Peterhead vs Falkirk

The teams around us are falling over themselves to drop points. I was at Forfar away last time and they are shocking. Even McKinnons team were never dropping points there.

I think (and it may be sprinkled with hope a wee bit) that the full time aspect is going to tell in the coming two or three months, as the weather and wear and tear being in the latter parts of the season bites in for smaller part time squads. Of course Raith might keep pace better than most but I think there is a drop off coming for some teams. We need to hold out and try to be relentless.

As many have said already, we are only a decent run of wins away from never looking back.

4 wins and 3 draws since the new management came in. 14 goals scored and 5 conceded 

Considering 2 of those draws were away at Airdrie and East Fife and the other against Raith where we played with a man down for an hour, it really shows what a massive c**t of it McKinnon was making 

A really professional and dominant performance from start to finish. Only real blip was the own goal, can only assume durnan got caught in two minds, a shame as he had been playing well up to that point.

Two wins on the bounce also, and with forfar next up in the league a good chance of making it three.

Extremely comfortable today never really getting out of first gear against what was a pretty poor Peterhead team. Result was never really in doubt and if we really wanted it we could’ve got a few more at the end. McManus was incredibly unlucky with that bobble just as Doyle’s cut back was coming to him or that would’ve been his fourth. What a player he is btw absolutely massive we keep him for the rest of the season and if we do I think we’ll be fine. I’d be looking to chuck money and a longer contract his way soon as possible as well. Along with him Gary Miller has another really good game he just breezes through games and controls in the middle of the park a real calming and leading influence. His recovery run in the first half to chase down McAllister and stop him after another Durnan f**k up was fantastic.

Cammy Eadie getting MoM was some laugh boys total guff. Comfortably worst player on the park today and one of the worst I’ve seen this season.

Never an easy ground for anyone, let’s hope that this is the start of a decent run, McManus must be kept, after today’s three strikes I’m sure there will be more than the two clubs confirmed as interested 
What two clubs?

Barrow ruled it out and Partick seem well set to sign Rudden and Brian Graham. No way McManus is going there surely.

Our best hope is that we are the only club in the central belt willing to make him a good offer and he values that.

Less said about Durnans first half perfirmance the better. He just makes so many needless errors it's impossible to defend him.

To his credit, at the end he came over to apologise to the fans he was shouting at first half.

I thiught it was a good professional performance all round. Sammon contributed more than McMillan has been so I'd keep the same team next week.

48 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
50 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:
McManus’ record anywhere apart from League One may , just may, put people off.

But, but.... Prolific

I’d bite your hand off just now if we could get a permanent deal for McManus.

I know you have concerns about him and in particular his goals record, his effort and commitment for us so far this season have been outstanding.

5 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I’d bite your hand off just now if we could get a permanent deal for McManus.

I know you have concerns about him and in particular his goals record, his effort and commitment for us so far this season have been outstanding.

I dont have concerns about him. Have always thought and said he was an excellent signing. If you listened to Pars and County fans, pre season, they said what most of us knew about him. He is a really hard worker and does a lot of the dirty work for the team but is ublikely to score hatloads. Many successful forwards have followed this formula. His career stas also bear this out. Me saying he wasnt a prolific guy was based on fact, and was not a criticism. The fact that he is in such good scoring form for us is nothing but good. 

One poster thinks I criticised McManus and thinks him scoring goals is a stick to beat me with. He cant provide quotes though. 

McManus is very good at this level, whether he is as good in the championship remains to be seen. All that matters currently is he stays till end of the season. Lose him this month then it will be extremely difficult to get a decent replacement. As you can't see McMillan and in particular Sammon stepping up to the plate. I'd even let Sammon go if it meant keeping McManus permanently.

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I dont have concerns about him. Have always thought and said he was an excellent signing. If you listened to Pars and County fans, pre season, they said what most of us knew about him. He is a really hard worker and does a lot of the dirty work for the team but is ublikely to score hatloads. Many successful forwards have followed this formula. His career stas also bear this out. Me saying he wasnt a prolific guy was based on fact, and was not a criticism. The fact that he is in such good scoring form for us is nothing but good. 

One poster thinks I criticised McManus and thinks him scoring goals is a stick to beat me with. He cant provide quotes though. 

Your last quote was ‘but, but...prolific’ which was very dismissive tbf mate.

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Your last quote was ‘but, but...prolific’ which was very dismissive tbf mate.

I know. It was made in agreement with CC52 FFC who was correctly pointing out the unarguable fact that Declan McManus over the span of his career is not a prolific goalscorer. 

Went as a neutral. Quite impressed with Falkirk, their passing and movement was very sharp and comfortably too much for a leaden Peterhead side.

McManus looks a class apart and great anticipation and finish for the second goal. First goal was a bit soft and then the penalty and sending off sank the game as a contest.

In fairness Peterhead had a good spell around their goal and they pushed Falkirk hard for quarter of an hour.  Never felt the visitors were being really stretched, however.

Falkirk look like they are moving up through the gears at the right time and this was a professional display from them. Peterhead-as always when I’ve seen them in the last couple of years- look a team chock full of guys at the end if their career who aren’t worked hard enough by a manager who remains mystifyingly unsackable. A club with a lot of potential but crying out for fresh legs and fresh ideas.

Edited by Ivo den Bieman

Selecting wee bits of quotes to misrepresent them pretty much seals your embarrassing perofrmance over this subject tbh, so I will just leave it there on the assumption that have no intention of making a single honest post about it.

Il pop this one in beside that time you tried to claim Scotland U19s was a decent level.

Durnan has two minds?. That's two more than I though he had

A really professional and dominant performance from start to finish. Only real blip was the own goal, can only assume durnan got caught in two minds, a shame as he had been playing well up to that point.
Two wins on the bounce also, and with forfar next up in the league a good chance of making it three.