January Transfer Rumours

3 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I'm sure that was against Ayr and they still managed to beat us !!!

Nah, ex Ayr player Ryan Stevenson was in goals and you won 1-0, PnB was kicking off with hilarity that night. 

Sure a couple of people went big on Ayr -1, Ayr - 2 etc. 

Nah, ex Ayr player Ryan Stevenson was in goals and you won 1-0, PnB was kicking off with hilarity that night. 

He pulled off a worldie of a save in the first few minutes and I really feared the worst.

9 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’m amazed at how little work clubs do to check these things out. As previously mentioned Morton signed Tidser in League One and couldn’t play him for 6 months.

Even this week we had a guy up from Ipswich on trial and everything was ready to go and had to be cancelled at the last minute. Same thing happened with a guy we wanted from Coventry last year although we didn’t go to the bother of having him train with us. In that situation you’d think the parent club would check before offering him out and we would check before wasting his time having him on trial.

Hopkin mentioned something about one of the contracts being null and void because of financial reasons at Billericay so that appears to be the reason why we pursued it. 

11 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Eh?

That was the one that Stevo played in and we won 1-0.

Yes, you are of course all correct, did we not need to win about 7-0 or something to have a chance of avoiding relegation ??

Or have I COMPLETELY lost the plot now ???

13 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Yes, I've been that soldier on occasion and those sort of "certainties" rarely end well..................

Yes, you are of course all correct, did we not need to win about 7-0 or something to have a chance of avoiding relegation ??

Yeah on the last day of the season we had to win by 5 goals to stay up and their keeper got sent off after 10 minutes for doing a Schumacher against Craig Moore. They still had a backup though.

And yes we did still lose it.

Just now, WATTOO said:

Think you are getting mixed up with the last game of the season at Starks. Think you had to win about 5-0 to avoid automatic relegation and get a play off place.

Our keeper got sent off in the first minute of the game for near enough decapitating Craig Moore. But we still went on to win 2-1.

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Yeah on the last day of the season we had to win by 5 goals to stay up and their keeper got sent off after 10 minutes for doing a Schumacher against Craig Moore. They still had a backup though.

And yes we did still lose it.

2 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Think you are getting mixed up with the last game of the season at Starks. Think you had to win about 5-0 to avoid automatic relegation and get a play off place.

Our keeper got sent off in the first minute of the game for near enough decapitating Craig Moore. But we still went on to win 2-1.

Cheers Guys, Yes I try and block out all the failures but I never quite manage it.

1 hour ago, harry94 said:

Ben Arfa wasn't allowed to sign for Nice once because of that rule, they counted Newcastle's Under 21s as a competitive fixture and it seems pretty stringent. Not really sure how Morton could get him, there's some leeway if you go to a country with different calendars but wouldn't apply in this case. Only thing I can think of is maybe if the Conference North isn't technically an official competition under FIFA for some reason.

By the sounds of it he left one of the clubs he was at this season due to financial reason within the club, basically something beyond his control. You'd hope that might be a fair enough reason for him to sign for a 3rd club. 

On 30/01/2020 at 06:53, parsforlife said:

Fon williams to us on loan. Would be a good bit of business

He would be a great keeper for the Championship. A lot of fans dislike him cause of his brain farts he's also not the best in the air and sometimes makes the wrong decisions like punching away the ball when he didn't need to 🙈. He's also not very commanding of his box which he needs to seriously work on. 

But he has great cat like reflexes & is a good shot stopper he's pretty lanky as well. 8 out of ten he should do a solid job in goals for you. If it wasn't for his brain farts & inconsistency he would be a great keeper.  He didn't get called up to Wales for nothing 

When we drew 2-2 with Celtic in 2016/17 he was phenomenal pulling mad save after mad save.

But later on in the season he would mess up his goal kick & give it straight to Dembele when we lost 4-0 to them that in my opinion describes OFW pretty well.

He's like marmite with ICT fans some fans liked him some fans hated him. It looks like that hasn't changed with the Hamilton support. 

5 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

Really Morton fans would be better cherishing their fond memories of Gunning rather than pining for a return. By all accounts he did well in short spell and left on good terms with the club and fans. That might be a first for Gavin; everyone else thinks he's a cunt.

Can't think of any particular reason why Morton and Dundee United fans would have conflicting opinions on Sir Gavin.

16806829_1348282495251635_3266217998791375818_n.thumb.jpg.abd243c301a8d0c6d000d1e5279be672.jpg

3 hours ago, Super Caley Man said:

He would be a great keeper for the Championship. A lot of fans dislike him cause of his brain farts he's also not the best in the air and sometimes makes the wrong decisions like punching away the ball when he didn't need to 🙈. He's also not very commanding of his box which he needs to seriously work on. 

But he has great cat like reflexes & is a good shot stopper he's pretty lanky as well. 8 out of ten he should do a solid job in goals for you. If it wasn't for his brain farts & inconsistency he would be a great keeper. 

What you're describing here is an utterly shite goalkeeper m8. 'Good shot stoppers' are ten a penny all the way down to the junior ranks.