The dreaded drop

Sancho Panza

12 hours ago, Black Pennel said:

Never. Came close a few times, though.

Can imagine a few wry smiles off a few South East Ayrshire baby boomers at that answer. The history section section of Talbot's own website tells a slightly different history pre the dressing rooms being burnt out in the early 1970s.

2 hours ago, Tutankhamen said:

Can imagine a few wry smiles off a few South East Ayrshire baby boomers at that answer. The history section section of Talbot's own website tells a slightly different history pre the dressing rooms being burnt out in the early 1970s.

When Talbot were very poor there was no relegation. The Ayrshire League was split into North and South sections .  Ayrshire amalgamating and having different divisions roughly coincided with Talbot getting better so it is factually correct to say they have never been relegated

Any time I saw him which I admit was only v us he wis absolute dungshite

Tbh, when we played them at the start of the season he was terrible, and ended up coming off with an ‘injury’. I just assumed that was an off night though

The only time we've ever flirted with danger was in the Premiershp's second season, 2003-04, when we narrowly beat the drop.  Lesson learned, in the 16 succeeding campaigns we've never finished below fourth in the League, winning the title six times. When were these mythical number of times we've flirted with relegation?

Could see Rutherglen Glencairn becoming a yo yo club between the two top leagues. Might not be as bad as it sounds.
I'd agree with that, to be honest. We're not a rich club and don't have a big support, so in my opinion we're punching above our weight just being in the Premiership at all.

1 hour ago, TFW said:

The only time we've ever flirted with danger was in the Premiershp's second season, 2003-04, when we narrowly beat the drop.  Lesson learned, in the 16 succeeding campaigns we've never finished below fourth in the League, winning the title six times. When were these mythical number of times we've flirted with relegation?

There was a time I looked at their trophy haul and they had gone about 30 seasons and lifted at least one trophy every season. That was some time back - I'd guess the run is broken now. They had a chance at 3 Ayrshire cups for most of that spell and they did dominate the West of Scotland Cup for a while.

It's funny how two different Talbot teams, under different managers have dominated honours between them. I don't think anybody ever thought that Know'x 5 Junior Cup wins would ever be broken but Tucker leads the way now with his 7 triumphs, and we're still in this year's competition too.

Tucker's trophy haul is 7 Junior Cups, 6 Premier League titles,2 West of Scotland Cup, 2 West Region League Cups, 3 Ayrshire Cups, 5 Ayrshire League Cups and 3 Evening Times Cups.

When you look at Talbot's overall record in the Noughties in the Junior Cup, alongside the 7 wins there are also the 3 defeats of 2002, 2012 and 2017, meaning we've played in 10 finals in Just 18 seasons. That's an amazing record.

It's funny how two different Talbot teams, under different managers have dominated honours between them. I don't think anybody ever thought that Know'x 5 Junior Cup wins would ever be broken but Tucker leads the way now with his 7 triumphs, and we're still in this year's competition too.
Tucker's trophy haul is 7 Junior Cups, 6 Premier League titles,2 West of Scotland Cup, 2 West Region League Cups, 3 Ayrshire Cups, 5 Ayrshire League Cups and 3 Evening Times Cups.
When you look at Talbot's overall record in the Noughties in the Junior Cup, alongside the 7 wins there are also the 3 defeats of 2002, 2012 and 2017, meaning we've played in 10 finals in Just 18 seasons. That's an amazing record.

And still had to release a statement assuring him of his job no so long ago [emoji30]

On 01/01/2020 at 08:28, Tutankhamen said:

OK then,....Never.

Came close once though...

15 hours ago, Terry Tibbs said:

And still had to release a statement assuring him of his job no so long ago emoji30.png

It wasnt a statement for him it was a reality check for the moaners who were unhappy a player got released. Fair play one guy came forward and apologised but I'm sure the others enjoyed eating their words.

Krr deserve to go down they cant even fulfil there commitments which is a shame cause they used to be a good team but I guess when money talks they took it I bet they wish they never and cumnock deserve to go down for very good reasons you haven't got a stable club u have had 3 managers in the past year that ain't good for no club so maybe going down will pull the club togeather and rebuild

Your noted affiliation to the Talbot has no bearing on your opinion

I think the next post , which to be fair you couldn’t see before posting your reply , the 3 clubs with the lowest points deserve to go down .... end off

Are you saying that clubs changing managers should determine if / when they stay up or drop ???? Or should determine whether they are a good/settled club

I just found that your post a bit odd

You are entitled to your opinion , I just thought it an odd statement

• 3 weeks later...