January Transfer Rumours

4 minutes ago, stewartyftd1 said:

What kind of fee for Forrest would see Ayr let him leave in the January window?

Either take a small fee or he leaves for nothing in the summer. Surely worth taking say 50-100K?

not good enough for SPL.

What kind of fee for Forrest would see Ayr let him leave in the January window?
Either take a small fee or he leaves for nothing in the summer. Surely worth taking say 50-100K?

Given that there’s a fair chance we can sucked into a relegation battle we can’t afford to give him away in January.

It’s not as if you lot need him just now.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

35 clean sheets in 101 Premiership games, and only 130 goals conceded, isn't "competent"?

There was a diagram from one of those statto twitter accounts showing up that he's just not that great at saving shots. 

13 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

And it pays off for them. 

Absolutely, I get to a good few games, cracking football team. 

9 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Absolutely, I get to a good few games, cracking football team. 

Interrupting the Tayside w@nkfest if I may.

I went to the last home game of last season against Preston and was really impressed, the pubs on the corner of the ground, the way the ground's been developed so close within the surrounding streets and the fact they hugely overachieve in the Championship with a fraction of the crowds of their peers. Really glad I went before they move to their new stadium. 

An unfashionable club bought by a successful fan who's also incorporated statistical modelling into their recruitment strategy which has also massively helped them. 

The story of the late Robert Rowan getting a job with them shows how they can also provide opportunities off the field to the right people. 

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Given that there’s a fair chance we can sucked into a relegation battle we can’t afford to give him away in January.

It’s not as if you lot need him just now.

Do you think the club would be open to a swap deal for someone like Cammy Smith?

Smith is not getting much of a chance at United and somewhere like Ayr where he should play far more regularly would be a good move for him. Wouldn't be surprised if McCall tries to get him to Partick next season if Smith does see out his contract at United. 

Edited by skinny arab

2 minutes ago, skinny arab said:

Do you think the club would be open to a swap deal for someone like Cammy Smith?

Smith is not getting much of a chance at United and somewhere like Ayr where he should play far more regularly would be a good move for him. Wouldn't be surprised if McCall tries to get him to Partick next season if Smith does see out his contract at United. 

Worth getting him to Somerset for that reason if nothing else. 😉

Nah not Smith.

Forrest is that important to the way we play that I don’t think there’s another player in the league that we could swap him with and he’d be as good. His link up play with Moffat and Daniel Harvie is a huge part of how we were playing before Kerr started shoe horning Moore into the side. The money on offer would have to be such that it made up the difference between a play off place and 8th, which is where I could see us ending up without him.

You lot really don’t need to sign anyone in January. A centre back maybe but Neilson should be looking at getting the likes of Forrest, Sibbald at Livi or players of that quality on PCA.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Nah not Smith.

Forrest is that important to the way we play that I don’t think there’s another player in the league that we could swap him with and he’d be as good. His link up play with Moffat and Daniel Harvie is a huge part of how we were playing before Kerr started shoe horning Moore into the side. The money on offer would have to be such that it made up the difference between a play off place and 8th, which is where I could see us ending up without him.

You lot really don’t need to sign anyone in January. A centre back maybe but Neilson should be looking at getting the likes of Forrest, Sibbald at Livi or players of that quality on PCA.

A centre back is the last position we need a signing for this month 

1 hour ago, BukyOHare said:

Interrupting the Tayside w@nkfest if I may.

I went to the last home game of last season against Preston and was really impressed, the pubs on the corner of the ground, the way the ground's been developed so close within the surrounding streets and the fact they hugely overachieve in the Championship with a fraction of the crowds of their peers. Really glad I went before they move to their new stadium. 

An unfashionable club bought by a successful fan who's also incorporated statistical modelling into their recruitment strategy which has also massively helped them. 

The story of the late Robert Rowan getting a job with them shows how they can also provide opportunities off the field to the right people. 

I got into them a few years back when I lived down south and a mate supported them, initially just went for the day out (A pub on each corner!) but over time I've grown a real effection for them, not on the level I love the Pars but it's still great, I hope the new stadium doesn't ruin the love affair, at the moment I'm a big fan of being on the full terrace behind the goal. 

The way in which they do transfers is incredible, always so measured and planned. I worried when Lasse Vibe left but then Maupay stepped up, then he seemed irreplaceable but now Watkins is the gaffer. At various points players like Jozefoon, Woods, Sawyers, Mepham, Jota and Konsa have been vital first team players but upon leaving have simply been replaced by even better quality, its fantastic. 

Sorry for derailing the thread a bit chaps xox