January Transfer Rumours

1 hour ago, Reid said:

We’ve been linked to Blair Lyons, Gary Miller and Brian Graham. Alan Forrest too but would imagine that would be in the summer. All are just internet rumours, nothing’s been said from the club or in the press.

I am led to believe Forrest is going to a Premiership Club ( or a soon to be Premiership Club)

Only really heard rumours on here and even then it’s just been suggestions for who we should sign.

Sibbald has been mentioned a lot but I’d imagine that’s not happening since he recently got back into the Livi team.

27 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Only really heard rumours on here and even then it’s just been suggestions for who we should sign.

Sibbald has been mentioned a lot but I’d imagine that’s not happening since he recently got back into the Livi team.

Kerr very good at keeping things in house , my understanding is he has talked to the players he is interested in for  January along with knowing who are not here for next season and has started talking to players to replace them next season 

Edited by Robbo63

Dundee United? Plays same position as McMullan doesn’t he? Would be interesting to see what would happen to mcmullan in that case

Forrest is better on the left so it would likely be Appere he would be contesting with. Although Appere is rumoured to have teams down South interested in him so Forrest might be signed on a PCA to replace him.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Forrest is better on the left so it would likely be Appere he would be contesting with. Although Appere is rumoured to have teams down South interested in him so Forrest might be signed on a PCA to replace him.

That's pretty much the news our end. PCA for next season and Appere offloaded for a decent 7 figure sum. 

There were rumours United had "blown away" offers from top flight sides for Forrest a few weeks ago, so that would all add up now.

23 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

There were rumours United had "blown away" offers from top flight sides for Forrest a few weeks ago, so that would all add up now.

Please tell me this isn't another transfer window where you claim to know every signing that is going to happen and how much wages each signing will earn per week. 

19 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

We’re essentially a feeder club for Dundee United at this point.

edit - did anyone find out if we’d get compensation for Forrest?

It's Ayr united we'll not get a penny lol, or even if we were supposed to the club would forget.

I’ll be gutted to see Forrest leave after 7 years of playing for us. Made his debut as a 16 year old and despite a few moments when we questioned if he’d make it he’s turned into a really good player for us. I’d have no complaints if he went to Dundee United. They’ll be a Premiership club next season albeit they’ll have to spend more money to get the rest of the squad up to scratch but it’ll be a good platform for Forrest to try and move down South.

I don’t know the rules on compensation but if we do get any it’ll be peanuts. Would be nice if the clubs held off on any PCA announcement (or leaks to the paper) until the end of the season as you’ll only get our own fans questioning his commitment to our cause.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

St Johnstone are willing to punt Steven Anderson, Ross Callachan, Danny Swanson and David McMillan this window, Anderson and McMillan currently out on loan but sure something could be arranged, if any of you fancy any of them 😂 Swanson is likely to be released at some point this window, Callachan seems to more likely be a loan.

What happened to Anderson, one minute he was captain and a stalwart, then he was binned to Patrick and now Raith, have his legs just totally gone? Only just turned 34, so its a surprise that an experienced CB has been binned considering Saints defensive issues.

30 minutes ago, srw said:

What happened to Anderson, one minute he was captain and a stalwart, then he was binned to Patrick and now Raith, have his legs just totally gone? Only just turned 34, so its a surprise that an experienced CB has been binned considering Saints defensive issues.

Jason Kerr happened.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Jason Kerr happened.

Is that actually the answer, because 6th worst defence last season, and 4th worst this season, with pending games, suggests otherwise.