ICTChris

Ethical veganism protected by law

25 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I am pretty sure that you're wrong here.

Money can buy you a lot of influence.....

3 minutes ago, sjc said:

Money can buy you a lot of influence.....

Of course.  There is not a Celtic top's chance in a washing machine of you ever explaining what you meant by, "wealthy financial elite that used those cuddly Swedes to trade their wares with Germany and the Central powers during WW1"

Just now, The_Kincardine said:

Of course.  There is not a Celtic top's chance in a washing machine of you ever explaining what you meant by, "wealthy financial elite that used those cuddly Swedes to trade their wares with Germany and the Central powers during WW1"

61fdCuk03WL._AC_SY400_ML2_.jpg.581274e62f33c35942b2ab3b8fa32677.jpg

It's explained far clearer than I ever could in here.

3 minutes ago, sjc said:

It's explained far clearer than I ever could in here.

Aye, that comes as no surprise.

Just now, The_Kincardine said:

Aye, that comes as no surprise.

I'm actually surprised that an oracle of knowledge didn't already know about this.

I guess your intellect isn't as far reaching as you'd like us all to believe, then again, some of us don't always assume, or even contend that we're the smartest person in the room.....

25 minutes ago, sjc said:

I'm actually surprised that an oracle of knowledge didn't already know about this.

I guess your intellect isn't as far reaching as you'd like us all to believe, then again, some of us don't always assume, or even contend that we're the smartest person in the room.....

I'm already on record in stating that WW1 was an utter clusterfuck and a war that Britain needn't have got involved in.  I'm also on record as stating that the only people who emerged with credit were Hearts and The Americans.

BUT if you post some shite with the tiitle, "Prolonging the Agony: How the Anglo-American Establishment Deliberately Extended WWI by Three-And-A-Half Years" and expect to be taken seriously then I know you are the diddiest of the diddies - and that takes some doing.

52 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

7 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I'm already on record in stating that WW1 was an utter clusterfuck and a war that Britain needn't have got involved in.  I'm also on record as stating that the only people who emerged with credit were Hearts and The Americans.

BUT if you post some shite with the tiitle, "Prolonging the Agony: How the Anglo-American Establishment Deliberately Extended WWI by Three-And-A-Half Years" and expect to be taken seriously then I know you are the diddiest of the diddies - and that takes some doing.

The state of this pish in a thread about Veganism 😂

17 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I'd suggest you read the book before sounding off about it. This one too:

1182640046_images(12).jpeg.71b8b45c28c68a6b321b41aa3803a892.jpeg

Unless you're suggesting the heavily referenced Professor Carroll Quigley shouldn't be taken seriously also?

1 hour ago, Day of the Lords said:

The state of this pish in a thread about Veganism 😂

You'd have thought I diverted the thread...

54 minutes ago, aaa said:

Made me think of this.

Worst job - worked in a slaughterhouse in Guildford when I was a teenager. I was given a sledgehammer and told to crack the cow's skulls with it. When I asked about bolt guns they laughed and said they didn't have anything so modern. All morning I killed cows. If you didn't swing the sledgehammer hard enough, the cow went fuckin' nuts and tried to break the crush. Hit the thing too hard and the sledgehammer smashed the skull and you got covered in brains. By lunchtime I was knackered, but when I got to the canteen everybody stood up and applauded. Turned out they were having a laugh with the new guy and I could have been using a bolt gun. I walked out and never went back. Didn't even ask for wages.

31 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Made me think of this.

Worst job - worked in a slaughterhouse in Guildford when I was a teenager. I was given a sledgehammer and told to crack the cow's skulls with it. When I asked about bolt guns they laughed and said they didn't have anything so modern. All morning I killed cows. If you didn't swing the sledgehammer hard enough, the cow went fuckin' nuts and tried to break the crush. Hit the thing too hard and the sledgehammer smashed the skull and you got covered in brains. By lunchtime I was knackered, but when I got to the canteen everybody stood up and applauded. Turned out they were having a laugh with the new guy and I could have been using a bolt gun. I walked out and never went back. Didn't even ask for wages.

That's why they had to put in cctv  in slaughterhouses in England, not sure if they have to in Scotland.

I worked on a poultry farm for a short time and it used to make me feel sick the way the birds were treated , from live day old chicks being put in a grinder to the old ones being rammed into transport boxes, their wings and legs being broken in the process.

23 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

The boys obviously an attention-seeking melt, however the apoplectic states fat gammons get into over vegans makes for terrific viewing tbh.

Which begs the question.

Whats the vegan equivalent of a fat gammon ? 

Also a bit ironic that vegans will probably still taste like chicken 

Edited by Unleash The Nade

1 minute ago, Unleash The Nade said:

Which begs the question.

Whats the vegan equivalent of a fat gammon ? 

A pumpkin?

1 hour ago, aaa said:

That's why they had to put in cctv  in slaughterhouses in England, not sure if they have to in Scotland.

I worked on a poultry farm for a short time and it used to make me feel sick the way the birds were treated , from live day old chicks being put in a grinder to the old ones being rammed into transport boxes, their wings and legs being broken in the process.

Apparently it's far worse in the US. Employees are barred from blowing the whistle on the practice also, according to Joe Rogan. Hence why the only meat he now eats is what he hunts himself.

Edited by sjc

1 minute ago, Unleash The Nade said:

Nah

Thats what American hillbillies do 

Doesn't necessarily rule out fat vegans....

12 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

TBF they weren't in it long enough to build up a bad reputation

3 hours ago, aaa said:

Don't think so - there's a shop near me selling animal-friendly stuff. They have a poster in the window calling for just this.

3 hours ago, aaa said:

Poultry farms are pretty bad as you say and standards for free range poultry aren't exactly great either.

The hens themselves are pretty much bred to lay as much as possible and even if they're rescued by one of the various organisations that rehome them once the usual 18 months is up they often develop health problems associated with the amount of strain that's put on their bodies from laying so much. None of our girls lived for much longer than a few years despite the fact they were well looked after. If I were going to adopt more I'd probably get them an implant to stop them from laying. At least then they might get to enjoy life for a bit longer.