Out of contract...

This time of year is boring as f**k, no games and teams are working on deals rather than completing them.

Heres a list of first team players available for nothing in the Summer, and able to sign PCAs just now. Take your pick..

Aberdeen: Tomas Cerny, Danny Rogers

Celtic: Craig Gordon, Calvin Miller, Jonny Hayes

Hamilton: Kyle Gourlay, Markus Fjortoft, Aaron McGowan, Alex Gogic, George Stanger, Ronan Hughes, Scott Martin, Reegan, Mimnaugh, Mickel Miller, Steve Davies, David Moyo, George Oakley, Marios Ogkmpoe

Hearts: Jamie Brandon, Clevid Dikamona, Oliver Bozanic, Marcel Langer, Euan Henderson, Donis Advijaj, Steven MacLean

Hibernian: Steven Whittaker, Vykintas Slivka

Kilmarnock: Jan Koprivec, Jamie MacDonald, Stephen Hendrie, Ross Millen, Stephen O'Donnell, Iain Wilson, Chris Burke, Gary Dicker, Mohamed El Makrini, Rory McKenzie, Adam Frizzel, Greg Kiltie, Harry Bunn

Livingston: Gary Maley, Ricki Lamie, Jack McMillan, Aaron Taylor-Sinclair, Chris Erskine, Steven Lawless, Jack Hamilton, Scott Tiffoney

Motherwell: Mark Gillespie, Charles Dunne, Peter Hartley, Richard Tait, Barry Maguire, Christian Ilic, Tony Watt, Chris Long, Christy Manzinga

Rangers: Wes Foderingham, Jon Flanagan, Andy Halliday, Jason Holt, Jordan Rossiter

Ross County: Ricky Foster, Marcus Fraser, Tom Grivosti, Callum Morris, Keith Watson, Sean Kelly, Don Cowie, Iain Vigurs, Harry Paton, Lewis Spence, Declan McManus

St Johnstone: Callum Booth, Steven Anderson, Ross Callachan, Liam Craig, Murray Davidson, Drey Wright, Danny Swanson, Chris Kane, David McMillan

St Mirren: Vaclav Hladky, Gary MacKenzie, Ryan Flynn, Stephen McGinn, Oan Djorkaeff, Tony Andreu, Cody Cooke, Ross Wallace, Danny Mullen

Didn't realise Motherwell and Kilmarnock had so many first teamers in this situation. Motherwell have a GK and back four all out of contract who could compete for the top half.

Edited by RandomGuy.

This time of year is boring as f**k, no games and teams are working on deals rather than completing them.

Heres a list of first team players available for nothing in the Summer, and able to sign PCAs just now. Take your pick..

Aberdeen: Tomas Cerny, Danny Rogers, Stephen Gleeson

Celtic: Craig Gordon, Calvin Miller, Jonny Hayes, Scott Sinclair

Hamilton: Kyle Gourlay, Brian Easton, Markus Fjortoft, Aaron McGowan, Alex Gogic, George Stanger, Ronan Hughes, Darian MacKinnon, Scott Martin, Reegan, Mimnaugh, Mickel Miller, Steve Davies, David Moyo, George Oakley, Marios Ogkmpoe

Hearts: Jamie Brandon, Clevid Dikamona, Oliver Bozanic, Glenn Whelan, Euan Henderson, Aiden Keena, Steven MacLean

Hibernian: Adam Bogdan, Steven Whittaker, Vykintas Slivka

Kilmarnock: Jan Koprivec, Jamie MacDonald, Alex Bruce, Calum Waters, Stephen Hendrie, Ross Wilson, Iain Wilson, Stephen O'Donnell, Iain Wilson, Chris Burke, Gary Dicker, Mohamed El Makrini, Rory McKenzie, Adam Frizzel, Greg Kiltie

Livingston: Gary Maley, Ricki Lamie, Jack McMillan, Aaron Taylor-Sinclair, Steve Lawson, Chris Erskine, Craig Sibbald, Steven Lawless, Jack Hamilton, Scott Tiffoney

