Dumbarton vs Clyde

Why the obsession with a player who didn’t want to sign a new deal at the club? He wanted to leave for full time football at Dunfermline. His decision. Yes he was a good player for us last season but he’s not exactly Maldini. Move on . Maybe the TL fan club should post on the Dunfermline thread , might help him get more game time

21 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

So your saying "The Clyde manager" is giving wrong information to an audience of 100 ppl plus...

Right ok

Lol- almost word for word what I thought you’d say- 

There’s truth in what he said at the time- but things changed due to an injury to one of their key CB’s. 

I agree, did well for us last year when eventually returning from long term injury and if he came back I’d be happy enough as I say he is decent; however if it is about best use of budget I’d much rather have a proper LB or Central midfield player or a forward to help / compliment Goodie.

Obviously, all about budget so probably unlikely we would get all of above without moving on contracted player (not easy).

14 minutes ago, lumos said:

Why the obsession with a player who didn’t want to sign a new deal at the club? He wanted to leave for full time football at Dunfermline. His decision. Yes he was a good player for us last season but he’s not exactly Maldini. Move on . Maybe the TL fan club should post on the Dunfermline thread , might help him get more game time

Better ask Danny that question I guess 

On 12/01/2020 at 09:38, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I certainly hope Jim Duffy does, as he will see Sons fans serious concerns about our current playing resources.

Jim Duffy can barely answer his phone, not a chance he keeps an eye on this forum. Some of our board members do, but I would hope they're already aware that we need to improve our playing resources...

4 hours ago, You Only Live Twice said:

Mind and tone down the swearing eh? His agent might be reading this, and rumour has it that he’s a tad precious.....

Wouldn’t want to scupper the long awaited return now! emoji1.png

That's a very good point. Just to clarify something incase my message earlier was a big muddied, f**k Tom Langs agent. He's already poorly advised his client so I'd like to think Tom can make up his own mind where he wants to be this transfer window. As someone said above, if the option is presented to him and Stevie Crawford sanctions it, if he chooses not to come to us I'll respect his decision and still hold a high regard for him, however it would be water under the bridge and we move on. 

8 hours ago, You Only Live Twice said:

Mind and tone down the swearing eh? His agent might be reading this, and rumour has it that he’s a tad precious.....

Wouldn’t want to scupper the long awaited return now! emoji1.png

Excuse the poor language- but- f**k off 😀

4 hours ago, The Moonster said:

How has Tom Lang's agent poorly advised him?

He hasn’t really made an appearance for Dunfermline, but that might be more down to him than his agent.

His agent got a part time player a full time contract, so he’s done his job. 

I'm not really sure either the whole thing about getting TL back.   I thought he was exceptional for us last year, had and still has a lot of potential to play at a much higher level, but was also a work in progress.

In terms of his agent, it depends on the player's ambitions.  If it was to carve out a career in football, he was badly advised because it was obvious there was at least 3 players in front of him and he'd spend most of the season sitting on his backside.  At the very least, someone hadn't done their homework there.  If maybe he's not that bothered about his career, then he was well advised, as he's getting paid a lot more for doing nothing.

As for coming back to us, if he did and assuming DL will stick to a back 4, that means either Rumsby, Howie or TL will be back up sitting on the bench.  If it's the latter, don't see how that would be in Dunfermline's interests.  And in any case, highly likely the TL of May was a lot better than the TL of now as his progress has been stifled and probably regressed.  A left back would seem wiser and McNiff can act as the cover for CB's if need be. 

If he did come back then the best of luck to him like anyone in a Clyde jersey, but not really following the logic here. 

Aside from that, what happened to Fitzpatrick, remember him ??  Someone was saying Goodie could maybe use a big playing partner - well he is !  From what I remember he got injured months ago but was quoted as being one of the longer term injured likely to return first.  Anyone seen him...should we phone the polis for a missing person ??

7 minutes ago, BrigtonClyde said:

In terms of his agent, it depends on the player's ambitions.  If it was to carve out a career in football, he was badly advised because it was obvious there was at least 3 players in front of him and he'd spend most of the season sitting on his backside.  At the very least, someone hadn't done their homework there.  If maybe he's not that bothered about his career, then he was well advised, as he's getting paid a lot more for doing nothing.

Pish. What if Tom Lang looked at those supposed 3 players in front of him and thought "within a couple of months I can show I'm better than them"? What if Lang was told he'd be first choice by Dunfermline?  Nobody knows what he was advised or the reasons he made his decision. His agent, on the face of it, got him full time employment, got him involved with a club at a higher level and probably got him around double the wage he was taking home previously.  

5 hours ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

That's a very good point. Just to clarify something incase my message earlier was a big muddied, f**k Tom Langs agent. He's already poorly advised his client so I'd like to think Tom can make up his own mind where he wants to be this transfer window. As someone said above, if the option is presented to him and Stevie Crawford sanctions it, if he chooses not to come to us I'll respect his decision and still hold a high regard for him, however it would be water under the bridge and we move on. 

To be clear then;

Tom Langs agent:  A c**t for advising Tom Lang to sign for Dunfermline over Clyde.

Tom Lang: Not a c**t and will be respected if he decides to stay at Dunfermline this January, after choosing to sign for them over Clyde in the summer.

It sounds to me like you're annoyed that Lang knocked back your clubs offer, but because you loved Tom Lang when he played for your team you've had to find a scapegoat to direct your anger at.

20 minutes ago, BrigtonClyde said:

I'm not really sure either the whole thing about getting TL back.   I thought he was exceptional for us last year, had and still has a lot of potential to play at a much higher level, but was also a work in progress.

As for coming back to us, if he did and assuming DL will stick to a back 4, that means either Rumsby, Howie or TL will be back up sitting on the bench.  If it's the latter, don't see how that would be in Dunfermline's interests.  And in any case, highly likely the TL of May was a lot better than the TL of now as his progress has been stifled and probably regressed.  A left back would seem wiser and McNiff can act as the cover for CB's if need be. 

If he did come back then the best of luck to him like anyone in a Clyde jersey, but not really following the logic here. 

Aside from that, what happened to Fitzpatrick, remember him ??  Someone was saying Goodie could maybe use a big playing partner - well he is !  From what I remember he got injured months ago but was quoted as being one of the longer term injured likely to return first.  Anyone seen him...should we phone the polis for a missing person ??

Already tried Fitzpatrick up top he was rotten. He's a centre back.

Fitzpatrick was shite either up front or in defence, albeit he didn't play too many games. Maddening to think recalling him cost us 4 points last season.

No idea what's happened to him. Being kept up to date with the injured players has been nonexistent this season. We only know what was happening with Howie because half the Clyde support work with him.