Sign in to follow this  
Romeo

New Year plans

1 hour ago, hearthammer said:

When Marshy's mum wakes him up this morning, and insists he can't keep his Thomas The Tank pjs on any longer because that's been a week now, he doesn't throw his usual strop.  He was up very late last night creepily following my posts and red-dotting indiscriminately.  Seems his bete noir was the fact that his francais, a bit like his ability to relate to adults, doesn't exist in his wee world where he's king of his own wee castle.  Maybe his mum will let him wear his pjs from Frozen tonight to let him cool down a wee bit.  Qui sais  ?? 

Strange, he's red-dotted again !!!!!      He has no cogent or coherent written response to any post to offer.  Must be easier to hit the red dot button when you only have one hand to use and your Popeye arm is constantly busy.  He'll grow out of it, maybe.  But, then again . . . . . . 

Amazing what dots can do to some people.

In a bit of pain just now, still feeling the effects of being ill.

No one has visited and no one has phoned, I don't feel miserable, don't feel lonely. No chance I'll be visiting anyone, I'm not very steady on my feet today. This is my first New Years Day alone and taking into consideration how ill I've been I don't want anyone else to catch it so just going along with the situation until I feel better and then I'll see everyone.

It seems obvious to phone but I really can't cope with question after question about being ill.

Good fireworks display last night got a good view of the one in the city center and where I am I could see other displays over towards near the canal and the ferry.

As predicted I was sleeping by about 11 in bed with the wee boy who was still coughing and spluttering. Wife about the same as she was in the spare bed with our wee girl who was also unwell. No much sleep for the four of us so today is a write off which was always likely to be the case anyway. Just chilling out and will cook a lasagne later for dinner and hopefully tonight will be a better night. 

New year is a load of shite, that said I've bought a massive steak pie which will be immense 

2 people at our table last night were drinking pints of irn bru mixed with fresh orange as they claim its a good hangover prevention. Anyone ever tried this??

30 minutes ago, philpy said:

2 people at our table last night were drinking pints of irn bru mixed with fresh orange as they claim its a good hangover prevention. Anyone ever tried this??

Beastly behaviour.

Philpy, run mate, run. These people most probably brush their teeth then drink fresh orange...contact operation yewtree.

42 minutes ago, philpy said:

https://www.optimallivingdynamics.com/blog/how-to-protect-your-brain-from-alcohol-never-be-hungover

31 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Quote "Highly filtered and distilled liquor such as vodka, gin and rum are your best options. And it’s best to drink them straight."

I couldn't drink vodka, gin or rum straight - it would be completely wasted on me.

I'll stick to decent single malt Malt whiskies with ice, washed down with pints of draught beer and/or lager. I'm not normally bothered with hangovers.

Edited by ICTJohnboy

1 hour ago, philpy said:

If that's all they were drinking it would be the shits they should worry about.

Just now, MixuFixit said:

Properly good vodka is lovely straight.

The top quality vodka is best straight. When I used to drink the stuff I often stored a bottle in the freezer.

I used a glass like the one below.

Image result for vodka glass

8 minutes ago, Snafu said:

The top quality vodka is best straight. When I used to drink the stuff I often stored a bottle in the freezer.

I used a glass like the one below.

Image result for vodka glass

Used to drink the stuff?

Why did you stop, and what do you drink now?

7 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Used to drink the stuff?

Why did you stop, and what do you drink now?

Had a sparkling red on Christmas day, never thought that would work. It was quite pleasant.

Image result for sparkling red wine

No, alcohol doesn't agree with me anymore, though adding it to cooking is not a problem.

My steak pie was fucking braw, english born child number 1 tanned theirs and her sisters left overs.

So powd