January Transfer Rumours

13 minutes ago, Dele said:

Could use some of the £6m (stop laughing) you get for Shankland to sign him. 

And pay his English championship wages as well! 

8 minutes ago, stewartyftd1 said:

Was he in and out at the start of the season? Seems strange that would come out if he is playing so well.

Last season and 2017 he wasn't very well thought of going by what I've read. 

Transfer windows are always a frustrating time but the rumours don't actually bother me. It is the Facebook threads of people posting Wikipedia screenshots, as if they have just carried out a comprehensive period of scouting, before then announcing with complete confidence that a player they do not know - "doesn't seem up to much". 

8 minutes ago, rhumbaclub said:

Yeah and try and get you wages to turnover ratio a bit higher, 133% is a bit on the low side.

Whilst our wage turnover will still be very, very high the figure of 133% is based on last year's accounts. Since then we have lost about 16 players from our wage budget and brought in about 5 or 6.

32 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Whilst our wage turnover will still be very, very high the figure of 133% is based on last year's accounts. Since then we have lost about 16 players from our wage budget and brought in about 5 or 6.

I wouldn’t bother. They’re not interested in fact.

Retaining Dorrans would be an incredible window for us. However, I fear otherwise. Could still be a really successful season for us but only if we can build on recent weeks and Dorrans is key to that.
I got the impression from the Dundee thread that you lads were somewhat underwhelmed by Dorrans.

1 hour ago, Walter said:
5 hours ago, Muggy said:
Retaining Dorrans would be an incredible window for us. However, I fear otherwise. Could still be a really successful season for us but only if we can build on recent weeks and Dorrans is key to that.

I got the impression from the Dundee thread that you lads were somewhat underwhelmed by Dorrans.

Nope, he's pretty vital to our style of play right now. Would be gutted to see him leave this month, but I have a good feeling he won't.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

1 hour ago, rhumbaclub said:

With Shanklands wages to be accounted for though so in fact it may be still the same or very similar.

Again, I have no doubt that our wage bill is still large, and at the moment too big given our revenue. However I would doubt that the wages of 10 players released (and almost all were first team) are of the same or similar value as Shankland's weekly wage.