Your worst moment last decade following your club

34 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Fucking hell. :lol:

Really does show how successfully I've wiped that from my mind.

I'd still say getting relegated on penalties was worse.

Losing any cup final, let alone to your rivals and by that margin, is obviously horrendous, but in the aftermath you're left with runners up medals and no bragging rights.

Relegation was a much worse 'prize' by comparison.

I would agree, I more noticed you'd mentioned the Ross County final and conveniently left out another...

Some good reads so far in this thread.

Its been a brilliant decade for Celtic and not one massively sticks out but Inverness CT comes to my mind twice.

The famous hand ball in the Scottish cup semi final being one and fucking up the league away at them (although it did provide P&B with that Lennon kicking the water bottle gif).

Losing in Stoppage time to Hearts in the 2012  Scottish cup semi final was a sore one as we had a penalty shout for much the same shout as the one they scored at the death only minutes earlier.

There are quite a few examples of us not turning up at Hampden under Lennon the more I think about it. Losing to Kilmarnock in the league cup final and seeing him storm on to the pitch to confront the ref was embarrassing. As much as we could have had a penalty, he fucked up the team selection by Starting Hooper who hadn't played for months over an in form Stokes.

Bizarrely as bad as we were in all those Hampden games mentioned we played far worse at Hampden last time and won.

Ps I am aware I have mentioned dodgy refereeing in a few of my Examples. Always cheated 😭

Edited by gannonball

4 minutes ago, Darren said:

On the field, being papped out of Europe by the Maltese mob.

Not being 2-0 up at home to Hibs and ten minutes away from condemning us to 115 years without the Scottish, only for us to pull off an unlikely comeback, win the replay and then go on and win the cup?

And all the while, you had to watch it all unfold like a car crash in slow motion? image.png.85487fb42e0066f9cd05348a1dd93e5b.png.02628ce9f36fef48e7df0da4ee896c9e.png

Just now, HibsFan said:

Not being 2-0 up at home to Hibs and ten minutes away from condemning us to 115 years without the Scottish, only for us to pull off an unlikely comeback, win the replay and then go on and win the cup?

And all the while, you had to watch it all unfold like a car crash in slow motion? image.png.85487fb42e0066f9cd05348a1dd93e5b.png.02628ce9f36fef48e7df0da4ee896c9e.png

No being skull-fucked by Malmo for you?

15 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Losing in Stoppage time to Hearts in the 2012  Scottish cup semi final was a sore one as we had a penalty shout for much the same shout as the one they scored at the death only minutes earlier.

It always seems to be forgotten that Hooper's equaliser was a good yard offside.

4 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

It always seems to be forgotten that Hooper's equaliser was a good yard offside.

Strangely I was just reading up a match report there and saw that, I genuinely   cant remember that!

Also the other mention of not getting a penalty in the Kilmarnock game was also a bit of push as Stokes was looking for it. Tbh after the match most fans were more fucked off with Lennon rather than the ref.

Edited by gannonball

Dropping into the playoffs is by far the worst thing to happen this decade. Obviously it was great after that but the realisation we were in real danger of being relegated was horrid.

Then there is a few individual shite results that have already been mentioned.

Getting knocked out of Europe by Alashkert was a stinker. That might be my top choice, I was really hoping to go abroad in the next round. To be knocked out by that shower of shite was vile.

Motherwell 3-0 in the Scottish Cup semi was pish although I got steaming so I have a vague recollection of the day and it has somewhat softened the blow.

Aberdeen 4-0 in the League Cup semi was a sore one as well although we made up for that later in the season of course.

Its been a brilliant decade for Celtic and not one massively sticks out but Inverness CT comes to my mind twice.
The famous hand ball in the Scottish cup semi final being one and fucking up the league away at them (although it did provide P&B with that Lennon kicking the water bottle gif).

There are quite a few examples of us not turning up at Hampden under Lennon the more I think about it. Losing to Kilmarnock in the league cup final and seeing him storm on to the pitch to confront the ref was embarrassing. As much as we could have had a penalty, he fucked up the team selection by Starting Hooper who hadn't played for months over an in form Stokes.
Bizarrely as bad as we were in all those Hampden games mentioned we played far worse at Hampden last time and won.
Ps I am aware I have mentioned dodgy refereeing in a few of my Examples. Always cheated [emoji24]

Losing to the galaticos of Lincoln Red Imps in Rodgers first game in charge had to be up there surely

15 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Not really. In my memory, we played okay, but just didn't take enough of our chances. I think when the full time whistle went we nearly all assumed we'd just go to ER and win as per usual. The completely and utterly gutless no-show  in the replay was a low point, though - as was the repeat scenario the year after. Going out to Hibs certainly rankled, but can honestly say Hibs going on to actually winning the cup sat fine with me.

