The Masked Singer

jock_the_squak

Following my success during the last series (predicting 9 consecutive masked singers), I'd like to inform you that I have guessed the first two correctly, although I only knew the Mel B one after investigating the toilet roll clue.

Robin = Aston Merrygold

Harlequin = Gabrielle

Viking = Ricky Wilson

Grandfather clock = Glenn Hoddle

These are the ones I'm currently most confident about. I'm not entirely sure about the Lenny Henry shouts at this stage, but it does sound like his voice and a lot of people do seem to be convinced it's him. 

Following my success during the last series (predicting 9 consecutive masked singers), I'd like to inform you that I have guessed the first two correctly, although I only knew the Mel B one after investigating the toilet roll clue.
Robin = Aston Merrygold
Harlequin = Gabrielle
Viking = Ricky Wilson
Grandfather clock = Glenn Hoddle
These are the ones I'm currently most confident about. I'm not entirely sure about the Lenny Henry shouts at this stage, but it does sound like his voice and a lot of people do seem to be convinced it's him. 

There’s TRS reading spoilers again 🥱

11 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

There’s TRS reading spoilers again 🥱

Spoilers? Highly doubt there are any spoilers online or the show would be ruined, mate. No, merely a mixture of recognising voices (Gabrielle and Aston Merrygold) and the other two based on clues.

Spoilers? Highly doubt there are any spoilers online or the show would be ruined, mate. No, merely a mixture of recognising voices (Gabrielle and Aston Merrygold) and the other two based on clues.
At least be honest... You read the same Facebook group posts as the rest of us!

5 minutes ago, Cowshed Chris said:
14 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

At least be honest... You read the same Facebook group posts as the rest of us!

I'm just guessing like everyone else is? Not sure why I'm getting pulled up on it. I have many faults and weaknesses in life, but recognising singers' voices isn't one of them. I am obsessed with music and have a wide knowledge of trashy pop. I am very familiar with Aston's voice and Gabrielle's voice. The Glenn Hoddle one seems fairly obvious as there were Spurs clues (as pointed out in the show itself) and he described himself as a 'genius' which was the name of that TV show about him. Ricky Wilson, I'm not so sure about, as it either sounds like someone who either isn't a trained singer or someone who is singing a different genre from his usual. But 'looking for a voice' does suggest it's a judge on The Voice, as one of the judges also pointed out. So those are my current guesses. They may change in time. I haven't denied that I do some Googling to decipher the clues on occasion (the Mel B one, for example). I pay no attention to what the general public say on Facebook as they are usually wrong and tend to predict people who would never even give this show a second thought.

3 hours ago, Cowshed Chris said:
On 04/01/2021 at 11:34, The Real Saints said:

Not a chance you got tonight's!

Only just watched the episode now, having already seen a spoiler about who it was. It's easy enough to say that you would have known when you hear the clues in hindsight, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have got that one if I'd been watching it live.

Sheridan Smith's voice is nowhere near as good as Sausage's. It is a very soulful voice, not like hers at all. It sounds similar to Joss Stone for me, so that's my current guess. Badger could be Jay Kay, but I wouldn't be willing to bet on that yet. The timbre of the voice is similar but it sounds more powerful than his.

Edited by The Real Saints

On 09/01/2021 at 21:34, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Should have papped Sausage out as its 100% obvious its Sheridan Smith now.

Badger could be anybody atm.

You must be joking? #VirtualInsanity It's Jay Kay!

virtual insanity GIF

Robin is Olly Murs & Dragon is Courtney Act.

Don't know about Sausage, but I'll take a stab at Alexandra Burke.

I had Ashley Roberts as Swan. No way did anyone have Martine McCutcheon for that.

The clues were tenuous as such. I mean a lamp to represent her part in Eastenders!

