Peterhead vs Falkirk

2 hours ago, badgerthewitness said:

Is Peterhead a bit rangersy?

Personally not one of those folk that have a second Scottish team or an English one, Its Peterhead only for me. There probably is more of a Rangers presence around the town more than Celtic or Aberdeen although I don't live in the town. There was a clear out of various Rangers memorabilia that was in the public bar a few years back when we had Celtic visit in the Cup not sure if it has been resurrected or not as I drive to games so am not in the bar very often. Its a unfortunate fact that every town in Scotland has either a majority of folk that would class themselves as supporters of one side of the old firm probably most not actually going to games. 

Personally not one of those folk that have a second Scottish team or an English one, Its Peterhead only for me. There probably is more of a Rangers presence around the town more than Celtic or Aberdeen although I don't live in the town. There was a clear out of various Rangers memorabilia that was in the public bar a few years back when we had Celtic visit in the Cup not sure if it has been resurrected or not as I drive to games so am not in the bar very often. Its a unfortunate fact that every town in Scotland has either a majority of folk that would class themselves as supporters of one side of the old firm probably most not actually going to games. 
No, thankfully all the Rangers tat has been replaced with Peterhead memorabilia.

49 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn93 said:

I know. We’ve incorporated a few things in too so a wee weekend away from it as opposed to just going up and down on one day. Going to the prison museum before the game, sunday a wee trip along Banffshire before back home.

The "Old" prison is well worth a visit, you get a set of headphones that gives information as you go along so you can go at your own pace although I think they do guided tours as well. If you are taking the car over to the game there is a limited amount of free parking at the ground but unless there early it a case of finding a space on the streets around the area. Don't think the forecast is great but hopefully you & your folks enjoy your trip.

14 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:
48 minutes ago, peternapper said:

No, thankfully all the Rangers tat has been replaced with Peterhead memorabilia.

Is this a bar associated with the club and if so why was it displaying rangers memorabilia?

2 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Is this a bar associated with the club and if so why was it displaying rangers memorabilia?

It is the bar at the ground usually open to all, never really paid to much attention to what was on display but think it was pictures & things maybe exchanged between the clubs when playing each other. Anyway glad to hear its not the case now as it should only be relevant to Peterhead. The bar area has all recently been refurbished & now has a coffee shop attached.

The "Old" prison is well worth a visit, you get a set of headphones that gives information as you go along so you can go at your own pace although I think they do guided tours as well. If you are taking the car over to the game there is a limited amount of free parking at the ground but unless there early it a case of finding a space on the streets around the area. Don't think the forecast is great but hopefully you & your folks enjoy your trip.

Aye I worked in the old Aberdeen prison then Grampian. Never had the joys of old Peterhead but given they still had slopping out i don’t think I missed much. My grans grew up in Portsoy so think that’s on the cards for Sunday.

ETA: is there any soft play centres nearby or other things for kids to do? She’s not coming to the football so she’s going to do something with the wee one.

13 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn93 said:

Aye I worked in the old Aberdeen prison then Grampian. Never had the joys of old Peterhead but given they still had slopping out i don’t think I missed much. My grans grew up in Portsoy so think that’s on the cards for Sunday.

ETA: is there any soft play centres nearby or other things for kids to do? She’s not coming to the football so she’s going to do something with the wee one.

Check that out, Boddam is the village before you go into Peterhead, as an auld manny myself  cannot say how good the centre is but fairly new so should be fine.

https://www.looptylous.co.uk
Check that out, Boddam is the village before you go into Peterhead, as an auld manny myself  cannot say how good the centre is but fairly new so should be fine.

Thank you mate, worked in Peterhead long enough but commuted from Aberdeen so never got to see what was in it. Enjoy the game, just not too much ;)

12 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn93 said:

Thank you mate, worked in Peterhead long enough but commuted from Aberdeen so never got to see what was in it. Enjoy the game, just not too much ;)

Have you used the AWPR since it opened, huge difference now Stonehaven-Ellon 35 mins & miss Aberdeen altogether 

3 hours ago, peternapper said:

It used to have the Rangers songbook on the juke box iirc.

48 minutes ago, peternapper said:

As mentioned I drive up to games so not in the bar very often, would be surprized if this was still the case, if it is ask for it to be switched off as offensive.

I'm talking years ago, sure they got rid of it the same time of that Celtic tie you mentioned.

9 hours ago, Enigma said:

Feel like you might be better suited to being an armchair Manchester City fan if that’s your attitude. Not sure League One or following your club through thick and thin is for you.

I was actually summarizing what other Falkirk fans had said on this thread and offering my opinion (sorry for that) on why folks would go.

I also gave kudos for the hardy loyal souls who will make the trip and I've done it to far off places in the past many times, but wouldn't anymore. We will see on Saturday how many of the 4000 or so regular match going Falkirk fans agree it's worth going to or not. When I first started watching Falkirk we were in the 3rd tier and pretty shit by the way - just like now.

As for Man C , I don't mind them mainly due to a historical hatred of Man U , Liverpool and Chelsea - lesser of 4 evils , but I don't watch the EPL at all.