Final table predictions..

We’re about mid season and I thought it would be interesting to hear opinions on how you see the final league table looking.

January transfer window could/will change things and make or break team’s hopes.

1. Cove Rangers

2. Edinburgh City

3.Cowdenbeath

4. Elgin

5. Annan

6. Stirling Albion

7. Queens Park

8. Stenhousemuir

9. Albion Rovers

10.Brechin City

I don’t want Brechin to be relegated and they might not be. Whoever finishes bottom will face a huge challenge against Kelty or Brora if that’s who wins the Lowland/Highland leagues.

My opinion of Cove winning the league is biased clearly. If we don’t replace Declan Glass appropriately I see Edinburgh City clinching the title. Actually I think we need more than a Glass replacement to win the league; we need a right winger to replace the rogue Aird (who I never rated) as we have no other natural wide man except Yule who’s bailing us out as a right back currently.

Our recent performances over the last couple of months haven’t been as high a standard and we’ve been slightly fortunate to get all the points we have.

I've been told be less pessimistic in 2020, so:

1. Brechin City

2. Cove Rangers

3. Edinburgh City

4.Cowdenbeath

5. Elgin

6. Annan

7. Stirling Albion

8. Queens Park

9. Stenhousemuir

10. Albion Rovers

51 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

I've been told be less pessimistic in 2020, so:

1. Brechin City

2. Cove Rangers

3. Edinburgh City

4.Cowdenbeath

5. Elgin

6. Annan

7. Stirling Albion

8. Queens Park

9. Stenhousemuir

10. Albion Rovers

Can’t be easy given the past two seasons. Anyway I’m rooting for Brechin to finish 9th or higher.

Hopefully the Binos get into the playoffs. 

1 Cove Rangers 

2 Edinburgh City 

3 Cowdenbeath 

4 The Binos 

5 Annan Ath 

6 Elgin City 

7 Queens Park 

8 Albion Rovers 

9 Stenhousemuir 

10 Brechin City 

2 hours ago, rhliston said:

1 Cove Rangers 

2 Edinburgh City 

3 Cowdenbeath 

4 The Binos 

5 Annan Ath 

6 Elgin City 

7 Queens Park 

8 Albion Rovers 

9 Stenhousemuir 

10 Brechin City 

There is every chance of them getting 4th if they keep up this form. Annan and Elgin haven’t been getting results as of late.

To be honest I think next week’s game at Forthbank will be very keenly contested. If we don’t replace Glass by Saturday I think a draw might on the cards. Not like we can afford to do that with EC hot on our tails.

Will the Binos strengthen in the transfer window? What positions/players are needed?

44 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

There is every chance of them getting 4th if they keep up this form. Annan and Elgin haven’t been getting results as of late.

To be honest I think next week’s game at Forthbank will be very keenly contested. If we don’t replace Glass by Saturday I think a draw might on the cards. Not like we can afford to do that with EC hot on our tails.

Will the Binos strengthen in the transfer window? What positions/players are needed?

Hopefully we bring in a couple of players, but it depends on who we get rid of to free up wages. Already Gareth Rodgers is gone Centre Half to Gala Fairydean, expect a couple more to go out. Reckon we need help in midfield, a creative midfield player would be nice along with a defensive midfield player to cover for Nicholl. Maybe a winger it depends on who is available.

Re the game at Forthbank, I would quite happy to settle for a draw on Saturday but you never know we might just surprise a few people and sneak the win. 😊

If we do lose Connor Smith (still not confirmed as far as I can see) and not replace him with someone even half as good, holding onto 3rd or 4th will become very difficult for us. He makes us tick and nobody can come near him in terms of energy and ability within the remaining squad.

1 hour ago, rhliston said:

Hopefully we bring in a couple of players, but it depends on who we get rid of to free up wages. Already Gareth Rodgers is gone Centre Half to Gala Fairydean, expect a couple more to go out. Reckon we need help in midfield, a creative midfield player would be nice along with a defensive midfield player to cover for Nicholl. Maybe a winger it depends on who is available.

