St Mirren v Broxburn Athletic 18-01-2020

Lex

Well given we are now on a winter break from league duty, this is our next competitive game.

Any Broxburn Athletic fans on here? I’ll be honest I’d never even heard of this football club before the draw was made. Remarkably though they’ve sold around 1500 away tickets already, expect they will sell out the north stand before KO, cracking effort.

Am I right in saying they play at a similar level to Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale? We were drawn away to them in this competition a couple of years ago... and were 7-0 up by half time.

Surely it won’t be that easy again. Expect we will have a raft of new signings making their debut here and we may be a bit rusty after a few weeks off. However, it goes without saying that anything that isn’t straight progression to the next round is unthinkable.

4 minutes ago, Lex said:

Well given we are now on a winter break from league duty, this is our next competitive game.

Any Broxburn Athletic fans on here? I’ll be honest I’d never even heard of this football club before the draw was made. Remarkably though they’ve sold around 1500 away tickets already, expect they will sell out the north stand before KO, cracking effort.

Am I right in saying they play at a similar level to Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale? We were drawn away to them in this competition a couple of years ago... and were 7-0 up by half time.

Surely it won’t be that easy again. Expect we will have a raft of new signings making their debut here and we may be a bit rusty after a few weeks off. However, it goes without saying that anything that isn’t straight progression to the next round is unthinkable.

Same division that LTHV were in at the time but a higher standard of club as they were one of the ex-juniors that moved from the East juniors to East Of Scotland league & won their conference last season.

• 2 weeks later...
Great effort.  Something clubs like St Johnstone, Hamilton and Livi could only dream of. 

Should be a decent atmosphere. 

I am sure St Johnstone, Hamilton and Livi have all sold more than 1600 tickets for the biggest games in their history.

Chuffed that they've sold such a huge allocation.

If Broxburn were playing anyone else other than us I'd be fully rooting for them. It's a given that everyone else in Scottish football will be and rightly so.

Can only say in all honesty and without meaning to be condescending (even though it's hard to say it without sounding so), that I hope they enjoy their day on Saturday. 

I'm looking forward to this Saturday. The big support will be loud and make a great atmosphere. I just hope the team is in the game long enough so we can get the fans singing  into full swing. Then we'll score in the 86th minute,

1-0 to the Brox!

Crowd 5560.

Crowd at 90 minutes 1600.

In all honesty a low score, a St.mirren pie and a programme will do me 😂.

It's being described as the biggest game in Broxburn's history so understandable for them to bring more fans than provincial Premiership teams would for a run-of-the-mill league game... Nonetheless a terrific advert for the clubs which have joined the pyramid and what non-league clubs can bring to the tournament. Penicuik took 1,400 to Partick and now Broxburn taking 1,600.

I'm looking forward to this Saturday. The big support will be loud and make a great atmosphere. I just hope the team is in the game long enough so we can get the fans singing  into full swing. Then we'll score in the 86th minute,
1-0 to the Brox!
Crowd 5560.
Crowd at 90 minutes 1600.

In all honesty a low score, a St.mirren pie and a programme will do me [emoji23].
Don't forget the free beans with your pie[emoji106]

First time tiers 1 & 6 have met in the cup, and first time 5 tiers difference in opponents.

Tiers 1 & 5 met in 2015-16 (EK 0-2 Celtic), 2016-17 (Partick 4-0 Formartine) and 2017-18 (Fraserburgh 0-3 Rangers and Kilmarnock 4-0 Brora).

Tiers 2 & 6 met in 2017-18 (LTHV 1-7 St Mirren) and this season (Partick 1-0 Penicuik).

Tiers 3 & 7 have never met.

17 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

First time tiers 1 & 6 have met in the cup, and first time 5 tiers difference in opponents.

Tiers 1 & 5 met in 2015-16 (EK 0-2 Celtic), 2016-17 (Partick 4-0 Formartine) and 2017-18 (Fraserburgh 0-3 Rangers and Kilmarnock 4-0 Brora).

Tiers 2 & 6 met in 2017-18 (LTHV 1-7 St Mirren) and this season (Partick 1-0 Penicuik).

Tiers 3 & 7 have never met.

What were Glasgow Uni when we horsed them 15-0 in 1960? (Genuine question, btw).

9 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

What were Glasgow Uni when we horsed them 15-0 in 1960? (Genuine question, btw).

Nothing. There was no pyramid then.

However for some context - they were in a local amateur league... and despite first entering in 1882-83 they didn't actually win a Scottish Cup tie until 1968-69.

Nothing. There was no pyramid then.

However for some context - they were in a local amateur league... and despite first entering in 1882-83 they didn't actually win a Scottish Cup tie until 1968-69.

This is the kind of content PNB needs more of.

Anyway, this is the kinda game we need to get all the new signings their starting debut in. Something like:

Hladky

McCarthy-Broadfoot [emoji767]- Famewo

Flynn-MacPherson-Foley-McGrath-Morais

Obika-Cooke

Bawsoot.