfer window since 2015. 
d05646ed-d051-4d76-b7bc-bf6935431cca.thumb.jpg.ff6f82b2387629b08b699104a1056712.jpg
What an achievement finishing 8 points off the play offs with a negative 9 (nine) goal difference.

I guess you'd view that a success if your team hasn't played in the top flight for over 30 years.

1 hour ago, Rob1885 said:

What an achievement finishing 8 points off the play offs with a negative 9 (nine) goal difference.

I don't recall anyone actually claiming that it was an 'achievement' chump: not least given that the club planned on emptying the manager until he rage quit on the final day of the season. So that'll be a full swing and a miss then. 

I guess you'd view that a success if your team hasn't played in the top flight for over 30 years.

It's not up there with finishing 7th in the third tier beneath the likes of *checks notes* 'Stranraer'. 'Brechin', 'Forfar', *turns page* 'Airdrie' and 'Peterhead', a hilarious outcome that you managed to achieve after your previous, great January transfer swoop. 

Thanks for playing anyway. 

IMG_0697.thumb.jpg.97e7813982c9c7ca46284d6bb9ecd43b.jpg

It's not up there with finishing 7th in the third tier beneath the likes of *checks notes* 'Stranraer'. 'Brechin', 'Forfar', *turns page* 'Airdrie' and 'Peterhead', a hilarious outcome that you managed to achieve after your previous, great January transfer swoop. 
Thanks for playing anyway. 
IMG_0697.thumb.jpg.97e7813982c9c7ca46284d6bb9ecd43b.jpg
That'll be the same third tier that Morton got relegated from this century [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

19 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

That'll be the same third tier that Morton got relegated from this century emoji1787.pngemoji1787.pngemoji1787.png

Yes, wIth a pub team because we were in administration at the time; whereas you had the biggest budget in the league and still finished 7th.

9c74c64e-6c3f-45c5-bf2d-d92f2ca76697.jpg.75d3f732f4799bf49ec0864ba8c6b2a2.jpg

9 hours ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

Pars website says main stand. 

..........and for that reason I am out. 

8 hours ago, madton said:

Apparently it is based on estimated numbers so whatever Dunfermline advise will travel will decide where away fans go.  Presume its around the 500+ mark..

Ayr,  Dundee United and Thistle have all been in the cowshed this season, possibly Dundee too from memory so i guess if you say you expect to bring 5-600 through, you "should" get the cowshed ( however this is Morton we are talking about so don't expect any logical thought process) 

Thanks folks - I see the article on DAFC website now as well saying it's the stand only. That's a shame and means I won't be going - I definitely would have been there had we been in the cowshed or behind the goal.

Yes, wIth a pub team because we were in administration at the time; whereas you had the biggest budget in the league and still finished 7th.
9c74c64e-6c3f-45c5-bf2d-d92f2ca76697.jpg.75d3f732f4799bf49ec0864ba8c6b2a2.jpg
The 'yes' was all that was required, 'chump'.

The mitigating circumstances is just added on drivel.

Thanks for playing.

8 hours ago, virginton said:

Robbie McCrorie on loan who was instrumental in us finishing above you in the table yet again. 

McCrorie - 6 clean sheets, 15 goals conceded.

Scully - 6 clean sheets, 11 goals conceded.

I think you'll find it was your forward players who helped you finish above us not which lettuce wristed fumbling diddy you had in goals.

In your own words, swing and a miss champ, probably time to get yourself to bed xx

9 hours ago, Adam101 said:

McCrorie - 6 clean sheets, 15 goals conceded.

Scully - 6 clean sheets, 11 goals conceded.

I think you'll find it was your forward players who helped you finish above us not which lettuce wristed fumbling diddy you had in goals.

In your own words, swing and a miss champ, probably time to get yourself to bed xx

I think you'll find the opposite to a degree. With Scully in goals we had to defend deeper as he was, and is, a bombscare. This meant the transition from defence to attack was slower and, with Scully in goal, we often found our chances to break were diminished as the opposition had time to regroup as we had extra space to make up. McCrorie allowed us to defend further up the park and also had better distribution. We were able to play more attacking football with him in goals so, obviously, more attacking football often leads to a leakier defence but our overall goal difference, I would wager, would be far superior with McCrorie in goal than Scully.

McCrorie offered more to the team overall than Scully. Taking away all context and some bare stats without the full information behind them is almost as meaningless as Scully himself

5 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I think you'll find the opposite to a degree. With Scully in goals we had to defend deeper as he was, and is, a bombscare. This meant the transition from defence to attack was slower and, with Scully in goal, we often found our chances to break were diminished as the opposition had time to regroup as we had extra space to make up. McCrorie allowed us to defend further up the park and also had better distribution. We were able to play more attacking football with him in goals so, obviously, more attacking football often leads to a leakier defence but our overall goal difference, I would wager, would be far superior with McCrorie in goal than Scully.

McCrorie offered more to the team overall than Scully. Taking away all context and some bare stats without the full information behind them is almost as meaningless as Scully himself

We also had our best run of form with Scully in goals 5 straight wins - it's almost like the keepers played in different teams. I'm not having it that a keeper who lets more goals in than Scully was "instrumental" in finishing above us when it's your forward players who clearly did the business and Kiltie was far more instrumental than which ever pish keeper you have in goals

1 hour ago, Adam101 said:

We also had our best run of form with Scully in goals 5 straight wins - it's almost like the keepers played in different teams. I'm not having it that a keeper who lets more goals in than Scully was "instrumental" in finishing above us when it's your forward players who clearly did the business and Kiltie was far more instrumental than which ever pish keeper you have in goals

Well as much as you may not be having it perhaps the testimony of those who saw the performances of both keepers, and how they figured into the performances of the teams they were in, should be given more importance on the matter than your uninformed hunch