Re the game at Forthbank, I would quite happy to settle for a draw on Saturday but you never know we might just surprise a few people and sneak the win. 😊

Creative midfielders are in demand for all league 2 sides it seems (us included). I’d take a winger as well; we only have one (Masson) since our other one unceremoniously left after a ham shank wave! Was fairly useless anyway and overpaid.

Binos have a fine defence record and are starting to score a few so it’ll be a tough game. Mitch is in a rich vein of form recently and looks like he’ll score every chance. That might be our saving grace.

1 hour ago, CowdenLoyal said:

If we do lose Connor Smith (still not confirmed as far as I can see) and not replace him with someone even half as good, holding onto 3rd or 4th will become very difficult for us. He makes us tick and nobody can come near him in terms of energy and ability within the remaining squad.

He’s a standout player no doubt about that and at 17 he has a bright future in the game. Are Hearts wanting to recall him? There squad is massive.

Connor confirmed it was his last game on BBTV. Shame for us but good luck to him. You forget he is only 17. He has a great chance. It irks me that the cretin two weeks ago could have injured him quite badly. Shouldn’t be playing at all with his disgusting attitude. I will watch both the Hearts loanees career with interest.

Anything that looks remotely like this will do...

1. Cove Rangers

2. Edinburgh City

3. Queen's Park or AN Other

4 Queen's Park or AN Other

5. Queen's Park or AN Other

6. Queen's Park or AN Other

7. Queen's Park or AN Other

8. Queen's Park or AN Other

9. Queen's Park or AN Other

10. Stenhousemuir

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

On 05/01/2020 at 16:18, rhliston said:

1 Cove Rangers 

2 Edinburgh City 

3 Cowdenbeath 

4 The Binos 

5 Annan Ath 

6 Elgin City 

7 Queens Park 

8 Albion Rovers 

9 Stenhousemuir 

10 Brechin City 

These are decent predictions.

Top 3 look set.  4th to 7th in any order, all have a purple patch in them. Especially Stirling.

Bottom 3  in any order.

I'd hope Albion and Stenhousemuir stay up, as they're easier to get to for an away day than Brechin.

What happens if Brechin do go to the Highland league, and I've no doubt Kelty Hearts will be coming in to league 2 next season from the Lowland league. That creates an imbalance for those two leagues, does it not?

1 hour ago, Tenkay said:

Top 3 look set.  4th to 7th in any order, all have a purple patch in them. Especially Stirling.

Bottom 3  in any order.

I'd hope Albion and Stenhousemuir stay up, as they're easier to get to for an away day than Brechin.

What happens if Brechin do go to the Highland league, and I've no doubt Kelty Hearts will be coming in to league 2 next season from the Lowland league. That creates an imbalance for those two leagues, does it not?

Kelty wouldn't beatBrechin.

Edited by Aberdeen Cowden
Typo

1 hour ago, Tenkay said:

Bottom 3  in any order.

17 in HL at present with Cove getting promoted last season, so unless another HL team went up this year, then the addition of Brechin, should that happen, would take it back to an even 18 teams.

34 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Kelty wouldn't beatBrechin.

I think Kelty and Brora would fancy their chances against most L2 teams. Admittedly I haven’t seen much of Kelty. I’ve seen Brora a few times over the last couple of seasons and they are strong side who could beat Cove on their day

2 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

In the play offs, you have a team on a high playing a team on a downer over two legs. I can see there being a bit of turnover in the next few years..... hopefully not involving us.

True. Think 4 out of the last 5 L1 9th placed teams have gone down and 2 out of the last 5 L2 bottom clubs. There are a few teams in LL and HL gearing up for life in the SPFL so i suspect we’ll see more changes in L2. 

Next 5 seasons will we see more than 2 out of 5 bottom teams going down? Don’t think it will be less than that.

The pressure in those playoff matches must be intense as existent is sometimes at threat.

Edited by CoveRangers1922