January Transfer Rumours

I got into them a few years back when I lived down south and a mate supported them, initially just went for the day out (A pub on each corner!) but over time I've grown a real effection for them, not on the level I love the Pars but it's still great, I hope the new stadium doesn't ruin the love affair, at the moment I'm a big fan of being on the full terrace behind the goal. 
The way in which they do transfers is incredible, always so measured and planned. I worried when Lasse Vibe left but then Maupay stepped up, then he seemed irreplaceable but now Watkins is the gaffer. At various points players like Jozefoon, Woods, Sawyers, Mepham, Jota and Konsa have been vital first team players but upon leaving have simply been replaced by even better quality, its fantastic. 

Sorry for derailing the thread a bit chaps xox

I’ve watched them a few times in past two seasons and found them very pleasing on the eye. Benrahma and Watkins are due a move to the Premier League.

2 hours ago, Trogdor said:

2 issues with that:

1) The SPL doesn't exist anymore it's the Scottish Premiership

2) You dont know what you are talking about

1 = SPL - Scottish Premiership league.

2 = watched him against QOS last week. McCowan was better and he isn't good enough either.

Pybus and McCrorie were the only 2 players capable of playing SPL football long term IMO.

Houston is your best prospect (even though he's a ***) and McCowan is probably 2nd best.

Edited by dumpweed

2 = watched him against QOS last week. McGowan was better and he isn't good enough either.
Pybus and McCrorie were the only 2 players capable of playing SPL football long term IMO.

Houston is your best prospect (even though he's a ***) and McCowan is probably 2nd best.

Let’s all just judge players on one game.

Who’s McGowan btw?

10 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’ve watched them a few times in past two seasons and found them very pleasing on the eye. Benrahma and Watkins are due a move to the Premier League.

Those guys get the headlines, rightly so, but watch for Rico Henry and Josh Dasilva also getting big moves sooner rather than later. 

The thing is they sell for the right price at the right time for them and have lists of replacements to hand. 

7 minutes ago, dumpweed said:

2 = watched him against QOS last week. McCowan was better and he isn't good enough either.

Are Kilmarnock doing better in the Scottish Premiership League than the SPFL Premiership? Our creative players would vastly improve a gang who does not score goals like them. 

2 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Are Kilmarnock doing better in the Scottish Premiership League than the SPFL Premiership? Our creative players would vastly improve a gang who does not score goals like them. 

Kilmarnock are playing in the top flight no matter what it's called. Maybe your team should try it for a season or 2.

Creative players? Perhaps in a sub par division. Aaron Muirhead is probably your most creative player sadly. 

Edited by dumpweed

Just now, dumpweed said:

Kilmarnock are playing in the top flight no matter what it's called. Maybe your team should try it for a season or 2.

Creative players? Perhaps in a sub par division. Aaron Muirhead is probably your most creative player sadly. 

This is really sub standard trolling, Clyde are in the League One forum if you wish for some delicious bites. 

Having read through most the thread now! 

I would take Conway at Gayfield on loan! We could do with another wide player or player who can make chances..... 

Not sure if he would fancy play for a part time team though and unsure if he would be happy at maybe not even getting a game! 

Report that MK Dons boss Russell Martin is eyeing up a move for former teammate Graham Dorrans. There's supposedly a clause in his contract allowing him to leave in January, but that it is weighted in Dundee's favour.

Might be my bias showing, but I don't see what the appeal is to move to a team in a relegation battle in England's third tier. Hopefully if it goes through the clause will see some decent compensation for a good player for once.

2 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Report that MK Dons boss Russell Martin is eyeing up a move for former teammate Graham Dorrans. There's supposedly a clause in his contract allowing him to leave in January, but that it is weighted in Dundee's favour.

Might be my bias showing, but I don't see what the appeal is to move to a team in a relegation battle in England's third tier. Hopefully if it goes through the clause will see some decent compensation for a good player for once.

Likely far more wages tbf. 

11 hours ago, Grant228 said:

There was a diagram from one of those statto twitter accounts showing up that he's just not that great at saving shots. 

Based on xG, which they aren't using correctly. 

Against Motherwell Chris Kane tried a back heel from 6 yards out, while Motherwell had a player get on the end of a whipped cross 4 yards out as our left back refused to jump for the ball. The Motherwell chance, effectively a free header from 3 yards, was ruled as a lesser xG chance than the back heel by Modern Fitba. Clark is then punished for conceded a low xG shot.

Ive seen them not even bother to mark up penalties we've had as chances before aswell.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Based on xG, which they aren't using correctly. 

Against Motherwell Chris Kane tried a back heel from 6 yards out, while Motherwell had a player get on the end of a whipped cross 4 yards out as our left back refused to jump for the ball. The Motherwell chance, effectively a free header from 3 yards, was ruled as a lesser xG chance than the back heel by Modern Fitba. Clark is then punished for conceded a low xG shot.

Ive seen them not even bother to mark up penalties we've had as chances before aswell.

Oh the humanity!

10 minutes ago, Dele said:

Not just the SFA, Modern Fitba are against St Johnstone, too. 

They're just a bit clueless. According to them Brian Easton is the best non-OF CB because of how many shots he blocks...

Retaining Dorrans would be an incredible window for us. However, I fear otherwise. Could still be a really successful season for us but only if we can build on recent weeks and Dorrans is key to that.

12 hours ago, dumpweed said:

You're just making things up now. The SPL was the Scottish Premier League and was abolished in 2013 when the SPL and SFL merged with the top league becoming the Scottish Premiership.

Everyone know this just admit you are wrong you DKB.

12 hours ago, dumpweed said:

That's quite hilarious actually, he's athletic and quite pacy however his positional sense is horrendous, his passing is mediocre to say the least and if we had another RB at the club then he wouldn't even be near the starting 11 imho, so certainly NOT our "best prospect".

McCowan on the other hand had arguably his worst match for Ayr but since he's come into our side has stood out as one of our most exciting talents in decades. He's been unplayable at times, has excellent control, vision and a wand of a left foot, but again I suppose it's always best to judge players on only one match.

As for Forrest, he's inconsistent but then again, who isn't at this level but on his day he's one of the most naturally gifted players in this division and could easily make the step up if going to the right club.