Peterhead vs Falkirk

Looking forward to this, hotel booked, going up with the mrs and wee one for the night. Proper wee night away.

Hopefully rounded off with a solid victory for falkirk too. Just hope the rain stays off seeing as there is no cover for standing. But, having lived in Aberdeen for five and a bit years, and having had to commute to Peterhead for work, I know that there is every possibility it will...

Looking forward to this too. It'll be my first visit to Peterhead, got a friend living in Buckie so some friends are going up there for the weekend.

Assuming we have the same players available I'd maybe consider dropping McMillan for De Vita or Sammon. I quite like McMillan but something just isn't working in our attacks so would like to try something different.

McCracken seemed to suggest they were looking for more creativity this window in his interview yesterday so hopefully we get something in for this game.

26 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

Looking forward to this too. It'll be my first visit to Peterhead, got a friend living in Buckie so some friends are going up there for the weekend.

Assuming we have the same players available I'd maybe consider dropping McMillan for De Vita or Sammon. I quite like McMillan but something just isn't working in our attacks so would like to try something different.

McCracken seemed to suggest they were looking for more creativity this window in his interview yesterday so hopefully we get something in for this game.

DKD still a free agent...

2 hours ago, champions said:

Try and get a ticket for the wee stand in the away end, otherwise you'll be standing at ground level, there is no gradient within the terracing which means the view is horrific.

Aye, this is one of the reasons I'm not going. 6 hour's driving for the round trip and a lousy view. Add in the ridiculous queue for a Bovril and it's wise to plan ahead. Get a seat in the stand and smuggle your Bovril in with a colostomy bag. 

if your under 3ft tall, then i would agree the view is poor behind the advertising boards,. predict another tough game for us, but with the current forecast showing a howling gale, who knows.

East Stand:

Adult - £16

Concession* - £9

Junior (13 to 16) - £9

(Upgrade - £2)

*Concession: Pensioners 65 years and over, full time students, disability card holders**.

**Accompanying carers entry FOC

1 hour ago, Toon 68 said:

if your under 3ft tall, then i would agree the view is poor behind the advertising boards,. predict another tough game for us, but with the current forecast showing a howling gale, who knows.

East Stand:

Adult - £16

Concession* - £9

Junior (13 to 16) - £9

(Upgrade - £2)

*Concession: Pensioners 65 years and over, full time students, disability card holders**.

Under 13s are free of charge to enter the ground or only £2 for a seat in the stand (must be accompanied by an adult in either case).

I'm sure David McCracken will tell his players to take it easy on us after we let him leave on good terms. Hopefully the weather doesn't spoil what should be a good game.

2 hours ago, Toon 68 said:

East Stand:

Adult - £16

Concession* - £9

Junior (13 to 16) - £9

(Upgrade - £2)

I was near the halfway line and it was pretty much impossible to get a decent perception of what was going on at the opposite side of the pitch

2 hours ago, Toon 68 said:

East Stand:

Adult - £16

Concession* - £9

Junior (13 to 16) - £9

(Upgrade - £2)

6'2" mate. The view was shite. 

Which is fine and I'm not singling out Peterhead for it - the view from the side of any pitch is pretty bad so I'd try to get a stand seat if I were going. 

33 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn93 said:

I already picked up a ticket for it. If there are still seats going can you pay to upgrade on the day? If it’s raining heavily I’d rather be in the stand if not I’m happy to stand

Yes, but not inside the ground.  Go to the ticket office before the game and they will relieve you of your £2.

53 minutes ago, champions said:

I was near the halfway line and it was pretty much impossible to get a decent perception of what was going on at the opposite side of the pitch

It's not a stand you need, it's glasses. 

You canna beat being close enough to the park that you can actually hear the shite that the linesman says to the ref.

On 06/01/2020 at 01:44, NewBornBairn said:

Aye, this is one of the reasons I'm not going. 6 hour's driving for the round trip and a lousy view. Add in the ridiculous queue for a Bovril and it's wise to plan ahead. Get a seat in the stand and smuggle your Bovril in with a colostomy bag. 

Miles away, shit view, shit facilities, awful football , terrible weather - I don't know why anyone would want to go to this when there are so many much better things to spend time and money on but I take my hat off to those who are prepared to suffer through it all.   

4 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

Miles away, shit view, shit facilities, awful football , terrible weather - I don't know why anyone would want to go to this when there are so many much better things to spend time and money on but I take my hat off to those who are prepared to suffer through it all.   

Imagine, people playing football north of Stirling, on a grass pitch, in winter !. amazing.

Hank you are a ####

58 minutes ago, Toon 68 said:

Imagine, people playing football north of Stirling, on a grass pitch, in winter !. amazing.

Hank you are a ####

Thanks , if a #### is what I think it is then you will certainly know one going by your avatar.

As for attending the match , well I never said you shouldn't go  - not sure the personal abuse is warranted tbh. 

Feel like you might be better suited to being an armchair Manchester City fan if that’s your attitude. Not sure League One or following your club through thick and thin is for you.

I know. We’ve incorporated a few things in too so a wee weekend away from it as opposed to just going up and down on one day. Going to the prison museum before the game, sunday a wee trip along Banffshire before back home.