(I appreciate this won't be believed and most will assume I was sectioned on 17th May)

1 hour ago, HibsFan said:

Being relegated on penalties against Hamilton Accies takes some beating

I'm trying to work out whether, if we'd lost that shoot-out to Dundee Utd last season, that would have been worse than 2010 for us. I actually think it might have been, despite the shitebaggery we displayed against the old Rangers that time. As you say, a cup loss (sort of) disappears; Saints fans like to pretend it didn't happen at all. But there's no erasing relegation from your mind.

8 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:
49 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Ps I am aware I have mentioned dodgy refereeing in a few of my Examples. Always cheated emoji24.png

Losing to the galaticos of Lincoln Red Imps in Rodgers first game in charge had to be up there surely

Not at all tbh, was embarrassing but because its a two leg tie, its like being embarrassed at losing at half time then winning relatively comfortably. Doesnt really mean much in the end.

I also wasn't even tempted To put in the absolute pumpings by Barca away and PSG at home and away. The wage gap is about 150  million so some times you just have to put your hands up and learn from it (Although Rodgers did not). Strangely I didn't even think we played that bad against PSG at home when we got cuffed 5-0.

Edited by gannonball

The 2010 Scottish Cup Final was such a damp squib after all the heroics getting there. Dundee Utd were obviously a far stronger team than us, but we didn't lay a glove on them that day.

Being scudded at home by ICT on the day of the League Cup trophy parade stung a bit as well.

Despite relegation going down to the last day in 2017, it had been on the cards for the entire season,so that one didn't hurt as much as it might have.

1 hour ago, ali_91 said:

Motherwell 3-0 St Johnstone in the Scottish cup semi final by a distance for me. 

Horrific performance, no redeeming features to the day whatsoever, and it felt at that time we’d never make it past that stage of the cup having now lost 3 Scottish Cup semis in 5 years, and I think 2 league cup semis on top of that. 

The Aberdeen and Hibs semi finals were shite, but at least they were in Edinburgh, at a packed stadium, and had a bit of a buzz about them pre match. And it wasn’t the big cup, so the carrot of European football wasn’t lost. 

Honourable mentions to Minsk and Alashkert, two horrific teams, especially Minsk, who we should have knocked out at a canter.

The 3-0 game was a downer for Motherwell fans too, all the build up and then finished by half time, no tension, no finger nail biting.  I also had the issue that I had bizarrely booked a holiday to Crete meaning I would be missing the final.

Off field, prob Massone's legacy leaving us in a complete mess after asset stripping us, ending in admin. Livi 5 rescuing us only to be dumped from the 1st div down to the 3rd at the start of their tenure was all part of Massone's legacy too. Horrendous time for Livi and our fans.

On field it has to be losing 5-2 to Stranraer in the 1st leg of the Championship/League One play offs, leading to our relegation. Turned out to be a blessing in disguise, with us having Hoppy leading us to back to back promotions up into the Premiership, but at the time it was a real low point.

The obvious one from a Motherwell point of view is ending up in the play-offs. I hadn't seen Rangers play at all that season but the way they were talked up meant I was pretty much resigned to us being relegated. Obviously we weren't but thinking we were was bloody depressing.

Other mentions go to all cup finals that we reached. To get to 3 finals over the decade and for them to all be against Celtic is bad enough but for us to fail to turn up in any of them is the worst bit. Every single game was a routine win for Celtic where we didn't even manage to score a goal.

3 hours ago, HibsFan said:

Being relegated on penalties against Hamilton Accies takes some beating, particularly having held a relegation party at Tynecastle a month and a half earlier.

In terms of moments that hurt the most, losing to Falkirk in the 2015 Scottish semi final and Ross County in the 2016 LC final are right up there because of the context.

Genuinely thought we were cursed and destined to never win anything ever again.

TBF, the boucebackability of the Hibs bois is decent.

Being the star-turn at a party thrown for someone else is more than I could've taken if I was a Hibby.

2 hours ago, gannonball said:

Ps I am aware I have mentioned dodgy refereeing in a few of my Examples. Always cheated 😭

To be fair, your 'equaliser' was off-side.