St Mirren v Broxburn Athletic 18-01-2020

Lex

12 minutes ago, thomas said:

Had someone behind me wanting Obika off for Cooke in the 15th minute🤪 whilst I do stick up for Cooke and believe he can offer something he should never come on for our top scorer 15 into a game.

2 hours ago, Biscuits said:

Fuckin brutal. Absolutely no creativity. Still not convinced that obika is actually a football player. Get Cody on

This guy probably :lol:

Shame a couple of late goals put a damper on the scoreline but fantastic effort from Broxburn to keep it 0-0 until almost the hour mark.

Today was their 6th round in this season's cup.

1 hour ago, Romeo said:

Weren't Broxburn a junior team last season?

Their last season in the Juniors was 2017-18. They won EOS Conference C last season, finished last in the round-robin, and are currently 6th in EOS Premier Division.

Over the last 3 years some 28 clubs have left the Juniors to join the East of Scotland League.

Attack v Defence for most of the match, to be expected I suppose. I don't know what Saints fans will make of this display in the bigger picture though. 

Huge credit to Broxburn for a dogged, ugly, resolute display. Fitness and a class edge told in the end. 

Also massive respect to Jim Goodwin coming over to applaud the away support at full time. 

The pitch invader and anyone responsible for the stupid pyro stuff need to have a look at themselves. Probably a mixture of an empty head and cheap cider. 

1 hour ago, BukyOHare said:

Attack v Defence for most of the match, to be expected I suppose. I don't know what Saints fans will make of this display in the bigger picture though. 

Huge credit to Broxburn for a dogged, ugly, resolute display. Fitness and a class edge told in the end. 

Also massive respect to Jim Goodwin coming over to applaud the away support at full time. 

The pitch invader and anyone responsible for the stupid pyro stuff need to have a look at themselves. Probably a mixture of an empty head and cheap cider. 

I expect Broxburn will get loads of platitudes for keeping the goal tally down for so long, but really that would just be patronising shite.

Broxburn were (except for the keeper) horrendously hopeless, by miles the poorest opposition I have ever seen playing at Greenhill Road. In the first half in particular, every time the ball broke to one of their players he hoofed it away. Absolutely zero skill and no attempt whatsoever to play proper football. Do any of them know what making a pass involves ? I can barely remember a St Mirren player having to make a tackle to win the ball.

Special mention to the pitch invader. Even pished he was Broxburn's second best player.

10 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I expect Broxburn will get loads of platitudes for keeping the goal tally down for so long, but really that would just be patronising shite.

Broxburn were (except for the keeper) horrendously hopeless, by miles the poorest opposition I have ever seen playing at Greenhill Road. In the first half in particular, every time the ball broke to one of their players he hoofed it away. Absolutely zero skill and no attempt whatsoever to play proper football. Do any of them know what making a pass involves ? I can barely remember a St Mirren player having to make a tackle to win the ball.

Special mention to the pitch invader. Even pished he was Broxburn's second best player.

They came with a Gameplan and agree it wasn't pretty. 

Their main attacking threats, Miller, Ross and Binnie all started on the bench, so it was always a containment exercise. 

Having beaten a Highland League and League 2 side after 2 games, they are better in an attacking sense than what was on show today. 

Surely St Mirren fans going to watch their team at Ibrox, Parkhead or Pittodrie can appreciate the defensive mindset of the East of Scotland team, five leagues apart from the SPL team. 

I thought your boys competed admirably. Deserve nothing but praise

They came with a Gameplan and agree it wasn't pretty. 
Their main attacking threats, Miller, Ross and Binnie all started on the bench, so it was always a containment exercise. 
Having beaten a Highland League and League 2 side after 2 games, they are better in an attacking sense than what was on show today. 
Surely St Mirren fans going to watch their team at Ibrox, Parkhead or Pittodrie can appreciate the defensive mindset of the East of Scotland team, five leagues apart from the SPL team. 

12 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

Despicable stuff from the rent a crowd Mob supposedly supporting the Junior club. Wrecking seats and launching bottles on to the pitch. The cretins responsible spent most of the game singing about us going down with Hearts. 

BF6C5002-D6FF-4261-BBDC-EB712F04A3D2.png

Except their no juniors,its a dying brand in the east of Scotland.

But yeah nae need tae smash up the stand,too much of the hard stuff me thinks.

16 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

That is just bollocks, he had nothing to do defensively.

He wasn't asked to do anything defensively, though. Instead he was playing as an attacking full back and saw more of the ball in the first half than any other player on the park and he certainly didn't impress with the ball at his feet.

The Broxburn fans getting loads of praise deserve none of it bunch of arseholes damaging the seats in the away end plus several incidents outside the ground.

As a Boness United fan I have been to loads of games v Broxburn. Their usual supporters are a credit to the game. Obviously a big game like yesterday brings out the erseholes who attach themselves to the travelling support for a drunken away day.

1 hour ago, Hendo said:

Why did some of the Broxburn fans boo Obika when he touched the ball? Nothing happened in the game to merit it and there clearly isn't anything historical between him and Broxburn.

I wondered that too! I wasnt sure if it was him or the police at the time as they where moving around at that point but then they booed some other players, if they where near, so I never gave it another thought. 

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/a-grand-day-out-and-broxburn-athletic-do-their-town-proud-1-5077233

This is the best report of the game so far. Pretty sums it up for every Broxburn fan. Back to the day jobs for them on Monday and every supporter is proud of our team. It's funny how some people can't see pass the negatives. Every time we've played it's always complaints. Happy to take our money for tickets and pies though

17 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Wow....horrendous post.  They are leagues below you and held you for 60 minutes 🤣

48 minutes ago, albynpark said:

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/a-grand-day-out-and-broxburn-athletic-do-their-town-proud-1-5077233

This is the best report of the game so far. Pretty sums it up for every Broxburn fan. Back to the day jobs for them on Monday and every supporter is proud of our team. It's funny how some people can't see pass the negatives. Every time we've played it's always complaints. Happy to take our money for tickets and pies though

maybe the fact that there are complaints every time you play should tell you something?or has everbody got it in for broxburn.i noticed 1 young fan,14 or 15,coming off a mini bus who was unable to walk and being helped towards the ground by adults.is this the norm at your away games?