Motherwell: Trevor Carson, Mark Gillespie, Charles Dunne, Peter Hartley, Liam Grimshaw, Richard Tait, Barry Maguire, Ross MacIver, Christian Ilic, Chris Long, Christy Manzinga

Rangers: Wes Foderingham, Jon Flanagan, Andy Halliday, Jason Holt, Jordan Rossiter, Eduardo Herrera

Ross County: Jack Ruddy, Ricky Foster, Marcus Fraser, Tom Grivosti, Callum Morris, Keith Watson, Sean Kelly, Don Cowie, Iain Vigurs, Harry Paton, Lewis Spence, Brian Graham, Declan McManus

St Johnstone: Callum Booth, Steven Anderson, Ross Callachan, Liam Craig, Murray Davidson, Matty Kennedy, Drey Wright, Danny Swanson, Callum Hendry, Chris Kane, David McMillan

St Mirren: Vaclav Hladky, Gary MacKenzie, Paul McGinn, Ryan Flynn, Stephen McGinn, Oan Djorkaeff, Tony Andreu, Cody Cooke, Danny Mullen

Didn't realise Motherwell and Kilmarnock had so many first teamers in this situation. Motherwell have a GK and back four all out of contract who could compete for the top half.

StMirren-

Must keep. Hladky(no chance) Flynn.

Wouldn't mind keeping Paul McGinn as a squad player, can fill in a few positions but I feel we need to upgrade the right back position.

Let go - Stephen McGinn (reluctantly), been a great club servant in both stints but sadly we look a much better team without him in the side. Mullen and Cooke. Mullen has scored some cracking goals and will maybe do a job for someone at the top end of the championship/bottom end of our league. Cooke seems a good lad and gives his all but I think we can find better.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's actually quite an awkward situation for us tbh as although there are recognised names there only 4 have been regular starters this season (Gillespie, Hartley, Grimshaw and Long) the rest kind of fall into "squad player" categories. There's even an argument that Long might drop to the bench depending on who comes in this window.

Gillespie is playing at a level where you'd think he'd be keen to keep his options open and in turn Carson's not going to commit while he's sat on the bench as back-up to Gillespie since despite his illness he's still easily a first pick goalkeeper.

Guys like Carson and Tait have both hit 30 so you'd think they'd want regular first team games. Tait's vice-captain as well. Dunne's been injured since early in the season (and we've looked far better with Hartley in there with Gallagher anyway). 

Given the way we've been talking up MacIver - and his 25 yarder against County - I'd think he'll be getting an extension easily enough. We seem to quite like Manzinga too. It's kind of make or break for Barry Maguire and the jury is still out on Christian Ilic. I'd be surprised if these are priorities for us at the moment though.

Both Rohan Ferguson and Adam Livingstone are out on loan (Linfield and Morton respectively) and their deals expire in the summer as well. 

Edited by capt_oats

45 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

StMirren-

Must keep. Hladky(no chance) Flynn.

Wouldn't mind keeping Paul McGinn as a squad player, can fill in a few positions but I feel we need to upgrade the right back position.

Let go - Stephen McGinn (reluctantly), been a great club servant in both stints but sadly we look a much better team without him in the side. Mullen and Cooke. Mullen has scored some cracking goals and will maybe do a job for someone at the top end of the championship/bottom end of our league. Cooke seems a good lad and gives his all but I think we can find better.

Agree with majority of this. However, Paul McGinn is a huge player for us. We would struggle to find a better RB within our budget and he’s been the best we’ve had in years IMO. 

Agree with majority of this. However, Paul McGinn is a huge player for us. We would struggle to find a better RB within our budget and he’s been the best we’ve had in years IMO. 
Fair enough bud, maybe I'm being too harsh on Paul. He is a solid reliable defender who is versatile too. Plays for the badge which in recent times isn't always a given. We have struggled to create things this season and I'd be expecting more from both full backs going forward but defensively he is sound enough.

I just think if we want to step up to that 'next tier' we need to improve in most positions tbh, including right back.

