Thistle Vs Dundee United

This is the bit where i make an arse of myself when we take 750 fans but im wondering if thats enough.

I mean it probably is but we took over 700 to Dumfries, over 2000 to Dunfermline and over 3000 to Arbroath (admittedly basically a home game).

A few busses now saying they are full.

Its probably enough but ill buy my ticket in advance just in case.

Edited by invergowrie arab

They'll probably keep the segregation tape at the far end of the JH as an overspill just in case but even in the 13-14 season when we played you first game of the season in our first game after promotion and McNamara was coming back, and later in the season when you were flying and had the team with Robertson, GMS, Armstrong etc I don't think you sold that stand out entirely.

36 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

TBF Dundee have made a final and a semi this millennium. I dont know if Thistle enter the cups or not.

We do, we just draw the old firm pretty much every year. So never make the semis. It’s great. 

3 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

TBF Dundee have made a final and a semi this millennium. I dont know if Thistle enter the cups or not.

The last time Dundee United lasted longer in a major cup competition than Partick Thistle was the League Cup in 16/17.

Funnily enough we are a poor cup team. A poor cup team who you haven’t bettered in the last 7 (seven) cups. I believe you east coast types would call this a ‘minter’?

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

The last time Dundee United lasted longer in a major cup competition than Partick Thistle was the League Cup in 16/17.

Funnily enough we are a poor cup team. A poor cup team who you haven’t bettered in the last 7 (seven) cups. I believe you east coast types would call this a ‘minter’?

I get your argument, but you are not strictly correct. United lasted a day longer than Thistle in the 2017-18 competition, as an example. 😐

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

Put it on a pennant 

With the Butcher unsurprisingly suspended this match is lacking a bit of an edge.

We've actually played okay in our two meetings this season. 

We're unlikely to have any fresh faces on Saturday so just get the sleeves rolled up and get a much needed home win.

How we manage that is the question. Maybe it's Myth Austin time? 🤔