The Masked Singer

jock_the_squak

I think the Harlequin is Macey Gray - the little trill she did seemed very similar.  The Viking could well be the guy from A-Ha - the viking being a nod towards Scandinavia and in the final song it did sound English wasn't his first language.  

I thought the clock was Hoddle after the line about standing by his beliefs - remember he got sacked from England because of his rather strange religion.

I didn't have a clue about tonight's one, but I feel I'm in a position to guess the rest now (subject to change):

Robin - Aston Merrygold

Dragon - Courtney Act

Sausage - Joss Stone

Badger - Ne-Yo (As previously noted, I think the voice is too powerful to be Jay Kay. I'm a big fan of Ne-Yo and the voice sounds remarkably similar, but the one thing I'm unsure about is the likelihood of him being in England to do Masked Singer UK during a pandemic).

Harlequin - Gabrielle

Blob - Lenny Henry

Viking - Morten Harket (an absolute certainty after tonight's performance which he has done acoustically before).

On 24/01/2021 at 03:10, The Real Saints said:

I didn't have a clue about tonight's one, but I feel I'm in a position to guess the rest now (subject to change):

Robin - Aston Merrygold

Dragon - Courtney Act

Sausage - Joss Stone

Badger - Ne-Yo (As previously noted, I think the voice is too powerful to be Jay Kay. I'm a big fan of Ne-Yo and the voice sounds remarkably similar, but the one thing I'm unsure about is the likelihood of him being in England to do Masked Singer UK during a pandemic).

Harlequin - Gabrielle

Blob - Lenny Henry

Viking - Morten Harket (an absolute certainty after tonight's performance which he has done acoustically before).

Putting you on ignore. Sick of you posting spoilers and ruining it.

1 minute ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Putting you on ignore. Sick of you posting spoilers and ruining it.

Mate, you're only embarrassing yourself here. I have no 'spoilers'. Nobody does apart from the production team. Imagine getting that worked up over someone predicting correctly. As I said, he did that exact acoustic version of 'Take on Me' and it was used in Deadpool 2. 

Anyway, I'm pretty confident in my other predictions apart from perhaps Dragon. I went with Courtney Act because of the media leak last week, but I don't know if the voice matches hers based on the YouTube videos I've been listening to/comparing.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Ne-yo wtf is he doing on a programme like this (Obviously TRS will say he called it week 1)

Ne-Yo is one of my favourite pop singers, so yes, I recognised it as being remarkably similar to his voice from an early stage. I didn't feel confident enough to call it until three weeks ago.  Much like yourself, I struggled to comprehend him doing this as he's still a pretty relevant artist. After a little bit of Googling, however, I found out that he'd been in London at the time of filming (as Stefflon Don's support act). I also compiled a list of about ten clues. I'm a sad individual.

I equalled my score of last series, with 10/12 correct overall. Pretty good. Some room for improvement. I shall now return to my usual life of depression and loneliness. Until next year, folks.

Edited by The Real Saints

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...