Worst Moment of the Last Decade, Following your Club

For us, the relegation season under Gus was pretty Hellish, but represented more of an inexorable slide than a moment.

Losing to Falkirk at home in the Scottish Cup Quarter Final was a bad one.  That was a bloody good Queens side and the competition opened up after we'd beaten the holders.  I don't see us having another chance that good to get to Hampden again, anytime soon.

Still with the Cup, losing at Albion Rovers when a home tie with Celtic awaited, was also very grim. 

Edited by Monkey Tennis

47 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Stolen shamelessly from the Premiership board, and a follow up to the Best Moment thread.

For the avoidance of doubt let's assume the decade started ten years and one day ago, ending on Tuesday there.

And for further clarity, are we allowed a historical perspective or how it felt at the time? ie the Thistle fan claiming appointing Caldwell was the worst moment. He is entitled to think that now but it probably wasnt an especially negative moment at the time.

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

And for further clarity, are we allowed a historical perspective or how it felt at the time? ie the Thistle fan claiming appointing Caldwell was the worst moment. He is entitled to think that now but it probably wasnt an especially negative moment at the time.

Good question.

I'm saying no.  The 'moment' idea must involve how it felt in that moment.  Retrospective analysis is not permitted.

22 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

For us, the relegation season under Gus was pretty Hellish, but represented more of an inexorable slide than a moment.

Losing to Falkirk at home in the Scottish Cup Quarter Final was a bad one.  That was a bloody good Queens side and the competition opened up after we'd beaten the holders.  I don't see us having another chance that good to get to Hampden again.

Still with the Cup, losing at Albion Rovers when a home tie with Celtic awaited, was also very grim. 

With the benefit of hindsight the relegation did us a lot of good. It allowed AJ a relative free run to tinker with the squad and gain a winning mentality. 

Agreed about the other two. Personally I was far more disappointed about the Falkirk loss than the Rovers one, though the latter was a bigger car crash as we shouldnt have been losing it. Falkirk were our equals though and it was a coin flip of a game ruined by wind. Never the less Hampden was in reach and losing the game was crushing. As much as it cost us cash I wasnt massively looking forward to a ticketed televised home tie with Celtic.

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

With the benefit of hindsight the relegation did us a lot of good. It allowed AJ a relative free run to tinker with the squad and gain a winning mentality. 

Already you're brazenly breaking the law you helped establish.

Where to begin? Giving up a massive lead to lose out on promotion, going into our 2nd admin, any one of a whole host of derby pumpings, and whatever the f**k last season was.

Admin 2 was bad but also gave way to a memorable season (for the good). Last season, there was nothing to be happy about. Even though I was resigned to it fate beforehand, I'll go with the relegation-sealing loss to Hamilton. 10 losses in a row under the agent, against the one team we'd proved better than h2h, and no shock from anyone.

Thank f**k we're leaving the 2010's behind

At the time, the worst I’ve felt at a game was the 2-1 v Dundee in the relegation season. 2 goals in the last few minutes to lose. Last minute goals against us have been a recurring theme for the last decade, but this was the first time it really hit home for me that we were probably going down.

That whole season was shite though. Watching Martin Woods, Adam Barton, Miles fucking Storey and Danny Devine on a regular basis, amongst various other chancers. Harrowing.

3. The Killie Semi Final. Complete anti-climax for me. No chances at goal, terrible atmosphere and we got beat.

2. Auchinleck. No explanation required.

1. Alloa away second last game of the season. Although it turned out ok, the feeling after that game was horrible.