Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Tenkay

Elgin City vs Edinburgh City

Recommended Posts

Elgin host Edinburgh at Borough Briggs on Saturday in League game both teams will fancy their chances of winning.

Elgin have new signing Cameron Harper from ICT available to make his debut. Edinburgh might have new goalie Alan Martin in the squad.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We can't win at Borough Briggs so here's hoping for a draw and better weather than the last time I went up...

elg18.thumb.jpg.2ac4a34c09e97420e97f240feceb3ccc.jpg

The Elgin popular front.... splitter! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Depends on what team we’re able to put out. If we get a point we will have done well, although a point ain’t much use to us. Edinburgh are going well at the moment,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tenkay said:

Elgin host Edinburgh at Borough Briggs on Saturday in League game both teams will fancy their chances of winning.

Elgin have new signing Cameron Harper from ICT available to make his debut. Edinburgh might have new goalie Alan Martin in the squad.

 

Should be a cracking game at BB tomorrow. Two teams that playing attractive attacking football. 
 

Wouldn’t mind watching itself but I’ll be at Glebe Park.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

We can't win at Borough Briggs so here's hoping for a draw and better weather than the last time I went up...

elg18.thumb.jpg.2ac4a34c09e97420e97f240feceb3ccc.jpg

The Elgin popular front.... splitter! 

In contrast last time I was there (this season)...

C71A73CA-9FF3-4442-8085-89EE19B87B1F.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

My thoughts too. 

Honestly? Or that's what you hope for, more likely!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tenkay said:

Honestly? Or that's what you hope for, more likely!

Ok I’m hoping for that result but I think Elgin are a strong side (as of course are Edinburgh City)

Two good sides. Should be a great match.

Wouldn’t surprise me at all if Elgin win tomorrow. Would be a great away win for EC though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Elgin did look decent at Ainslie Park earlier, add to this the curse of the Manager of the Month Award which James has just won, not to mention the Player of the Month Award... :unsure2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From checking the BBC website it appears that Elgin had more possession and shots on goal. Stats are misleading at time I guess and the only one that counts is the score (or that’s what you’d say if your an EC fan).

Was the score a fair one or did Elgin do enough to squeak out a result?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

From checking the BBC website it appears that Elgin had more possession and shots on goal. Stats are misleading at time I guess and the only one that counts is the score (or that’s what you’d say if your an EC fan).

Was the score a fair one or did Elgin do enough to squeak out a result?

Ed City were defending a narrow lead and to be fair Elgin passed up a few changes so a draw perhaps wouldn't have been unfair.

On the other hand we'd never won at Elgin so woo woo!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Ed City were defending a narrow lead and to be fair Elgin passed up a few changes so a draw perhaps wouldn't have been unfair.

On the other hand we'd never won at Elgin so woo woo!

Great result for EC. Can’t knock an away win at BB and a clean sheet as well - impressive stuff.

Sounds like Elgin will be disappointed and they could have gotten something from Cove the week before. Now 6th ; could have been 4th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Edinburgh were very stuffy and probably deserved their win against an Elgin side devoid of ideas and lacking physical and mental strength to make any impression. Shane once again held on to the ball far too long and failed to pull the trigger quickly when required. Perhaps a seat on the bench for the next game might get the message across but does our manager have the guts to do this? Brian Cameron did well considering his lay off but Elgin lacked fluency and their standard has dropped in the last 2 months. Only 8 points off bottom place and I don't fancy them to fight their way out if they drop any further. The one consolation is that most of the teams are the same and 1 or two wins could make a difference. I do not think we have any chance of making the play offs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know the game finished a fair few hours ago but still half expecting a Shane Sutherland goal to flash up on my live score app. Absolutely loves a goal against us that chubby wee shite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shane seems to have lost his way recently and is trying to do too much himself. The quicker he starts trusting his team mates and starts playing with them again, the quicker he’ll get back amongst the goals and all will be well again. Think he needs someone to point this out and give him a little support.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

freefall at the mo and questions to be asked around direction of of the club. Extremely unhappy with our form after a great start to the season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...