Out of contract...

He's still only 26 and has played his best football for us over the last 18 months or so. Its surely a no-brainer to give him a long-term deal. Decent chance that come next season he'll be the only player who has been at the club more than two or three years.

On 06/01/2020 at 17:21, The Marly said:

Livingston: Gary Maley, Ricki Lamie, Jack McMillan, Aaron Taylor-Sinclair, Chris Erskine, Craig Sibbald, Steven Lawless, Jack Hamilton, Scott Tiffoney

Maley will sign up, he's part time and you'd be lucky if he's on any wage at all. I'm unsure on ATS to be honest, he's only been here for a few months but it'll be interesting to see how he does.

Lamie, McMillan and Tiffoney, it really depends on what they do in the next few months. I've been critical of Lamie and McMillan as I'm not sure they have it in them at this level and Tiffoney hasn't played enough/at all. I wouldn't mind seeing those three out if they don't pick up.

Erskine can go, for being an experienced pro he doesn't really bring much to the team. I'm hoping Thistle take him back this window.

Sibbald, Lawless and Hamilton are the must keeps for me, Sibbald has finally settled at this level and is decent. Lawless is probably our best player, such a creative player in the final third. Hamilton has a lot of potential and is hopefully the Dykes replacement when he goes

7 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Maley will sign up, he's part time and you'd be lucky if he's on any wage at all. I'm unsure on ATS to be honest, he's only been here for a few months but it'll be interesting to see how he does.

Lamie, McMillan and Tiffoney, it really depends on what they do in the next few months. I've been critical of Lamie and McMillan as I'm not sure they have it in them at this level and Tiffoney hasn't played enough/at all. I wouldn't mind seeing those three out if they don't pick up.

Erskine can go, for being an experienced pro he doesn't really bring much to the team. I'm hoping Thistle take him back this window.

Sibbald, Lawless and Hamilton are the must keeps for me, Sibbald has finally settled at this level and is decent. Lawless is probably our best player, such a creative player in the final third. Hamilton has a lot of potential and is hopefully the Dykes replacement when he goes

I'd bump Lamie up to must keep, but other than that then this is spot on. It's a shame how Tiffoney has worked out, there's clearly a player in there and I reckon he'll be a Premiership player in a few years time, but he just doesn't fit with what we do.

7 hours ago, thruthenight said:

I'd bump Lamie up to must keep, but other than that then this is spot on. It's a shame how Tiffoney has worked out, there's clearly a player in there and I reckon he'll be a Premiership player in a few years time, but he just doesn't fit with what we do.

Honestly I'm not keen on him at all, he doesn't close down enough and lets players get shots away. A lot of our goals conceded come from his areas when he plays CB and as a LB he's nowhere near what we have

On 04/01/2020 at 20:12, RandomGuy. said:

This time of year is boring as f**k, no games and teams are working on deals rather than completing them.

Heres a list of first team players available for nothing in the Summer, and able to sign PCAs just now. Take your pick..

Aberdeen: Tomas Cerny,

Celtic: Craig Gordon,  Jonny Hayes,

Hamilton:  Brian Easton, Mickel Miller

Hibernian:Vykintas Slivka

Kilmarnock:  Alex Bruce, Stephen O'Donnell, Gary Dicker, Greg Kiltie

Livingston: Craig Sibbald

Motherwell: Mark Gillespie, Charles Dunne, Peter Hartley

Ross County: Marcus Fraser

St Mirren:Paul McGinn

Didn't realise Motherwell and Kilmarnock had so many first teamers in this situation. Motherwell have a GK and back four all out of contract who could compete for the top half.

Right, ta.

McMillan > Lamie. No contest.* Lithgow / Guthrie at CB with McMillan at LB. Lamie as cover.

Tiffoney has looked OK when I have seen him, when he decides to stay on his feet. Needs a loan spell I think and show his potential which he undoubtedly has

* at LB. Not seen McMillan at CB too much yet to comparw. Glad we have Brown back as another CB option though.

41 minutes ago, Accent-Unknown said:

How is that allowed? I thought every player in the top flight had to be on full time contracts?

Wouldnt think so, something like no amateur contracts would make more sense.