Funeral Music

I have put together a CD with songs i want played at my funeral.  Whilst i'm not looking to depart any time soon, I want MY choices played when the time comes.  I've gone for songs that reflect MY life and how i want to be remembered by those and those.  It's all about the WORDS and life's metaphors.  Anyway, here's mine :

Thank you to anyone who listened to all 3 tracks .   They mean so much to me and tell my life story in precis form.

ps.   check out the bass line and gospel voices in Dory's track

Edited by hearthammer

Posted but it wasn’t working,

Some good songs there, and good that you’ve found some that reflect you and your life.

Mines would be;

The rapheals-learning to row

Runrig-the story

The washboard union-feel like that

All have different meaning to me. But all very personal.

P.S should get hearthammer by Runrig as a wee warm up song.

2 hours ago, hearthammer said:

I have put together a CD with songs i want played at my funeral. 

I've never thought about which songs but I guess I should, music has been a big part of my life.

I will get back to you.

Good and quirky album (Mythical Kings and Iguanas) 😎

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Won't be having a funeral so no music for me. When I am gone, I am gone. Don't want to impose any more obligations on those I leave behind than I need to.

They're will probably be singing and dancing  at your funeral I'd imagine.  Quite alot probably just to warn you in advance.

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Won't be having a funeral so no music for me. When I am gone, I am gone. Don't want to impose any more obligations on those I leave behind than I need to.

I wouldn't worry mate. Like a bad dog you'll be thrown in the river and let the folks downstream worry about it.

As for me, some banging early 90's rave with a little piano mixed in. Set will be at leased 4 hours.... I'll let @NotThePars have the last say, he seems to have good taste. @Dele is invited and will be toe tapping.

As a Buddhist, I'll be playing this Christian classic

Edited by SlipperyP

My late mother in law was a first generation hippie back in the day, and her choices reflected that and also bemused quite a lot of the folk present - something by Van Morrison, Neil Young's Heart of Gold  and Child in Time by Deep Purple...hard to resist the temptation to break into a headbang when the last one heavied up.