Dons v Sons, SC4R

resk

Given I was pretty much at totally the wrong end of the ground, what's the views from those around it on the penalty?

It looked like Quitongo made a challenge from a dodgy angle, but the way Cosgrove went down (as he did quite a few times during the game) looked theatrical.

Announce trial by Sportscene imo.

Guest Bob Mahelp
6 minutes ago, PWL said:

On footballing terms I don't disagree but given the state of our club at moment, a draw would have been a brilliant result for us. 

That's true. 

My take is it was a penalty .... but was offside( hedges).

almost feels like my pre match prediction of an easy win would have been easier to take .

if any Aberdeen fan is remotely satisfied with that display . Dear oh dear .

as a Scotland fan please keep McKenna away from any future squads. He is awful 

Given I was pretty much at totally the wrong end of the ground, what's the views from those around it on the penalty?
It looked like Quitongo made a challenge from a dodgy angle, but the way Cosgrove went down (as he did quite a few times during the game) looked theatrical.
Announce trial by Sportscene imo.
The replay I saw was from miles out so it was hard to judge but it did look a stonewaller. Sportscene will clear it up.

Let's be honest here, Dumbarton offered absolutely nothing aside from a 10 man defence.  You played with 2 lines of 5 in front of the keeper. 
Aberdeen were rusty and lacking sharpness and invention, but Dumbarton deserved absolutely zilch from the game. 

I wasn't there today so I can't comment on the game, but what I can say is that my club is currently on the bones of its arse money-wise and player-wise. Hardly surprising then that we didn't bring our trademark expansive, flowing football to Pittodrie today.

Aye, we probably did deserve zilch but at least my fears that an Aberdeen side which had recently been toning up in Dubai and was unleashing the midfield dynamo that is Dylan McGeoch would blow us away.

Now, can we please have our cheque ?

Let's be honest here, Dumbarton offered absolutely nothing aside from a 10 man defence.  You played with 2 lines of 5 in front of the keeper. 
Aberdeen were rusty and lacking sharpness and invention, but Dumbarton deserved absolutely zilch from the game. 

Aberdeen weren't rusty or lacking sharpness, they were absolutely fucking honking.

I mean, that wasn’t great but not sure the relentless negativity is warranted.

Created enough chances to win comfortably against a side camped in their own box.

Mcgeough and ojo look like they’ll work well together.

Biggest disappointment for me was McLennan and Anderson not taking their opportunity. Both poor.

ETA enjoyed the red shed, felt like an away day at times. Hopefully do it again.

1 hour ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Did you expect a mid table League 1 side to come out and play any other way?

3 hours ago, FraserDFC said:

Robbed.
We defended so well and deserved the replay.
Would it have been a penalty if it happened up the other end? I very much doubt it.
Every man worked themselves into the ground today.
Thought Rico had a brilliant game, gutted for him conceding the penalty as personally I don’t feel there was enough contact for Cosgrove to go down, mind you he did spend the majority of the game on his arse.
If I were an Aberdeen fan would be very concerned if we needed a penalty to beat a mid table league 1 team ravaged by injury at home.
Good to see PJ back in the side from injury, worked his socks off up top himself.
Overall a good day out though, just a shame we had to lose it so late, that’s fitba’ but.
Some new signings soon plz mr Duffy.

I’ll dispute a couple of your points. You did defend reasonably well, but we had at least four free headers which all went well over the bar and all of them should have been goals, so not great defending there. Given that the challenge on Cosgrove for the penalty was a foul, then, yes, it would have been a penalty at the other end. But well done to the Dumbarton fans who made the journey to Aberdeen. There were more of you there than at least half of the clubs that visit in the Premiership.

If that was us rusty, it’s taking us 18 months to get up to speed. That was just the same McInnes, pass, pass, pass, going nowhere shite we see every week.

I’m disappointed in the stick that Bruce Anderson is getting on here. I thought that he was really unlucky today. He got himself in some great positions but in general the ball just didn’t fall for him. He had a number of shots, which is one of the complaints normally  levelled against the team, and could have done better with a couple of them but I felt that he was unlucky on a few occasions. Dons fans have been wanting Anderson to get a start, and he gets three starts in row, one goal, and people want him to be loaned out again. Really? I want him to get a really decent run in the team and I’m convinced that he’ll get us goals.

Although I was in the Main Stand today as a one off, I thought that the Merkland Stand initiative worked really well. My son was there and said that it was a great atmosphere. Need to do that again.