Dumbarton vs Clyde

4 hours ago, Old John said:

I've watched both Clyde and Dumbarton over the last two weeks or so. I'd say most of what's been written is on the money. Dumbarton don't have great options going forward, especially if their injury list is as it was against Stranraer. They do have a reasonably tough midfield though and they showed at Broadwood that they can defend well, at least when they've a plan to deal with the opposition's main threat and have a lead to protect.

Clyde on the other hand have a luxury of options going forward but our midfield won't easily out battle Dumbarton's. Then there's our defence, the weakest of our lines. I suppose it's lucky that Dumbarton might be weaker up top than they were at Broadwood.

I think Dumbarton will have a way in through dead balls and maybe through some quick counter attacks assuming the likes of McCluskey are available. We'll have our normal inroads if Dumbarton calculate that they'll have to take the game to us from the start, that'll probably mean there's space enough on the park to get the ball moving in and around their defence which isn't very mobile in the middle.

McCluskey is absolute rank rotten and has lived up to his shitebag reputation in both meetings between us and Dumbarton so far.

Guaranteed he plays a blinder Saturday now...

7 minutes ago, TamClyde said:

Any word on the pitch? Is a pitch inspection planned or is it looking good? Nothing on spfl news the now

Dumbartons match preview has said the weather has been “favourable” this week in Dumbarton but they will keep an eye on it with the forecast. 

Any word on the pitch? Is a pitch inspection planned or is it looking good? Nothing on spfl news the now
There will be absolutely no issues with it at the minute. Any issues will come from the gale force winds and heavy rain forecast from about 8pm tonight through to kick off tomorrow.

With our totally unsurprising lack of additions I'm hoping it will be an issue.

Pitch is brilliant right now and ready to go. Got vertidrained after the Stranraer game so has a fighting chance. Just need to wait and see what we get hit with.
Do u need us all down to piss on it to add to the water? I can round up some mates and drink some extra beer to help?

Hope to f**k this is off....we have no chance with a depleted squad and NO signings to talk off.It is madly frustrating.We desperately need a RB and a striker and arguably a covering defender and thats even when Crossan,Layne and Frizzell are available.If  this goes ahead 3 nil to the Bully Wee.