Sign in to follow this  
Romeo

New Year plans

2 hours ago, Snafu said:

The top quality vodka is best straight. When I used to drink the stuff I often stored a bottle in the freezer.

I used a glass like the one below.

Image result for vodka glass

^^^

13892-1532336916.jpg

2 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Properly good vodka is lovely straight.

Has to be Polish. Wyborowa is best. Avoid the bison shite...

Guest Moomintroll

Not great but no where near the hell that is the morning after MD20/20 shits
Was an awful attempt at a Big Innes joke, glad all went well in the bog department tbf.

1 hour ago, Angusfifer said:

Has to be Polish. Wyborowa is best. Avoid the bison shite...

I spent an evening drinking Zubrowka with the locals in Warsaw some 13 years back and have been unable to touch vodka since. 

6 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

I spent an evening drinking Zubrowka with the locals in Warsaw some 13 years back and have been unable to touch vodka since. 

It's the vodka equivalent of Whyte and Mackay. Absolutely bogging. They will dilute it with apple juice to disguise the flavour

Edited by Angusfifer

Was an awful attempt at a Big Innes joke, glad all went well in the bog department tbf.

Amazingly no attempt at a joke but a real life recollection of an awful morning after

Dont know about anyone else but this year I have seen a steep decline in anyone bothering to fire out the happy New Year messages. Wasnt that ling ago it felt like an obligation to trawl throuh your phone book making sure to not miss anyone out.

Happily it really does seem to be dying a death.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Dont know about anyone else but this year I have seen a steep decline in anyone bothering to fire out the happy New Year messages. Wasnt that ling ago it felt like an obligation to trawl throuh your phone book making sure to not miss anyone out.

Happily it really does seem to be dying a death.

Almost everyone I would want to wish a happy new year is in some Whatsapp group or other. One message in each group covered it. Job done.

1 minute ago, Ross. said:

Almost everyone I would want to wish a happy new year is in some Whatsapp group or other. One message in each group covered it. Job done.

I dread going back to work and all the management (who spend 99% of the year avoiding you) want to come down and shake your hand and wish you all the best for the year. 

I'd rather they just took the extra 1% and never bothered, tbh. 

2 minutes ago, Dele said:

I dread going back to work and all the management (who spend 99% of the year avoiding you) want to come down and shake your hand and wish you all the best for the year. 

I'd rather they just took the extra 1% and never bothered, tbh. 

Had to suffer that on Tuesday afternoon as folk left the office in fits and starts. Fortunately I was one of the last to leave and didn't have to bother going round everyone as they had mostly already come up to me. 2 handshakes on my way to the door and that was it. Absolutely no one at all making any mention of the fact today, which is nice.

I don't know how the folk that make the steak pies work out the portion divisions. "1lb pie - 3-4 people". "Right gran, here's your serving, 4 pieces of meat and a 5cm square bit of pastry"

Guest Moomintroll
I don't know how the folk that make the steak pies work out the portion divisions. "1lb pie - 3-4 people". "Right gran, here's your serving, 4 pieces of meat and a 5cm square bit of pastry"
Wait, you are meant to share a steak pie?

Other half has been unwell the past few days and as a result has pretty much cancelled our plans today of going out for food and getting pissed. She’s suggested I go back home and go out with my mates if I want, as she’s not bothered.

First thoughts are;

82FE75B9-7AA2-46D7-A40C-4B9A612FE1A7-4174-000001C88B3C914E.jpg.8f4155caf8744ae2ee4cf5a1fdda4b80.jpg

My suspicions were correct, and I stupidly fell for it.

On 01/01/2020 at 13:07, Snafu said:

In a bit of pain just now, still feeling the effects of being ill.

No one has visited and no one has phoned, I don't feel miserable, don't feel lonely. No chance I'll be visiting anyone, I'm not very steady on my feet today. This is my first New Years Day alone and taking into consideration how ill I've been I don't want anyone else to catch it so just going along with the situation until I feel better and then I'll see everyone.

It seems obvious to phone but I really can't cope with question after question about being ill.

Good fireworks display last night got a good view of the one in the city center and where I am I could see other displays over towards near the canal and the ferry.

Went round to see my father today to make sure he had enough food and because I hadn't seen him since Saturday. He was fine but not happy that no one had been round to see him yesterday. He understood my situation but still had a moan, that's fine. I'll find out why this happened, if it did happen.

I got back home its only a 15 minute walk and realised I maybe shouldn't have done that but then I had to. Just exhausted from that effort and had a sleep through most of the afternoon, just started shivering and couldn't get warm. Feeling better now after maybe around 4 hours sleep and some mac and cheese for dinner. Just going to stay in bed for the rest of the evening with the laptop for company.  Really wanting to get back to health, running out of holidays, things to do.

Can't underestimate how good a nice mac and cheese is, homemade is always best.

14 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Went round to see my father today to make sure he had enough food and because I hadn't seen him since Saturday. He was fine but not happy that no one had been round to see him yesterday. He understood my situation but still had a moan, that's fine. I'll find out why this happened, if it did happen.

I got back home its only a 15 minute walk and realised I maybe shouldn't have done that but then I had to. Just exhausted from that effort and had a sleep through most of the afternoon, just started shivering and couldn't get warm. Feeling better now after maybe around 4 hours sleep and some mac and cheese for dinner. Just going to stay in bed for the rest of the evening with the laptop for company.  Really wanting to get back to health, running out of holidays, things to do.

Can't underestimate how good a nice mac and cheese is, homemade is always best.

Let me get this straight. You went to see your old man who might have starved and had no new year visitors, but we're supposed to feel sorry for you because you've got the cold or an upset tummy or something. 

Excuse me while I nominate you for Child of the Year.

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Let me get this straight. You went to see your old man who might have starved and had no new year visitors, but we're supposed to feel sorry for you because you've got the cold or an upset tummy or something. 

Excuse me while I nominate you for Child of the Year.

None of the above. It was just terrible timing to get flu.

I got in contact with my aunt (his sister) on Monday to get the shopping for him as I was unable to do it this week. I was making sure he had enough food to last to the weekend and until I finish my set of shifts next week which was sorted out already. There was no way I could have gone round to see him on NYD still poleaxed with the flu I just wasn't well enough and I didn't want to pass it on as it was the worst flu bug I've had in a long time and nearly everyone in the family has gone down with it over the last week.

I visit my father nearly every day as to make sure he is ok and stay for a chat and my sister and his sister have been decorating the house, new carpets, painting walls, new furniture etc and he's well pleased. All very positive stuff for him. But what happened was really poor timing as it was his first Christmas and New Year with just him in the house as I moved out in April having been my Mum carer and guardian and my father is a lot more independent now but just hasn't the mobility so I help him out there. My Mum was moved to a care home in 2018 as we could no longer cope. My mother has dementia and I had to look after both of them for five years, so there has been a lot of change.

Edited by Snafu

My suspicions were correct, and I stupidly fell for it.
Consequences, and her means of delivery please.

I suspect it started with "I cant believe you actually....."