World War Three Watch

Ralstonite

4 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

Oh this is going to be good. We're going to see just how many Scottish football fans on an obscure message board are experts in Middle Eastern geopolitics and warfare.

3Lpq.gif

Then again if together we were able to offer advice that stopped the whole thing escalating then that would be praiseworthy.

IMO.

When I was exiting Waverley Market this afternoon the  background music was "99 Red Balloons" which I thought was a bit ominous- nothing like a song about accidental nuclear armageddon to cheer you up after Christmas...

mushroom.jpg.9c5034c371186f31e9e04f31c75bb5c9.jpg

3 hours ago, Fullerene said:

Hang on a minute.  You do know that they tend to cancel the league season during times of war and even if they don't then crowd numbers will probably go down.

Not sure you have really thought this through.

War usually breaks out when Cowdenbeath get promoted. 

Edinburgh City beat Cowdenbeath 2-0 before Christmas. 

Noble Peace Prize for City, thanks. 

4 hours ago, Fullerene said:

Hang on a minute.  You do know that they tend to cancel the league season during times of war and even if they don't then crowd numbers will probably go down.

Not sure you have really thought this through.

I'm a pars fan mate probably will stop us from getting relegated.

13 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Give it time. You weren't safe until you were 42 by the end of the Second World War, presumably because that's the answer to life, the universe, and everything.

Even then, you still had to do some kind of national service if you were younger than 60. I understand they just shot the pensioners and make them into pies to beat rationing.

I'm sure you'll be delicious, @Granny Danger.

Edit: I've just realised that I'm too old for active duty, even at times of extreme national crisis. At this rate I might have to give up any hope of playing for Scotland  :(

Brings a whole new meaning to eating something that disagrees with you.

45 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Why is the generals funeral taking place in Iraq. I appreciate under Muslim tradition burial must take place within 24hrs but surely plenty time to take him home

Strangest thing to emerge from the news feeds was that the General was only identified by his RING.  Now that must have been some tattoo he had  😧