January Transfer Rumours

It's not we need money they have money.
If I was united and QPR offered 1m+ I'd phone up the pars and offer 100k.
Not much of a change, hes not as good but would score another ten goals probably.
Bit of a risk.
For us it would cost us top four. Would maybe ask for more money but it would be hard to replace nisbet at this stage but also financially impossible for us to turn down.
No actual evidence of any offers or talk but it would make sense for United.
£100k plus Osman Sow imo

4 hours ago, Adam101 said:

Why are QPR likely to sign him for £1m when he could have been their in the summer for nothing - it's not like he's playing at a higher level than he was last season? 

Exactly, he was worth 200k this time last year apparently. This season he's scoring the same amount of goals against the same teams yet he is supposedly worth anything from £2-£6 million, crazy talk!

1 hour ago, jagfox99 said:

Shankland is under contract until 2022. So United don't need to sell him.

He has a release clause in his contract. Also big gamble if he stays and turns out after a season in the premiership that the championship was indeed his level and instead of being worth £6 million he is in fact worth about £250,000.

5 hours ago, rhumbaclub said:

Exactly, he was worth 200k this time last year apparently. This season he's scoring the same amount of goals against the same teams yet he is supposedly worth anything from £2-£6 million, crazy talk!

Hes clearly not worth £6m, but are you really struggling to see why hes valued higher this January than last?

Last January he was a prolific Ayr striker available for nothing in 5 months. 

This January hes a prolific striker with International caps for Scotland and a long term contract.

17 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hes clearly not worth £6m, but are you really struggling to see why hes valued higher this January than last?

This January hes a prolific striker with International caps for Scotland and a long term contract.

I never said he wasn’t worth more. I’m laughing at the valuations of £2-6 million that I am reading when he could have been picked up for 200k yet nobody offered it. You honestly believe a Scotland Cap and goal add millions on to a players price tag?

Just now, rhumbaclub said:

I never said he wasn’t worth more. I’m laughing at the valuations of £2-6 million that I am reading when he could have been picked up for 200k yet nobody offered it. You honestly believe a Scotland Cap and goal add millions on to a players price tag?

I dont think anyone will pay what United want for him, but they can value him/put a price tag on him, at any value they want. Did Ayr not reject offers for him 12 months ago because what he could contribute would be worth more to them than the money? Maybe United think the same so are putting a mammoth price tag out there.

He has a release clause in his contract. Also big gamble if he stays and turns out after a season in the premiership that the championship was indeed his level and instead of being worth £6 million he is in fact worth about £250,000.

How would you have any clue what’s in his contract?

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I dont think anyone will pay what United want for him, but they can value him/put a price tag on him, at any value they want. Did Ayr not reject offers for him 12 months ago because what he could contribute would be worth more to them than the money? Maybe United think the same so are putting a mammoth price tag out there.

Fair enough. 200k last Jan would have got him is what I was led to believe.

Just now, rhumbaclub said:

Fair enough. 200k last Jan would have got him is what I was led to believe.

And that was his value when he was available for nothing in 5 months.

How much would you think Scotland caps and a long term contract would add?

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

And that was his value when he was available for nothing in 5 months.

How much would you think Scotland caps and a long term contract would add?

No doubt he’s worth a punt but honestly no more than £4-500k at this moment in time. A season in the top league with 20+ goals then the £2-6 million isn’t silly talk.

1 hour ago, rhumbaclub said:

Sure I read it, the rest of his contract is supposedly well known is it not going by talk on forums?

Only people privy to someone's contract is the player, directors and their agent. Half the time the managers don't even know. Don't buy this ITK contract stuff. Load of shite.

Look at Hartley when people came in for Kane the first time for 150k! He knew nothing about his contract. 

Edited by Crawford

That would matter f**k all if there is a buyout clause in his contract.

13 hours ago, Dele said:

I'm not sure QPR will bid. They sent Les Ferdinand up to the derby and Shankland never even got on the park. :(

They might have some money to spend in January if Eze gets the move his play deserves, but to put it into a bit of perspective they've spend just over £900k since the beginning of the 2017 season in incoming transfers. 

Having Warburton in charge and having Liam Kelly and Lee Wallace in their squad means they are aware of the standard in Scotland and obviously think there is value for money. 

But any move for the likes of Shankland is probably more dependent on Eze leaving. Even then they play in different positions. 

21 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Re read this thread and no clue who you are meaning?

Do you mean Craig?

If so he is at Salford City? Lol

I seem to have had a brain fart and confused Conway with Swanson by the time I posted! 

I blame it on all the Smokies and Wine the last 2 weeks!