Random football tops you own

I've got a good wee collection of scarves too. I try to make the effort to buy a scarf from any team I go to watch. Only teams I've seen without buying a scarf is Valur Reykjavik, Millwall, and Berwick Rangers. I just didn't get a chance at Valur or Millwall sadly.

Added Ferencvaros to my collection last week, got an Augsburg one last year (lovely maroon and white bar scarf, with subtle green piping) and despite the fact I've never been to see them, or even their country, I've got a Bari scarf.

1 hour ago, Connor1874 said:

I've got a good wee collection of scarves too. I try to make the effort to buy a scarf from any team I go to watch. Only teams I've seen without buying a scarf is Valur Reykjavik, Millwall, and Berwick Rangers. I just didn't get a chance at Valur or Millwall sadly.

Added Ferencvaros to my collection last week, got an Augsburg one last year (lovely maroon and white bar scarf, with subtle green piping) and despite the fact I've never been to see them, or even their country, I've got a Bari scarf.

I'm exactly the same, a scarf from anywhere I visit is an absolute must. Would also rather not own a scarf of a team that I have not visited because I would then feel like an absolute fraud. 

Was absolutely disgusted to find that Wrexham's club shop was shut after Full Time when we played them in the Biscuit Cup earlier this season. 

Edited by AyrTroopMajor

18 hours ago, scottmcleanscontacts said:

As a bairn I had dozens of random shirts, from USA national team to Fortuna Dusseldorf, thanks mainly to JJB Sports selling them at knockdown prices in the 1990's.

I remember Sports Division from the early 90s having very cheap shirts. Used to try and get one every week. All up in the loft now, but I've got hundreds. 

Now I'll just get my shirts from DH Gate, can't be arsed paying £50 for a shirt to doss about in. 

I remember Sports Division from the early 90s having very cheap shirts. Used to try and get one every week. All up in the loft now, but I've got hundreds. 
Now I'll just get my shirts from DH Gate, can't be arsed paying £50 for a shirt to doss about in. 
It's possible it was Sports Division I am thinking about, either way it was, as you say, possible to get a new shirt just about every week, for a fraction of the usual price. I wish I'd kept the shirts.

1 hour ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

I'm exactly the same, a scarf from anywhere I visit is an absolute must. Would also rather not own a scarf of a team that I have not visited because I would then feel like an absolute fraud. 

Was absolutely disgusted to find that Wrexham's club shop was shut after Full Time when we played them in the Biscuit Cup earlier this season. 

I only got a Bari scarf because a mate in my old job was from there and was going home for a match. Wasn't sure if I'll ever get that chance again.

My mate prefers a shirt wherever he goes, bought one at Augsburg with me, San Siro and Bernabeu with his Mrs etc. But a scarf is much more traditional for me. A better momento. Especially with 'elite' clubs. There's nothing really authentic about buying one of their shirts even if you have been. I visited the Parc des Princes albeit just outside, and didn't even contemplate going into the PSG shop.

12 minutes ago, Connor1874 said:

I only got a Bari scarf because a mate in my old job was from there and was going home for a match. Wasn't sure if I'll ever get that chance again.

My mate prefers a shirt wherever he goes, bought one at Augsburg with me, San Siro and Bernabeu with his Mrs etc. But a scarf is much more traditional for me. A better momento. Especially with 'elite' clubs. There's nothing really authentic about buying one of their shirts even if you have been. I visited the Parc des Princes albeit just outside, and didn't even contemplate going into the PSG shop.

The fact that they want 80 Euros for a shirt on the continent as opposed to 15 for a scarf comes into it as well!

Are they not all fakes on DH Gate?

I have a load of Arsenal shirts despite not being an Arsenal fan. Managed to sell a few off including this 1 which ended up going for £480.IMG_20200219_000808.thumb.jpeg.a022119e48dd479f6146339af3cf5287.jpegIMG_20200219_000815.thumb.jpeg.af9c6bbc4929fb74b93e267817fdd034.jpeg

Is that a match worn? If so who by?

9 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Are they not all fakes on DH Gate?

I bought a Hertha BSC shirt on DH Gate on the advice of @LondonHMFC and was doubtful given that they are probably technically 'fakes'.

Should never have worried. Looks perfect and cost me a full 60 (SIXTY) Euros less than if I had bought them from Hertha directly

Is that a match worn? If so who by?
I spoke to an Arsenal historian who reckoned that it was most likely used as a training shirt as the Kitman at the time was quite tight with dishing out new gear so a lot of the time they used shirts from the season before for training. Definitely "player issue" though as the long sleeved version wasn't sold commercially.

38 minutes ago, Waspy said:

Purple or orange kit?

I’ll probably get the new Boca juniors kit from Dh gates.

Absolute crackers aren't they? 

I had the new Scotland shirt through the other day, absolutely no difference. Have started to see a few folk on eBay obviously buying in bulk and shifting them on.