Funeral Music

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I was at a funeral today and the music was, and I don’t use this word lightly, shite.

Funnily enough, so was I.....a 90 year old aunt was sent to the flames, Humanist celebrant was monoto-boring BUT the feckinh music !!!!!!!

"All Things Bright and Beautiful" and "Morning Has Broken".......😝

I suppose a bit of Rammstein was asking a lot.......

10 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Funnily enough, so was I.....a 90 year old aunt was sent to the flames, Humanist celebrant was monoto-boring BUT the feckinh music !!!!!!!

"All Things Bright and Beautiful" and "Morning Has Broken".......😝

I suppose a bit of Rammstein was asking a lot.......

“Abide with me”

In Saltcoats.

I was praying for the flames tbh.

I want this playing as the curtains are closing at the crematorium.

We played that as the exit music for my Granny’s funeral.

My dad says he wants “Lazy Sunday Afternoon” by the Small Faces

Which means that I can’t hear that tune without thinking about death so he’s ruined it

• 2 years later...

I'm meeting a mate of mine in a couple of weeks. He's a funeral director and we're getting our stuff in order so we don't leave a big fecking bill for the kids.

In the meantime, we have to think of music to be played should I fall under a bus.

In all seriousness, I won't go for a Highway to Hell/Another One Bites The Dust effort. I was thinking that but really, need to consider what actual songs I'll use. 

It's been in my head for a few days now and I'm struggling to strike the right note. Don't want too soppy and sentimental, don't want too upbeat (Agadoo will have to be at the after party).

1 minute ago, 101 said:

I was at the funeral recently and the dead boy chose The Boxer by Simon and Garfunkel, he wasn't a boxer so no idea why he chose a song with cannon fire in it as his music to depart too.

"I am leaving, I am leaving"
But the fighter still remains

Maybe?

I was at a funeral recently and it made me realise that the music is actually quite an important part, and I want to do well with my choices. But...self indulgence? Just make them suffer my own warped tastes? Or go with regular funeral crowd pleasers guaranteed to produce tears?

2 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I was at a funeral recently and it made me realise that the music is actually quite an important part, and I want to do well with my choices. But...self indulgence? Just make them suffer my own warped tastes? Or go with regular funeral crowd pleasers guaranteed to produce tears?

I've set aside money - as per your reasoning - but it's up to my kids how they see me off/choose to remember me.

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I've set aside money - as per your reasoning - but it's up to my kids how they see me off/choose to remember me.

That's fair enough.

What I want to leave my kids is a phone number - they call it and everything is taken care of. The stress of this month has absolutely led me to that conclusion.

1 minute ago, scottsdad said:

That's fair enough.

What I want to leave my kids is a phone number - they call it and everything is taken care of. The stress of this month has absolutely led me to that conclusion.

That, too, is fair enough.  Easy for Scott.

3 hours ago, scottsdad said:

IDK, one last warped taste is always pretty good…

Trundling into the burn barn to The Trammps Disco Inferno tickles my fancy, and the parting words should be “Sometimes I wrestle with my demons, other times we snuggle.”