Diamonds vs Loons

We had a bit of a wobble in December, with defeats to Raith and Clyde sandwiching a not-entirely-convincing victory over Peterhead.  The performance agaist Falkirk - and perhaps especially the return of Kurtis Roberts -  should give us confidence that we're more or less back on track, though. 

How are the Forfar fans feeling about this one?

26 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

Tricky game as I still think Forfar have the players to be better than their league position suggests but, if you want to challenge for the title, this is exactly the sort of game you should be winning. 

2-1 Airdrie. 

Every one is now fit so our strong squad should see us getting a win, but my predictive skills have been quite duff . Forfar will be a wee bit dangerous via Hilson so we will need to be on our best defensive skills.

9 hours ago, Tulloch Gorum said:

How are the Forfar fans feeling about this one?

We're scoring for fun but conceding for fun also. We have a really tricky January games against yourselves, Raith and Falkirk. Airdrie will win 3-2 Forfar probably conceding the 3rd goal late on, just like we did against Montrose last week.

Important 3 points for the diamonds.  It won't go down as a classic but points on the board will do.   I had to cover my eyes with the handball on the line. Just relived the ref shat it.  Both defences were very organized so chances were few.  Just pleased to get the win.

Important 3 points for the diamonds.  It won't go down as a classic but points on the board will do.   I had to cover my eyes with the handball on the line. Just relived the ref shat it.  Both defences were very organized so chances were few.  Just pleased to get the win.

Was it handball? I thought it hit his midrift, I was quite a bit away mind you.

19 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Every one is now fit so our strong squad should see us getting a win, but my predictive skills have been quite duff . Forfar will be a wee bit dangerous via Hilson so we will need to be on our best defensive skills.

It was a game of stout defences and the first half was largely tedious. One chance for Gallagher might have gone in and the line clearance at the other end was the most anxious occasion. Like last week we never really played much passing football and the ball down the wings rarely opened up their CBs. We did have some quite good crossing chances but the half time groans were no surprise. It was better in the 2nd half and Forfar seemed to be hoping for free kicks, one of which did worry me in the last minute. Roberts had little impact and I suppose Hawkshaw was a  wee bit different in that attacking role ( and regularly fouled) .There was a wee bit of grumbling when McDonald was subbed for Wedderburn  to shift MCkay to FB. Wedderburn had a good forward attack and the goalie made a good save.The real impact was with Thomson's arrival allowing some one who took the chance to run at Forfar. That led to the corner from which Nat scored. He has always been an enigma but I was delighted to see anyone score and he is the best passer of the ball in the squad. It was a hard fought three points and last season we would not have won. All to play for next week for a wee bit of Methil revenge.

Edited by Chapelhall chap
spelling error

2 minutes ago, 2lgm said:

Was it handball? I thought it hit his midrift, I was quite a bit away mind you.

Looked as if hes blocked it with a knee and it bounced up into his arm.  The sort of one if it's for your team its accidental but at the other end we'd all be shouting for it. 

Looked as if hes blocked it with a knee and it bounced up into his arm.  The sort of one if it's for your team its accidental but at the other end we'd all be shouting for it. 

It depends if your arm is close to or held out from your torso then. The latter is a pen.

Just now, stuartcraig said:

It depends if your arm is close to or held out from your torso then. The latter is a pen.

That was the worrying part.  His arm was up/out.  Dont think it was given as bounced up off a knee but still had my arse twitching like a rabbit's nose.