Funeral Music

That's fair enough.
What I want to leave my kids is a phone number - they call it and everything is taken care of. The stress of this month has absolutely led me to that conclusion.
My old man passed away in 2018. When he was admitted to the Marie Curie he told us to bring up a box file which was in his bedside drawer. It had everything in that we needed. Funeral plan, copy of his Will, banking details, investments etc. Sat and talked through everything with us, his only request about his funeral was that a minister conducted it. Made something that could have been very stressful relatively easy.

We were left to pick the music. He went to lots of gigs himself in his later years, two of his favourites were Van Morrison and Jools Holland. When he was being brought into the Crematorium we had Into The Mystic by Van Morrison playing, and at the end Enjoy Yourself, It's later Than You Think by Jools and Prince Buster.

I've told my missus that I want Wish Me Luck As You Wave Me Goodbye by Gracie Fields played at mine.

21 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Right, serious time.

I need 3 songs. One for folk entering. One for them to fire me into the sun. One for folk to leave with.

I think for the final one I'll have Don't Stop by Fleetwood Mac. I like it, it's a bit jaunty.

Just need to find the first two

Entree - Arvo Part - "Cantus In Memoriam Benjamin Britten"

Main Course - Bonnie Prince Billy "I See A Darkness"

Dessert - Daniel Lanois "The Maker"

Edited by Florentine_Pogen
can't spell

2 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Very sorry to hear that, bud - terrible time for you all. 

Thanks. It's been 4 years since his diagnosis and he was given 6-9 months. So we've all been good. Him making his own Cannabis oil helped him massively.

Not sure what I'd choose as my tunes

• 6 months later...

We thought that my dad had all his music planned for his funeral. He had put pretty much everything else in place. 

In the end, mum had to choose. I think he would have liked it. His coffin left the funeral to "Hello Mary Lou", which was one he and my mum danced the quickstep to. 

Having put more thought into this since it was originally posted, I came to the conclusion that funerals are for the living and I don’t give a f**k how it transpires as long as the c***s who attend get whatever it is they want from the occasion.

On the day that JFK was killed Bobby Hebb took himself home and was shocked like the rest of the country. Then that night he found out that hid brother had been murdered outside a nightclub. He looked up and saw the sunrise and wrote this. He said he wanted something joyful. 

Fancy it for mine. 

Edited by stimpy

1 hour ago, Ross. said:

Having put more thought into this since it was originally posted, I came to the conclusion that funerals are for the living and I don’t give a f**k how it transpires as long as the c***s who attend get whatever it is they want from the occasion.

A jukebox is a great idea.