Dons v Sons, SC4R

resk

51 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I’m disappointed in the stick that Bruce Anderson is getting on here. I thought that he was really unlucky today. He got himself in some great positions but in general the ball just didn’t fall for him. He had a number of shots, which is one of the complaints normally  levelled against the team, and could have done better with a couple of them but I felt that he was unlucky on a few occasions. Dons fans have been wanting Anderson to get a start, and he gets three starts in row, one goal, and people want him to be loaned out again. Really? I want him to get a really decent run in the team and I’m convinced that he’ll get us goals.

Although I was in the Main Stand today as a one off, I thought that the Merkland Stand initiative worked really well. My son was there and said that it was a great atmosphere. Need to do that again.

^^^Bruce Anderson found.

I’ll dispute a couple of your points. You did defend reasonably well, but we had at least four free headers which all went well over the bar and all of them should have been goals, so not great defending there. Given that the challenge on Cosgrove for the penalty was a foul, then, yes, it would have been a penalty at the other end. But well done to the Dumbarton fans who made the journey to Aberdeen. There were more of you there than at least half of the clubs that visit in the Premiership.

I’ll need to see the penalty incident again. In my opinion there was contact but not enough for him to go down. It was very soft. If I’m proved wrong and it is a clear foul then fair enough.

This is obviously just me speculating but had the same incident happened and it was our striker hitting the deck like that in your box I feel the ref would not have given it, this is not a chip in the shoulder it’s generally how it goes in terms of decisions when it’s a larger team at home facing inferior opposition, as I’m sure you guys must have experienced at Ibrox/Parkhead?

Although it’s difficult to tell on the Sportscene single camera, I can totally see why the referee gave the penalty. I’m not saying that makes it the right call, but it wasn’t the howler of a decision that the Facebook group would have you believe imo.

Excellent play from Cosgrove. He knows if he nips in in front of Quitongo he’ll more than likely be clipped and get the penalty.

I feel for Rico, he'd played really well (as they all did).

Looking at how Rico reacted, he's either gutted that he fouled Cosgrove or that he stuck his foot out to get him dive over it. Either way, there was no anger from him it seemed, just hugely disappointed.

Thought everyone worked their socks off and we were a little unlucky in the end. The back 4 were organised, the midfield done well when we got the ball but we never really threatened.

A good performance, no new injuries and some extra cash are the positives.

Although it’s difficult to tell on the Sportscene single camera, I can totally see why the referee gave the penalty. I’m not saying that makes it the right call, but it wasn’t the howler of a decision that the Facebook group would have you believe imo.

Excellent play from Cosgrove. He knows if he nips in in front of Quitongo he’ll more than likely be clipped and get the penalty.

Also noticeable that quitongo puts head in hands and doesn’t really protest.

My view penalty decision was correct and Quitongo reaction backs this up. 
still think offside for hedges is a question

steven Thompson plays the rustiness card. 
if going away for a break causes rustiness to the extent of that performance. Simple don’t go and play games in the weeks you are off

Would have gone up the road for this one to support the Merkland initiative. If we could successfully implement an “away end at home” there it would really help the atmosphere. Unfortunately I’m seeing Slipknot at the Hydro that evening because I’m a big 13 year old goth. Hope the team turn up and the Merkland’s a big party.

We’re in the draw. I’ll take it. Slipknot were fucking immense by the way. I definitely made the right decision. I’ll see yous in the fifth round.