Clydebank v Glenafton

WitsTheGoalieDain?

Guest Mr Happy

Hewitt will need to be more involved tomorrow, ( if picked), looking very much a passenger at the mo. Still needs a bit of time yet I feel.

2-2 ... 

Bankies better team up until Glenafton were awarded a pen and Black sent off on the hour. They scored another quickly and for 10 mins it was backs against the wall a wee bit but we didnt give up and Nicky levelled with some beautiful footwork. Could've won it from there but they also hit the bar. Point was least we deserved and seem to have turned a wee corner

Guest Mr Happy

I’ve got to say it [emoji58] I’m not convinced Hewitt is what we need, we need a striker that’s a striker. Today once again he was a passenger, he can’t run 🤭 there’s just nothing in his legs [emoji853]
On a positive note, the rest of the lads put in a good shift and were very unlucky not to get all three points.
I though we were the better team today [emoji173]️

I’ve got to say it [emoji58] I’m not convinced Hewitt is what we need, we need a striker that’s a striker. Today once again he was a passenger, he can’t run [emoji2960] there’s just nothing in his legs [emoji853]
On a positive note, the rest of the lads put in a good shift and were very unlucky not to get all three points.
I though we were the better team today [emoji173]️
Thought a draw was probably about right! 1st half was poor but 2nd half a lot better. Got to say the goals we conceded today were poor from Glens point of view but the boy Little can put them away! The clydebank player sent off for the hand ball / pen should have been off before that as he should have been booked for a foul on Kyle Mcausland and did get booked 5 mins later! Dan Orsi made a difference when he came on and took his goal well but we allowed the Bankies back into it and imo, a draw was a fair result!
Just a wee footnote on Gary Mcmenamin, should hang his head in shame after that embarrassing display of blatant cheating, rolling around holding his face as if he'd been assaulted by Dan. Glad the ref booked him, I'd have sent him off myself!! [emoji6]

Guest Mr Happy

Just a wee footnote on Gary Mcmenamin, should hang his head in shame after that embarrassing display of blatant cheating, rolling around holding his face as if he'd been assaulted by Dan. Glad the ref booked him, I'd have sent him off myself!! [emoji6]

Is this the incident down the far end at the corner flag? If so, I was on the same side of the park and couldn’t see what was going on. All I could see were both sets of players running in that direction [emoji53].

If Gary did as you say, then yes he is better than that.

Thought Your captain ( Craig) had a good game

5 hours ago, BANKIEBILL said:

2-2 ... 

Bankies better team up until Glenafton were awarded a pen and Black sent off on the hour. They scored another quickly and for 10 mins it was backs against the wall a wee bit but we didnt give up and Nicky levelled with some beautiful footwork. Could've won it from there but they also hit the bar. Point was least we deserved and seem to have turned a wee corner

Wish a had a pound fur every time yous hit the bar lol

Celtic song adapted!

yeh it’s great having them there, will be better once the enclosure is up as well. 

was a strange yet entertaining game. Thought we played well against a good football team. The penalty changed the game but it did look like the right call. 1-2 down you think it’s over but really after the equaliser we could well have won it. 

would’ve taken a draw to back last weeks win keeps the confidence levels up. Gary aside that was a really young backline with Matt 20 and Ben 17 so was great to see us do well defensively when needed today showed character. 

Edited by BTID

Aye they're good lads, need to teach them some proper Clydebank songs rather than the old firm pish though [emoji1787]

Thought the young drumming bankies were class today, singing from start to finish, nice to hae a wee bit of atmosphere,  slightly strange to hear a celtic song from them though lol 

3 hours ago, WitsTheGoalieDain? said:

Aye they're good lads, need to teach them some proper Clydebank songs rather than the old firm pish though emoji1787.png

Was saying to a bankie a was talking to first half, am sure celtic only signed bolingoli after the I wanna be edouard song came about, just so it could be what's the story bolingoli lol

1 minute ago, TheAftonArmyBear88 said:

Was saying to a bankie a was talking to first half, am sure celtic only signed bolingoli after the I wanna be edouard song came about, just so it could be what's the story bolingoli lol

Must be other forums for this chat

Pleased to see Bankies fight back and get the point they at least merited yesterday
Bankies were the better team first half and should have been ahead at half time
Second half much more even and thought we were down and out at 2-1 but smashing goal from Little to level and we could have nicked it when Lynass missed that one on one
No complaints about the penalty/ red card - also thought McMenamin was lucky not to walk - he’d start a fight in an empty house and really needs to rein it in at times
Some good performances yesterday - young lads Cameron and McLean were excellent at the back and Little was back to his best - also thought Hewitt up front was much better
Impressed as always with Craig Pettigrew for the visitors- top player

Good performance from the bankies battled hard and played some good football at times. Nickys 2nd goal reminded me of dennis bergkamp for holland v argentina world class goal. Chris black being sent off i didnt c where his arm was but if the refs gave it he had 2 go. Mcmenimin trying 2 get there man sent off was embarrassing hope moff nips that in the bud. Big matt and ben superb games at the back keeping good players on the bench aswell. Big hewitt done better that previous games big man just needs 2 get fitter. Least he had a shot today lol

Mon the papers