Dumbarton vs Clyde

16 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

That was dreadful, absolutely toothless to any sort of fight. Dumbarton were first to every ball. 

Passing was dire, barely found our own man all night. 

Just shite all round. 

Doesn't sound like the team that battered us in the first half on Saturday. What happened to the Clyde 11 that was at Starks on Saturday? They certainly weren't second to any balls. Was John McGlynn right enough about teams raising their games against the league leaders? 

Just now, Scottydog said:

Doesn't sound like the team that battered us in the first half on Saturday. What happened to the Clyde 11 that was at Starks on Saturday? They certainly weren't second to any balls. Was John McGlynn right enough about teams raising their games against the league leaders? 

The long ball game that Danny loves happened. We kept the ball on the deck against yous and played outstanding. We ping it up in the air again and it never works.

Just now, TamClyde said:

The long ball game that Danny loves happened. We kept the ball on the deck against yous and played outstanding. We ping it up in the air again and it never works.

Well you know what to do on Saturday then, play up the Bully Wee. 

Was reassuring to learn within the first few minutes that Clyde are also an absolutely rancid outfit. 

Dire match that could have went either way but fortunately we’ve managed to eke out the 3 points. Presumably we’ll have to perform better in the coming weeks if we’re to make further headway. 

70 minutes before we registered a shot on target and even then it was not one that would have had their keeper claiming a MotM award for pulling off.

It's painfully obvious to see where the issues are at the moment. 6 goals in our 7 league matches this year and half of those were in one match against the team bottom of the league. Even when we did create something the pitch intervened with a fantastic clearance as Lamont was about to shoot. The other two drawing helps at least for time being but we need points,and goals, from somewhere...and fast.

1 minute ago, Adolfo Rios said:

70 minutes before we registered a shot on target and even then it was not one that would have had their keeper claiming a MotM award for pulling off.

It's painfully obvious to see where the issues are at the moment. 6 goals in our 7 league matches this year and half of those were in one match against the team bottom of the league. Even when we did create something the pitch intervened with a fantastic clearance as Lamont was about to shoot. The other two drawing helps at least for time being but we need points,and goals, from somewhere...and fast.

We conceded three to Stranraer, two at Peterhead, two at Forfar, one against a side that couldn't be bothered attacking tonight. We've kept one clean sheet in 11 games and that was against a Lowland league side who battered us. Massive issues at both ends of the pitch. The minimum we should have got tonight was a point.

The manager has to know his players better; Love was a complete waste of a jersey, Lamont wasn't closing down with anywhere near the intensity he produced at the weekend. I'd love to know who told Mitchell and Lang to batter the ball out of play any time they had it. McNiff the only one to get pass marks, although I think that Cunningham looked sharp enough to have been utilised better.

Dumbarton's full-backs are complete trash and we didn't try and exploit that once. Get Goodwillie to push wider, or get Smith to play up against them and run in behind. I've no idea why we played Cunningham and Love near Goodwillie on Saturday and today had them playing outside the fullbacks.

Also, I'm curious and want someone to answer this. When a team is in a relegation fight, and puts in a lacklustre performance against a team we should be beating but ultimately lost, why would you clap them off?? Couldn't believe the amount of fans that clapped failure tonight. I genuinely thought behaviour like that was reserved for the Tartan Army. 

Also, I'm curious and want someone to answer this. When a team is in a relegation fight, and puts in a lacklustre performance against a team we should be beating but ultimately lost, why would you clap them off?? Couldn't believe the amount of fans that clapped failure tonight. I genuinely thought behaviour like that was reserved for the Tartan Army. 
Why should you be beating Dumbarton? It's a game you could win and are capable of winning as proved earlier this season but we're hardly cannon fodder for Clyde.

9 hours ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

12 minutes ago, microdave said:
9 hours ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

Why should you be beating Dumbarton? It's a game you could win and are capable of winning as proved earlier this season but we're hardly cannon fodder for Clyde.

This pretty much. Clyde have absolutely no right to be expecting to beat Dumbarton. We are 7 points better off having played the same amount of matches. I think if anything we should be beating you guys. Perhaps your bunch went into the match expecting a win and that's why they put in such a dire display?

13 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

Perhaps your bunch went into the match expecting a win and that's why they put in such a dire display?

That pretty much seems the nail on the head all season. You just need to look at our record against the sides around us. Woeful. 6 wins all season with 4 of them being against sides in the top 4 seems to paint a clear picture of what games our players can get themselves up for and what games they turn up and expect it to be plain sailing. 

12 hours ago, David W said:

We conceded three to Stranraer, two at Peterhead, two at Forfar, one against a side that couldn't be bothered attacking tonight. We've kept one clean sheet in 11 games and that was against a Lowland league side who battered us. Massive issues at both ends of the pitch. The minimum we should have got tonight was a point.

The manager has to know his players better; Love was a complete waste of a jersey, Lamont wasn't closing down with anywhere near the intensity he produced at the weekend. I'd love to know who told Mitchell and Lang to batter the ball out of play any time they had it. McNiff the only one to get pass marks, although I think that Cunningham looked sharp enough to have been utilised better.

Dumbarton's full-backs are complete trash and we didn't try and exploit that once. Get Goodwillie to push wider, or get Smith to play up against them and run in behind. I've no idea why we played Cunningham and Love near Goodwillie on Saturday and today had them playing outside the fullbacks.

Massive issues at both ends. I actually believe that is because the midfield is just not good enough. Too slow, not enough goals from them, predictable, don't get beyond Goodwillie, don't win the tough games in terms of determination and so on. Grant, McStay, Lamont etc are the problem - IMHO. And Cuddihy , I forgot him. Really poor in recent months.

Edited by SouthLanarkshireWhite

21 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Massive issues at both ends. I actually believe that is because the midfield is just not good enough. Too slow, not enough goals from them, predictable, don't get beyond Goodwillie, don't win the tough games in terms of determination and so on. Grant, McStay, Lamont etc are the problem - IMHO. And Cuddihy , I forgot him. Really poor in recent months.

It’s time for them to step up- 

It's just so fuckn frustrating - we have played well (sometimes very well) in parts this season, we've had big injury worries to be fair, but we are back at full strength now, and we are playing worse than ever, DL habit of chopping and changing the players and formation is doing my head in. which is a pity because he is a very good manager / coach.