Keyboards

I need a new keyboard. I'm not going to be playing games with it, so my main requirement is something that's comfortable, silent and easy to type with. Sadly, amazon's reviews are filled with questions and answers of "Is it quiet when typing?"/"sorry don't know bought it for my son not tried it yet as I said sorry cant answer xxx" and when you're looking at £50+, that's not really the sort of intel I'm looking for. 

Anyone?

Personally I'd recomend against getting anything from the big gaming brands eg corsair, logitech & razer. The keyboards they produce are overpriced for what they are due to build quality & have a bunch of gimmicky crap with associated marketing bs plus crappy software.

Theres a bunch of solid budget stuff from various china brands that are a better value vs the big gaming brands. If looking for a more premium oem offerings that are worth the money Leopold, Ducky, IKBC & Filco are worth a look.

What kind of budget do you have & what keyboard size/form factor are you after?

23 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

Personally I'd recomend against getting anything from the big gaming brands eg corsair, logitech & razer. The keyboards they produce are overpriced for what they are due to build quality & have a bunch of gimmicky crap with associated marketing bs plus crappy software.

Theres a bunch of solid budget stuff from various china brands that are a better value vs the big gaming brands. If looking for a more premium oem offerings that are worth the money Leopold, Ducky, IKBC & Filco are worth a look.

What kind of budget do you have & what keyboard size/form factor are you after?

I'd assumed £50-£100 was going to be the standard, although that was mainly after looking at various Corsair and Logitech numbers.

I don't need any special layouts or extra switches anything out of the ordinary, I just want something that's quiet and comfortable to type with. I tend to find laptop keyboards easier to type with, so I'm sceptical of reviews (and posts here) saying mechanical keyboards and stiff switches are best for typing. 

Edited by Miguel Sanchez

10 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I'd assumed £50-£100 was going to be the standard, although that was mainly after looking at various Corsair and Logitech numbers.

I don't need any special layouts or extra switches anything out of the ordinary, I just want something that's quiet and comfortable to type with. I tend to find laptop keyboards easier to type with, so I'm sceptical of reviews (and posts here) saying mechanical keyboards and stiff switches are best for typing. 

Same, I prefer laptop style keys. You might be better off looking at a budget gaming keyboard in that case. I'll check the manufacturer of the one I have at home later

Laptop keyboards are useless compared to a proper full size keyboard IMO.

There are a number of different switch types in a mechanical keyboard, some have tactile bumps, some dont. My K90 has Cherry Red switches for example which dont bump.

I'd have recommended you something with that switch but instead recommended a K55 as its membrane type and suited your specs better IMO.

20 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I've got a Roccat Arvo 12-523.

Not sure you'll be able to get one now though, its a few years old.