Dons v Sons, SC4R

resk

I have been to two Dumbarton games at Pittodrie. Both have been 1-0 wins.

In 1985, I think I took in my only ever game from the old wing stand and we scored within a minute, with the possibly expected barrage failing to occur.

In 2014, in the middle of all the fun of that time, having beaten at Celtic away in the previous round we got this relatively straightforward looking home QF.
It was a struggle with Rooney I think scoring.

Dumbarton’s white strip with the black and gold flash is the classiest kit anywhere.

Would have gone up the road for this one to support the Merkland initiative. If we could successfully implement an “away end at home” there it would really help the atmosphere. Unfortunately I’m seeing Slipknot at the Hydro that evening because I’m a big 13 year old goth. Hope the team turn up and the Merkland’s a big party.

The Merkland Initiative? 

The club has announced that the Merkland stand (usually the family stand) will be an unallocated seating singing section with an emphasis on creating atmosphere. It’s something I’ve said for a while (and have told the club) - the Merkland stand is ideal for creating an atmosphere, and if we can harness the energy of some of our away supports at Pittodrie, it would make a massive difference.

Likewise, it makes f**k all sense to have the family stand in the shitey shed end when you’ve got a brand new shiny stand the other end. Swap them over, let folk stand, wave flags, jump around.

Been to pittodrie twice, a 3-1 defeat, (obidile era), and the last game, a 1-0 defeat, where Paul mcginn should’ve scored near the end. I’d love to think third time lucky, but Aberdeen should have plenty in reserve to beat us, but I’m sure many sons fans will enjoy the day out regardless, as I will, through one eye 🤪

AKA the David Winnie Derby (not many folk linking the two clubs, TBF).

1-0, last minute Considine winner bundling keeper and ball into the net IMO. Absolutely buzzing for it.
Can't we call it the Bryan Prunty derby instead?

I bought my train ticket yesterday and there will be five of us arriving in Aberdeen at 1121. I expect Aberdeen will win comfortably but I'm still looking forward to a wee day out.

On 05/01/2020 at 15:19, tarapoa said:

Dumbarton’s white strip with the black and gold flash is the classiest kit anywhere.

Agreed, but you won't find it on show in this one. This season our home strip is yellow (yes, yellow) and black stripes, and our away one is plain white. Okay at home we look a bit like Borussia Dortmund - but that's the only resemblance.

15 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Unless wee sign a couple of bodies this week, most notably a right back, and get the likes of Layne fit to start then this will be a fucking massacre. Imagine Tierney bumbling around up top himself at Pittodrie. Wild.

I assume Aberdeen TV or whatever it's called will be showing this?

The options at right back are even more dire imo. 

We simply have to see some transfer activity in the coming days or this match is a waste of time and effort.  Surely to f**k we’re not going to try and do this with just ONE outfield substitute again. 

14 minutes ago, George Parr said:

We simply have to see some transfer activity in the coming days or this match is a waste of time and effort.  Surely to f**k we’re not going to try and do this with just ONE outfield substitute again. 

PITK

There's also the possibility that any new signing might be cup-tied.

Got 3 bus tickets on the City Gold Bus for this Saturday, £60 for the 3, details below - pm me if interested. Cheers

To: Aberdeen, Bus Station (11:30 AM)
To: Glasgow, Buchanan Bus Station (11:00 PM)

Edited by Rock Star

Unless wee sign a couple of bodies this week, most notably a right back, and get the likes of Layne fit to start then this will be a fucking massacre. Imagine Tierney bumbling around up top himself at Pittodrie. Wild.

I assume Aberdeen TV or whatever it's called will be showing this?

On RedTV

You will need something else to be able to watch it though [emoji6]