Would keep Hladky, P McGinn, Flynn - no brainer. I'd give Andreu and Mullen another year as well, I think they are clever players & can offer something in the Premiership. I would reluctantly let Stephen McGinn go at the end of the season as he isn't up to it at this level anymore sadly, however has been a great player over the years for Saints. 

Mackenzie, Djorkaeff & Cooke can all go this month and free up wages. Mackenzie was great for us in the Championship but he's never up to it at this level and constantly injured.

^^^
This.

Paul was Player of the Year last season and has played every game this season in various positions and has been outstanding. Aye let him go in a few months cos he ain't good enough.

14 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Kilmarnock: Jan Koprivec, Jamie MacDonald, Alex Bruce, Calum Waters, Stephen Hendrie, Ross Wilson, Iain Wilson, Stephen O'Donnell, Iain Wilson, Chris Burke, Gary Dicker, Mohamed El Makrini, Rory McKenzie, Adam Frizzel, Greg Kiltie

O'Donnell will obviously leave - that's been clear since this time last year. We'll try to keep Dicker but at his age I wouldn't be surprised to see him go back down south to be nearer his family. Burke will hopefully get another year, and surely we should be trying to tie down McKenzie long-term.

It's worth keeping at least one of the Iain Wilsons, but it's hard to know what to do with Kiltie and Frizzell, who were both promising youngsters but whose careers have both stalled for different reasons.

I like El Makrini but at his age it's not clear whether he's worth keeping. Waters seemed decent as back-up to Taylor but doesn't seem to have been great at St Mirren. The rest can go - I don't even know who Ross Wilson is.

Easy for the Dons. Bin Rogers and Gleeson, keep Cerny if he’s happy to stay as no. 2.

There are a few names on the list who I’d imagine we’d be interested in as well. Stephen O’Donnell is well documented, although he’s likely to have interest from down south as well so I’d be a bit surprised if we got him. Jonny Hayes would be a dream. Matty Kennedy and Drey Wright are both decent attackers from St Johnstone and some of the more promising youngsters (Euan Henderson from Hearts, Harry Paton from Ross County) may be smart pickups if the dev fee isn’t too high.

12 hours ago, buddie06smfc said:

Would keep Hladky, P McGinn, Flynn - no brainer. I'd give Andreu and Mullen another year as well, I think they are clever players & can offer something in the Premiership. I would reluctantly let Stephen McGinn go at the end of the season as he isn't up to it at this level anymore sadly, however has been a great player over the years for Saints. 

Mackenzie, Djorkaeff & Cooke can all go this month and free up wages. Mackenzie was great for us in the Championship but he's never up to it at this level and constantly injured.

I'd actually keep Cooke. He's young, has the right attitude, he is very good at unsettling/upsetting defences and I think he might yet come good. Give him another year.

Edited by Coventry Saint

Forgot to mention Andreu and McKenzie.

Aye sadly punt McKenzie, good player when fit it's just he never is fit.

Would probably keep Andreu too, like most of our attacking players he is very inconsistent but has chipped in with a few assists. Seems to be more effective coming off the bench.

16 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hearts: Jamie Brandon, Clevid Dikamona, Oliver Bozanic, Glenn Whelan, Euan Henderson, Aiden Keena, Steven MacLean

They can all go. I expect Whelan will leave this month.

1 hour ago, RussellAnderson said:

Easy for the Dons. Bin Rogers and Gleeson, keep Cerny if he’s happy to stay as no. 2.

There are a few names on the list who I’d imagine we’d be interested in as well. Stephen O’Donnell is well documented, although he’s likely to have interest from down south as well so I’d be a bit surprised if we got him. Jonny Hayes would be a dream. Matty Kennedy and Drey Wright are both decent attackers from St Johnstone and some of the more promising youngsters (Euan Henderson from Hearts, Harry Paton from Ross County) may be smart pickups if the dev fee isn’t too high.

A bench of Hayes, Kennedy, Mcginn, Hedges and Mclennan while we start with Main and Gallagher? I like it.