Divisional Round

lichtie23

4 minutes ago, South Lanarkshire Jag said:

I wouldn't say he freezes, more doesn't have the experience of being behind to grit it out in a big game. The downside of being dominant in a very poor division I guess.

True, but it's hardly like they haven't come up against big hitters this season. They're 2nd seed are they not? You don't get that without beating the big boys.

It's also a benefit in the playoffs. The NFC West teams are dealing with a much tougher route to the superbowl.

11 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

True, but it's hardly like they haven't come up against big hitters this season. They're 2nd seed are they not? You don't get that without beating the big boys.

It's also a benefit in the playoffs. The NFC West teams are dealing with a much tougher route to the superbowl.

There was a stat that came up that the defeat against the Browns was the last time they trailed in the second half, even against the 49ers I think the led all the way and put the pressure on the 9ers. They may have beaten good teams, no disputing that, but they got in front and throttled the game. Coming from 10/14 behind against a credible team is an experience they don't have yet.

EDIT: This is evident by the way they huddle up on a "hurry up" formation. They can't just run plays like the Packers, Patriots or 9ers.

Edited by South Lanarkshire Jag

3 minutes ago, South Lanarkshire Jag said:

There was a stat that came up that the defeat against the Browns was the last time they trailed in the second half, even against the 49ers I think the led all the way and put the pressure on the 9ers. They may have beaten good teams, no disputing that, but they got in front and throttled the game. Coming from 10/14 behind against a credible team is an experience they don't have yet.

EDIT: This is evident by the way they huddle up on a "hurry up" formation. They can't just run plays like the Packers, Patriots or 9ers.

Ingram being a bit lame is a massive issue for them. Compared to the 9ers earlier, they were poor in the first half, but came out in the second and played the way they have all season. The Ravens just haven't, regardless of the game situation, they should have more in their locker.

4 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

Ingram being a bit lame is a massive issue for them. Compared to the 9ers earlier, they were poor in the first half, but came out in the second and played the way they have all season. The Ravens just haven't, regardless of the game situation, they should have more in their locker.

Ingram being lame doesn't make Jackson a freezer. The Titans have a very good plan and it is working very well. I just think that tonight Jackson has been let down by his receivers, three drops in the first half that would have helped put them in front. He doesn't have the experience to grind out a win from behind

2 minutes ago, South Lanarkshire Jag said:

Ingram being lame doesn't make Jackson a freezer. The Titans have a very good plan and it is working very well. I just think that tonight Jackson has been let down by his receivers, three drops in the first half that would have helped put them in front. He doesn't have the experience to grind out a win from behind

I didn't say that, but look at those drops... None of them particularly good throws. The first one for the pick was a metre high.

Lamar had a shocker last night. The fumble turnover was so, so bad - he escaped a sack and then just stood there, seemingly oblivious to the chaos he’d just stepped out of a second earlier.

Titans have a chance in KC but I’ve got a real fear this will be Reid’s year. Don’t care who it is at this point, but anyone but the Chiefs please.

I didn't say that, but look at those drops... None of them particularly good throws. The first one for the pick was a metre high.

Are you talking about the throw to Andrews? If so, a metre high? [emoji23] it was a little high, but it's a catch that Andrews should be easily making.

The turning point for me was when the Ravens had got it to 14 - 6 with two field goals, could have kicked a chip shot to make it 14-9, but went for it, and didn’t get it, on a 4th & 1. IMHO, was still so early in the game that they should have taken the points. It gave the Titans a lift, and after turning it over on downs, Jackson and the Ravens went on to collectively clart their nappies.

Henry is a monster though. Imagine having him run at you at full pelt. My nappy would be clarted before he got anywhere near me.