Elgin City vs Edinburgh City

Elgin host Edinburgh at Borough Briggs on Saturday in League game both teams will fancy their chances of winning.

Elgin have new signing Cameron Harper from ICT available to make his debut. Edinburgh might have new goalie Alan Martin in the squad.

1 hour ago, Tenkay said:

Elgin host Edinburgh at Borough Briggs on Saturday in League game both teams will fancy their chances of winning.

Elgin have new signing Cameron Harper from ICT available to make his debut. Edinburgh might have new goalie Alan Martin in the squad.

Should be a cracking game at BB tomorrow. Two teams that playing attractive attacking football. 

Wouldn’t mind watching itself but I’ll be at Glebe Park.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

2 hours ago, Tenkay said:

Honestly? Or that's what you hope for, more likely!

Ok I’m hoping for that result but I think Elgin are a strong side (as of course are Edinburgh City)

Two good sides. Should be a great match.

Wouldn’t surprise me at all if Elgin win tomorrow. Would be a great away win for EC though.

From checking the BBC website it appears that Elgin had more possession and shots on goal. Stats are misleading at time I guess and the only one that counts is the score (or that’s what you’d say if your an EC fan).

Was the score a fair one or did Elgin do enough to squeak out a result?

8 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

From checking the BBC website it appears that Elgin had more possession and shots on goal. Stats are misleading at time I guess and the only one that counts is the score (or that’s what you’d say if your an EC fan).

Was the score a fair one or did Elgin do enough to squeak out a result?

Ed City were defending a narrow lead and to be fair Elgin passed up a few changes so a draw perhaps wouldn't have been unfair.

On the other hand we'd never won at Elgin so woo woo!

15 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Ed City were defending a narrow lead and to be fair Elgin passed up a few changes so a draw perhaps wouldn't have been unfair.

On the other hand we'd never won at Elgin so woo woo!

Great result for EC. Can’t knock an away win at BB and a clean sheet as well - impressive stuff.

Sounds like Elgin will be disappointed and they could have gotten something from Cove the week before. Now 6th ; could have been 4th.

Edinburgh were very stuffy and probably deserved their win against an Elgin side devoid of ideas and lacking physical and mental strength to make any impression. Shane once again held on to the ball far too long and failed to pull the trigger quickly when required. Perhaps a seat on the bench for the next game might get the message across but does our manager have the guts to do this? Brian Cameron did well considering his lay off but Elgin lacked fluency and their standard has dropped in the last 2 months. Only 8 points off bottom place and I don't fancy them to fight their way out if they drop any further. The one consolation is that most of the teams are the same and 1 or two wins could make a difference. I do not think we have any chance of making the play offs

Shane seems to have lost his way recently and is trying to do too much himself. The quicker he starts trusting his team mates and starts playing with them again, the quicker he’ll get back amongst the goals and all will be well again. Think he needs someone to point this out and give him a little support.