Montrose V East Fife

I am not sure SP’s substitutions were correct today. Ross Campbell looked heavy legged and that was just jogging onto park. Would have given Struthers a run at the East Fife defence personally
For me Campbell did alright didn't think he looked heavy legged at all to be honest ran his heart out like usual.For me he is the only striker that gives us a physical presence up top,rennie to light weight for me.

Not the best Mo or East Fife performance, except the Mo defence was excellent.

Ref., was crap.

Was surprised at the many mistakes the Fife especially made.

There were a substantial amount of the Fife fans made the journey up, and the ones I talked with were good crack.

Well done to the Fife fans

Edited by Angus of the Mo
Want to add extra comment

Last week against Raith we improved  with the introduction of pat Slattery. This week he does not make the team and he  is definitely is our best left back. Why does Anton Dowds get sent to stand beside the supporters on the far side in the second half.That tactics been tried before and failed. Everybody in the football ground knows he's not a winger apart from perhaps two people. 

Dowds was East Fife’s best player in the first half by some distance. He then gets moved to left wing in the second half, where he has less opportunity to impact the game? Anton is the most dangerous player when the game enters its final 20 min period and he was taken off. Was he injured?

Wallace was poor today and not fit. He needs to pass the ball quicker. He moans too much to his teammates even when he causes the mistake or error. Wallace was moaning yesterday about the gaps between forwards and midfield players. He did have a point with this as the midfield did not support the front 2, especially in the first half. They did not push up and support in the first half. 

Midfield were poor and there were a number of mistakes and misplaced passes. Too many long balls. Balls need to be played wide and to feet a lot quicker. Montrose did this better than us. Agnew needs to mix up his corners. He chips the ball in and this is easy meat to defenders. Play the ball in at head height and with pace. If Agnew cannot do this then someone else needs to take the corners. This is becoming embarrassing. Hunter needs to step up and apply pressure to Davidson and Agnew. And push them for a first team Jersey. They are in a comfort zone and currently have no competition for their place. 

Wide players need to push their counterpart back up the park. Dunsmore did this to a certain degree  in the second half. Church did not and is too passive and does neither attack or defend.  Slattery needs to return, Church has now been given ample opportunities and has not taken them, so far. 

Another mistake at the back cost us a goal and the game. Sometimes the defence needs to be more brutal and empty the ball rather than trying to pass it out (we are not Man City).  Long was decent yesterday and kept us in the game for long periods. 

The manager has been altering the formation of the team during the game on numerous occasions over the past few games. Nothing wrong with this but, when this is constant it becomes worrying and players become confused. Darren Young success in the past has been built on his team dictating the style and not having to react or change to the other teams. We were 1-0 down yesterday and went backwards in the second half. 

Montrose looked a lot sharper? Does anyone know if East Fife managed to train properly over the festive period or were numbers reduced like last years xmas period? Not great if this is the case?

3 minutes ago, Simon from St Andrews said:

Montrose looked a lot sharper? Does anyone know if East Fife managed to train properly over the festive period or were numbers reduced like last years xmas period? Not great if this is the case?

No, I don’t think the Mo were sharper, and we made some stupid mistakes, but not as many as the Fife, it was largely a scrappy game, with moments of flare from both teams. Our defence was excellent, but the Fife generally dominated, it could have gone either way.

20 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

No screenshots of the BBC stats. Last week really has devastated King Kebab.

Certainly hasn’t, but I’m currently in the US and didn’t see the game and I tend to make it a rule of thumb not to comment on EF games that I’m not present at, but as it has obviously become one of your highlights of the weekend, enough so that you feel the need to comment at it’s omission, here you go;

EF4B2EE8-2A40-46A9-BF5A-9A26F753430A.jpeg
ETA: @++Ammo - Airdrie++ don’t worry mate, I’ll make sure there’s one up for you as well next week!!!😉

Edited by King Kebab

8 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Certainly hasn’t, but I’m currently in the US and didn’t see the game and I tend to make it a rule of thumb not to comment on EF games that I’m not present at, but as it has obviously become one of your highlights of the weekend, enough so that you feel the need to comment at it’s omission, here you go;

EF4B2EE8-2A40-46A9-BF5A-9A26F753430A.jpeg
ETA: @++Ammo - Airdrie++ don’t worry mate, I’ll make sure there’s one up for you as well next week!!!😉

Damn it, my mate in Homeland Security promised not to let you in! No EFTV for you?

Dowds was East Fife’s best player in the first half by some distance. He then gets moved to left wing in the second half, where he has less opportunity to impact the game? Anton is the most dangerous player when the game enters its final 20 min period and he was taken off. Was he injured?
Wallace was poor today and not fit. He needs to pass the ball quicker. He moans too much to his teammates even when he causes the mistake or error. Wallace was moaning yesterday about the gaps between forwards and midfield players. He did have a point with this as the midfield did not support the front 2, especially in the first half. They did not push up and support in the first half. 
Midfield were poor and there were a number of mistakes and misplaced passes. Too many long balls. Balls need to be played wide and to feet a lot quicker. Montrose did this better than us. Agnew needs to mix up his corners. He chips the ball in and this is easy meat to defenders. Play the ball in at head height and with pace. If Agnew cannot do this then someone else needs to take the corners. This is becoming embarrassing. Hunter needs to step up and apply pressure to Davidson and Agnew. And push them for a first team Jersey. They are in a comfort zone and currently have no competition for their place. 
Wide players need to push their counterpart back up the park. Dunsmore did this to a certain degree  in the second half. Church did not and is too passive and does neither attack or defend.  Slattery needs to return, Church has now been given ample opportunities and has not taken them, so far. 
Another mistake at the back cost us a goal and the game. Sometimes the defence needs to be more brutal and empty the ball rather than trying to pass it out (we are not Man City).  Long was decent yesterday and kept us in the game for long periods. 
The manager has been altering the formation of the team during the game on numerous occasions over the past few games. Nothing wrong with this but, when this is constant it becomes worrying and players become confused. Darren Young success in the past has been built on his team dictating the style and not having to react or change to the other teams. We were 1-0 down yesterday and went backwards in the second half. 
Dont think either side managed to get much training done over the festive period