Edited by kiddy

Do any betting sites allow you to bet on the identities of the masked singers? I've seen a few articles where it lists odds, but can't seem to find the option at all when I go on the sites.
Tbh I don't think they will, as its pre recorded and not a live event, people get a tip off and they lose a fortune, or suspend betting on someone etc

9 minutes ago, steveffc said:
24 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:
Do any betting sites allow you to bet on the identities of the masked singers? I've seen a few articles where it lists odds, but can't seem to find the option at all when I go on the sites.

Tbh I don't think they will, as its prerecorded and not a live event, people get a tip off and they lose a fortune, or suspend betting on someone etc

Yeah, that makes sense. 

2 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

Good cover up, you know it’s pre recorded and that’s how you get your spoilers 😉

1 hour ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Good cover up, you know it’s pre recorded and that’s how you get your spoilers 😉

Don't you start, Scotty. 😒 I know it's pre-recorded, but I've seen betting websites advertising the odds on Twitter and it seems strange to do that if there's no option to bet on it. I would have no idea where to begin with actual spoilers. 

However, I think that people tend to focus too much on the clues and don't see what's right in front of their nose. For example, the sausage is roughly the same height as Joel Dommett. Sheridan Smith is under 5'2''. Hence she can be ruled out immediately, yet she's the most popular guess and a lot of people seem absolutely certain about it.

I take the investigation game far too seriously. I'd say it's Covid which has made my life so tragic, but I was like this during the first series as well.

Edited by The Real Saints

Don't you start, Scotty. [emoji19] I know it's pre-recorded, but I've seen betting websites advertising the odds on Twitter and it seems strange to do that if there's no option to bet on it. I would have no idea where to begin with actual spoilers. 
However, I think that people tend to focus too much on the clues and don't see what's right in front of their nose. For example, the sausage is roughly the same height as Joel Dommett. Sheridan Smith is under 5'2''. Hence she can be ruled out immediately, yet she's the most popular guess and a lot of people seem absolutely certain about it.
I take the investigation game far too seriously. I'd say it's Covid which has made my life so tragic, but I was like this during the first series as well.
But if you listen to Joel he said last week dont take height into it, with costumes, I thought Sausage was Stacey Solomon ( loved a savaloy etc) till I heard that and the 2 pints and bag off crisps clue, unless something changes drastically on this weeks show, Romesh Ranganathan is blob, I think to much on this programme lol

31 minutes ago, steveffc said:
1 hour ago, The Real Saints said:
Don't you start, Scotty. emoji19.png I know it's pre-recorded, but I've seen betting websites advertising the odds on Twitter and it seems strange to do that if there's no option to bet on it. I would have no idea where to begin with actual spoilers. 

But if you listen to Joel he said last week dont take height into it, with costumes, I thought Sausage was Stacey Solomon ( loved a savaloy etc) till I heard that and the 2 pints and bag off crisps clue, unless something changes drastically on this weeks show, Romesh Ranganathan is blob, I think to much on this programme lol

Joel can say what he wants, but there is no way that a 5'2'' person is in the sausage costume. You can tell by looking at the length of legs for a start, a very similar length to that of Joel's legs (a 5'10'' man). Secondly, the voice is honestly nothing like Sheridan Smith's. It's a better voice, for a start, but also a pop/soul voice which Sheridan simply doesn't possess. Having compared the voice to a few of Joss Stone's songs on YouTube in the last couple of days, it's far more likely to be someone like her.

No idea about Blob. A lot of people are saying it's Lenny Henry, which may well be the case, but I'll probably need some more clues. I find it a lot more difficult to guess the non-singer contestants.

The ones I'd be most sure about are Gabrielle as Harlequin and Aston Merrygold as Robin. Glenn Hoddle as the Grandfather clock (purely based on the 'Spurs' and 'genius' clues) and Joss Stone as the Sausage are my other fairly solid shouts, but I wouldn't bet on them at this stage. Jay Kay as the Badger, Ricky Wilson as the Viking and Courtney Act as the dragon are the online theories which make most sense to me, but I'm not remotely sure about those yet.

I know some people find my predictions annoying, but I'm having fun so I'll continue.