Dumbarton vs Clyde

23 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Pish. What if Tom Lang looked at those supposed 3 players in front of him and thought "within a couple of months I can show I'm better than them"? What if Lang was told he'd be first choice by Dunfermline?  Nobody knows what he was advised or the reasons he made his decision. His agent, on the face of it, got him full time employment, got him involved with a club at a higher level and probably got him around double the wage he was taking home previously.  

To be clear then;

Tom Langs agent:  A c**t for advising Tom Lang to sign for Dunfermline over Clyde.

Tom Lang: Not a c**t and will be respected if he decides to stay at Dunfermline this January, after choosing to sign for them over Clyde in the summer.

It sounds to me like you're annoyed that Lang knocked back your clubs offer, but because you loved Tom Lang when he played for your team you've had to find a scapegoat to direct your anger at.

👍

20 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Pish. What if Tom Lang looked at those supposed 3 players in front of him and thought "within a couple of months I can show I'm better than them"? What if Lang was told he'd be first choice by Dunfermline?  Nobody knows what he was advised or the reasons he made his decision. His agent, on the face of it, got him full time employment, got him involved with a club at a higher level and probably got him around double the wage he was taking home previously.  

Pish on the basis of a couple of "what ifs" ?  You sure you're no his agent? 🤣

Your final sentence probably answers it.

39 minutes ago, BrigtonClyde said:

I'm not really sure either the whole thing about getting TL back.   I thought he was exceptional for us last year, had and still has a lot of potential to play at a much higher level, but was also a work in progress.

In terms of his agent, it depends on the player's ambitions.  If it was to carve out a career in football, he was badly advised because it was obvious there was at least 3 players in front of him and he'd spend most of the season sitting on his backside.  At the very least, someone hadn't done their homework there.  If maybe he's not that bothered about his career, then he was well advised, as he's getting paid a lot more for doing nothing.

As for coming back to us, if he did and assuming DL will stick to a back 4, that means either Rumsby, Howie or TL will be back up sitting on the bench.  If it's the latter, don't see how that would be in Dunfermline's interests.  And in any case, highly likely the TL of May was a lot better than the TL of now as his progress has been stifled and probably regressed.  A left back would seem wiser and McNiff can act as the cover for CB's if need be. 

If he did come back then the best of luck to him like anyone in a Clyde jersey, but not really following the logic here. 

Aside from that, what happened to Fitzpatrick, remember him ??  Someone was saying Goodie could maybe use a big playing partner - well he is !  From what I remember he got injured months ago but was quoted as being one of the longer term injured likely to return first.  Anyone seen him...should we phone the polis for a missing person ??

How about a back 3 of Rumsby, Lang and Howie with Cuddihy right sided wing back and Wylde on left? McNiff as CB is a worry- and as a left back,  positionally not great.

Lets see what happens. Interesting stuff though.

9 minutes ago, BrigtonClyde said:

Pish on the basis of a couple of "what ifs" ?  You sure you're no his agent? 🤣

Your final sentence probably answers it.

You saying "he was poorly advised because there was CLEARLY 3 players in front of him" is certifiable pish. Even if he was informed that he was 4th in pecking order, it still doesn't mean he's been poorly advised to go there and fight for his place - as I've said Tom Lang might be extremely confident in his own ability and would've fancied making a starting spot his own. The assumptions/assertion that Lang has been poorly advised by his agent just sound a bit like sour grapes that he decided to move on.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

You saying "he was poorly advised because there was CLEARLY 3 players in front of him" is certifiable pish. Even if he was informed that he was 4th in pecking order, it still doesn't mean he's been poorly advised to go there and fight for his place - as I've said Tom Lang might be extremely confident in his own ability and would've fancied making a starting spot his own. The assumptions/assertion that Lang has been poorly advised by his agent just sound a bit like sour grapes that he decided to move on.

Was given squad No 3 which is an indicator! Crawford has fekked him about 

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

The most sensible poster on the subject, not least because he's already saw Lang try already to break into a Championship side, coming straight from NeoGers u20s. 

The simplified facts as they are, is what went on over the summer is finished. He's since had two injuries, one at a time when Dunfermline were already chronically short at centre-back. They've also had a shite season where experience is always trusted in selection, and Crawford fucking about between 2 or 3 CBs every other week, and they have bags of that throughout their squad which i'd imagine would result in a highly competitive cut-throat competition in reserve games for just a bench spot compared to what he's largely been used to, INCLUDING with us. Maybe we're not for him, under those conditions if he's training with full-timers, but the generally accepted move in that case is to go on loan a step down. Given our defence numbers i'd say its a priority position, if not Lang then certainly another. We've taken some seriously shite players on loan in this situation over the last few years, this absolutely wouldn't be another.