AUCHINLECK TALBOT V BEITH JUNIORS

happy

1 minute ago, Killiepiyo said:

No doubt in that mate, seems to happen to Shankers more than others though haha. In respects to Beith they started strong but big shez coming off with his hamstring opened things up for us in the 2nd and also the air. Thought McLean added a bit of spark when he came on but guess that asks the question why didnt he start? Usual kicks and elbows, think neilly took a sore one. All in no the contest I was expecting but will take that at home to Beith any day. 

Aye Shankland did really well in the lead up to that goal. Got a cross in then took the return ball really well when it could easily have ended up anywhere. His assists per minute stats must be cracking. 

Not for me.
Major rebuild job needed at Beith.
Too many ageing players and a distinct lack of quality.

None of us are getting any younger but would still have him in my team. No saying he was man of the match but imo Beith play and passing going forward improved when he came on.

Before I get the usual personal abuse... Talbot wise was good to see aiden win himself another start. Spoilt to have opitions at both left back and right back imo. You know popey has the experience to not be upset at not starting and that he will deliver when he does.

How good is it when players are playing full of confidence? Hopefully got Samsons nutmeg and Shankers looked like he'd take on all 10 players to get the ball in the box. Have to admit I thought it was gonna be another difficult game to Beith first 20 minutes...  but Gee looked like he hadn't ate over the festive break he was that hungry for goals the day lol. Could have got another 3! Anyway better do these highlights 

Just now, andy25 said:

Not for me.
Major rebuild job needed at Beith.
Too many ageing players and a distinct lack of quality.

Based on that team performance I can see why youd think that but man for man they have a good squad imo just not blending yet. Watch their last game against Hurlford it's more apparent than today I think. That said no mind the bother we had in our transition? 

Good win for Talbot. Beith won the toss, & made Talbot attack their favoured end in the 1st half. Neither goalie saw much of the ball, both teams found it difficult to create anything in the blustery wind, & driving rain.

Kier Samson put Talbot in front at the beginning of the 2nd half, after Good work from Bryan Boylan set him up to score from 10 yds.

Graham Wilson was next up with a goal straight from the training ground. Mark Shankland shaped up to blast a free kick from Cumnock Cross, Graham made a clever run into the left hand side of the box, Mark expertly slipped him a through ball which he blasted home from the corner of the 6 yd box.

Talbot went 3 up,when an acrobatic effeort from Mark Shankland created mayhem in the Beith defence, & Graham was on hand to force the ball over the line from the distance of a Fish Finger.

Graham completed a fine afternoon for him & his team when he scored late on after being set up by Mark Shankland.

Decent game, healthy attendance on a bitterly cold day.

Look at their goals against and you'll see where the main problem lies.

Based on that team performance I can see why youd think that but man for man they have a good squad imo just not blending yet. Watch their last game against Hurlford it's more apparent than today I think. That said no mind the bother we had in our transition? 

1 hour ago, andy25 said:

Agree and the no4 is one of the worst players I've seen in a long time.

Back handed compliment for Ryan Docherty as he was decent for Beith today, think we all tend to give more stick to the players in the opposition that we begrudgingly admire, I was wanting Wilson booked for his continual lead arm every time he went for a header must have had 5 or 6 fouls and nothing, quite ironic the Talbot fans shouting for Sheridan to stay on when he was going off injured just shows that sometimes football fans can be blinkered and only see one team, well done on your victory today well deserved.

That went well.Beith won the toss and not a lot else. The first half was about even Steven.The problem that most teams have is that they have to play a second half against the Talbot no matter which way they are shotting. At the moment our manager has the  knack of getting games won well before the 90 are up.

Somebody earlier mentioned the age of the Beith team, and there's  major refurb needed there soon. I'm not sure of the age of all the Beith players but am well aware that Sheridan and Mclean are well into their fitba dotage now, and a number of their other older players, whilst still good on the ball are distinctly lacking in space. For the first thirty minutes as Talbot sat back, Beith took the game to them and looked the more dangerous of the two teams, but we've seen it so often now at Beechwood that we know what's eventually going to happen.

Talbot finished the first half the stronger of the two teams and there was only one team in it in the second half, as our pace saw off Beith, with new legs coming on and adding to their agony. That's 15 goals in our last 3 home games against the Buffs, the Blasties and now Beith. By common consent amongst the 'Bot faithful we play better away from home and given the number of those we now have to play it's going to make for an interesting second half to the season.

I imagine major changes for the WOSC tie at Kilwinning next week?

I'd play strongest team.

Somebody earlier mentioned the age of the Beith team, and there's  major refurb needed there soon. I'm not sure of the age of all the Beith players but am well aware that Sheridan and Mclean are well into their fitba dotage now, and a number of their other older players, whilst still good on the ball are distinctly lacking in space. For the first thirty minutes as Talbot sat back, Beith took the game to them and looked the more dangerous of the two teams, but we've seen it so often now at Beechwood that we know what's eventually going to happen.
Talbot finished the first half the stronger of the two teams and there was only one team in it in the second half, as our pace saw off Beith, with new legs coming on and adding to their agony. That's 15 goals in our last 3 home games against the Buffs, the Blasties and now Beith. By common consent amongst the 'Bot faithful we play better away from home and given the number of those we now have to play it's going to make for an interesting second half to the season.
I imagine major changes for the WOSC tie at Kilwinning next week?

5 minutes ago, energyzone said:

What age is Graham Wilson and how long has he been at Talbot? Where did he sign from?

Talented left footer who signed for Cumnock from Bonnyton Thistle Boys Club. Graham became a regular at Townhead and scored twice after coming off the bench in Cumnock’s 3-0 extra time win over Thorton Hibs in the 2008 Scottish Cup semi final. Graham did make an appearance in the final coming on as a substitute in the 2-1 defeat by Bathgate. He later joined Dumbarton but after only 5 appearances he returned to Cumnock where he helped our bitter rivals hang on to their Premier League mantle.

Talented left footer who signed for Cumnock from Bonnyton Thistle Boys Club. Graham became a regular at Townhead and scored twice after coming off the bench in Cumnock’s 3-0 extra time win over Thorton Hibs in the 2008 Scottish Cup semi final. Graham did make an appearance in the final coming on as a substitute in the 2-1 defeat by Bathgate. He later joined Dumbarton but after only 5 appearances he returned to Cumnock where he helped our bitter rivals hang on to their Premier League mantle.
Cumnock where playing him at left back if I remember