Dumbarton vs Clyde

There's been plenty of dig about our last two performances but dig doesn't appear to be winning us games.

Badly need (an on his day) Crossan, Layne and McKee back for this one.

Ideally Frizzell as well but I don't know the situation with him (hopefully someone can clairfy).

No idea which way it'll go. Tight as a crab's arse no doubt!

21 minutes ago, sarti pooh said:

That's new that one 🙈😂. How it's true, I literally have no idea how this is going to go on Saturday. Should be a decent game I think! 

May get the train to this one as I'm doing the Independence march until its time to bail out to head for the game. Club over country and all that 😂

Defence is going to be very stretched with Cuddihy suspended and Petkov away back to Hearts. Hoping for a body or 2 through the door before this game or at the least Howie to be available again after injury.

Even if Howie is fit and I hope he is; its a big ask for him to come straight back into the side after being out for so long.

If we don't get bodies in then I might be tempted to push McNiff  in beside Rumbsy and Wylde  at LB?

There's been plenty of dig about our last two performances but dig doesn't appear to be winning us games.
Badly need (an on his day) Crossan, Layne and McKee back for this one.
Ideally Frizzell as well but I don't know the situation with him (hopefully someone can clairfy).
Frizzell is a few weeks away apparently [emoji848]

On 06/01/2020 at 11:31, FREDDYFRY said:

Even if Howie is fit and I hope he is; its a big ask for him to come straight back into the side after being out for so long.

If we don't get bodies in then I might be tempted to push McNiff  in beside Rumbsy and Wylde  at LB?

Just speaking to big Howie there,  as long as training goes OK tonight he should be in the squad for Saturday.

On 06/01/2020 at 11:33, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Frizzell is a few weeks away apparently emoji848.png

Isn't his loan deal up in a few weeks anyway? Could already have seen the last of him.

I'll probably attend this one, but I've got to say I feel completely uninterested right now. Injuries, a manager who comes across like he can't be arsed and our illustrious owners breezing ahead with yet another shitshow of a plan just drains the life out of me.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Isn't his loan deal up in a few weeks anyway? Could already have seen the last of him.

I'll probably attend this one, but I've got to say I feel completely uninterested right now. Injuries, a manager who comes across like he can't be arsed and our illustrious owners breezing ahead with yet another shitshow of a plan just drains the life out of me.

Yes, it's difficult to keep the enthusiasm going, which admittedly is probably what our owners are hoping for. 

I think the appropriate phrase is: don’t let the b*****ds grind you down.
It's more the 1/2 oufield subs on the bench and lack of urgency to rectify our glaring squad issues and maintain our decent position that's grinding me down. If our injured players aren't fit pronto, or we don't make some squad changes asap, then we are headed southwards unfortunately.

I can't see anything other than a Clyde win here if we can't get some of the injured players straight into the starting 11 which is unlikely given that they haven't even made the bench in recent weeks. Combine that with Tumilty being away and it doesn't look great for us. At least we'll have Zata on the bench if things aren't going our way.

Maybe we'll get a Fantastic Friday klaxon swiftly followed by the unveiling of Jai Quitongo, Fraser Aird, Derek Gaston and Gary Oliver.

Missing this one. Stag do in Glasgow on Saturday. 

Tough game. We were pedestrian going forward against Stranraer. There's a real lack of creativity and offensive threat in this Dumbarton side. 

Help would be nice but I'm not convinced we'll see much in the way of transfer activity in this window. 

I've watched both Clyde and Dumbarton over the last two weeks or so. I'd say most of what's been written is on the money. Dumbarton don't have great options going forward, especially if their injury list is as it was against Stranraer. They do have a reasonably tough midfield though and they showed at Broadwood that they can defend well, at least when they've a plan to deal with the opposition's main threat and have a lead to protect.

Clyde on the other hand have a luxury of options going forward but our midfield won't easily out battle Dumbarton's. Then there's our defence, the weakest of our lines. I suppose it's lucky that Dumbarton might be weaker up top than they were at Broadwood.

I think Dumbarton will have a way in through dead balls and maybe through some quick counter attacks assuming the likes of McCluskey are available. We'll have our normal inroads if Dumbarton calculate that they'll have to take the game to us from the start, that'll probably mean there's space enough on the park to get the ball moving in and around their defence which isn't very mobile in the middle.

16 minutes ago, Old John said:

I think Dumbarton will have a way in through dead balls 

Largely dependant on Joe McKee being fit tbh. He can drop the ball on big McGeever's head from forty yards away but we don't really have anyone else with his delivery. Everything else you've said looks pretty spot on to me, and I think that spells out a narrow away win - but I will go in hope that I'm wrong.