Dons v Sons, SC4R

resk

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

It has crossed my cynical mind that this merkland experiment might be a way to shift people out the south and thus increase away allocations for certain games in the future...

Gads, hope not.

More a topic for our own thread but even if this is an undeniable success it's going to cause mayhem if they decide RDL is the family stand next season.

2 hours ago, optimistic said:

Hoping it’s third time lucky fir sons, but truthfully, if it’s less than 5, it’s a miracle

According to the Sons Archive, we've played Aberdeen 19 times at Pittodrie and only won 3 of them. All of those wins coming before the year 1920.

Just to kill off any lingering hope you might have had.

Just now, The Moonster said:

According to the Sons Archive, we've played Aberdeen 19 times at Pittodrie and only won 3 of them. All of those wins coming before the year 1920.

We're now into the 2020s, so a shock might be on the cards.

I've seen the Dons get knocked out by Ayr United, draw with Queens Park and East Fife, all at Pittodrie, scrape past Clydebank, also at Pittodrie, all when these sides (with the possible exception of Clydebank) were Second Division cannon fodder.

And then there are all the shocks since 1970...

On 14/01/2020 at 09:41, Irrational Behaviour said:

1200 is an unreal effort.

Definitely could be looking at 10k for this fixture. I know the Stenny and Stranraer home games in this round were sub 10k. It would be job done from Cormack if we could do it on Saturday. 

Any Sons fans on here know how many have been sold? 660 ish came up when we last met.

The fans that have bought tickets for the Merkland are not new fans but will make the other stands even more empty for this one. If we get more than 6000 I’ll be amazed.

5 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I've seen the Dons get knocked out by Ayr United, draw with Queens Park and East Fife, all at Pittodrie, scrape past Clydebank, also at Pittodrie, all when these sides (with the possible exception of Clydebank) were Second Division cannon fodder.

We are due an upset tbf. I just can't see us causing any problems with the front line options we have available, and more than likely a 20 year old box to box midfielder making his debut at right back.

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

We are due an upset tbf. I just can't see us causing any problems with the front line options we have available, and more than likely a 20 year old box to box midfielder making his debut at right back.

Derek McInnes' brother your manager?

11 minutes ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

We broke 6000 a week ago today. We're sitting around the 8000 mark currently. 10k looking unlikely though.

I stand corrected....and amazed! My son still has to buy his, so that’s at least one more.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

I've seen us get a draw there though! Courtesy of a great John Bourke diving header in 1975.

2 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Livingston. 1-0. Fat striker. On my birthday.

I'm still pissed off with that one.

Everyone fit for us apart from Isaac Layne, which I suppose is better than last week but still leaves us with nobody up front. I assume we'll line up:

Brennan

Wilson -- Neill -- McGeever -- Quitongo

Hutton

McCluskey -- Carswell -- McKee -- Scullion

Crossan

Subs: Pettigrew, Tierney, Zata, Crawford, Langan

We really need to be playing for free kicks and corners to have any chance - McKee and McGeever look our biggest threat.

I think I'd like to have Langan in there somwhere, given the amount of chasing we'll be doing.

Everyone fit for us apart from Isaac Layne, which I suppose is better than last week but still leaves us with nobody up front. I assume we'll line up:

Brennan

Wilson -- Neill -- McGeever -- Quitongo

Hutton

McCluskey -- Carswell -- McKee -- Scullion

Crossan

Subs: Pettigrew, Tierney, Zata, Crawford, Langan

We really need to be playing for free kicks and corners to have any chance - McKee and McGeever look our biggest threat.

2 hours ago, lionel wickson said:

I think I'd like to have Langan in there somwhere, given the amount of chasing we'll be doing.

Perhaps Langan in for Scullion with either Langan or McKee playing wider will be how Duffy sets up, aye. Might be the better option as Scullion does give the ball away quite cheaply.