New Year plans

Romeo

30 minutes ago, philpy said:

2 people at our table last night were drinking pints of irn bru mixed with fresh orange as they claim its a good hangover prevention. Anyone ever tried this??

Beastly behaviour.

2 people at our table last night were drinking pints of irn bru mixed with fresh orange as they claim its a good hangover prevention. Anyone ever tried this??

Philpy, run mate, run. These people most probably brush their teeth then drink fresh orange...contact operation yewtree.

31 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Quote "Highly filtered and distilled liquor such as vodka, gin and rum are your best options. And it’s best to drink them straight."

I couldn't drink vodka, gin or rum straight - it would be completely wasted on me.

I'll stick to decent single malt Malt whiskies with ice, washed down with pints of draught beer and/or lager. I'm not normally bothered with hangovers.

Edited by ICTJohnboy

1 hour ago, philpy said:

If that's all they were drinking it would be the shits they should worry about.

8 minutes ago, Snafu said:

The top quality vodka is best straight. When I used to drink the stuff I often stored a bottle in the freezer.

I used a glass like the one below.

Image result for vodka glass

Used to drink the stuff?

Why did you stop, and what do you drink now?

Guest Moomintroll

Not great but no where near the hell that is the morning after MD20/20 shits
Was an awful attempt at a Big Innes joke, glad all went well in the bog department tbf.

6 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

I spent an evening drinking Zubrowka with the locals in Warsaw some 13 years back and have been unable to touch vodka since. 

It's the vodka equivalent of Whyte and Mackay. Absolutely bogging. They will dilute it with apple juice to disguise the flavour

Edited by Angusfifer

Dont know about anyone else but this year I have seen a steep decline in anyone bothering to fire out the happy New Year messages. Wasnt that ling ago it felt like an obligation to trawl throuh your phone book making sure to not miss anyone out.

Happily it really does seem to be dying a death.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Dont know about anyone else but this year I have seen a steep decline in anyone bothering to fire out the happy New Year messages. Wasnt that ling ago it felt like an obligation to trawl throuh your phone book making sure to not miss anyone out.

Happily it really does seem to be dying a death.

Almost everyone I would want to wish a happy new year is in some Whatsapp group or other. One message in each group covered it. Job done.

1 minute ago, Ross. said:

Almost everyone I would want to wish a happy new year is in some Whatsapp group or other. One message in each group covered it. Job done.

I dread going back to work and all the management (who spend 99% of the year avoiding you) want to come down and shake your hand and wish you all the best for the year. 

I'd rather they just took the extra 1% and never bothered, tbh. 

2 minutes ago, Dele said:

I dread going back to work and all the management (who spend 99% of the year avoiding you) want to come down and shake your hand and wish you all the best for the year. 

I'd rather they just took the extra 1% and never bothered, tbh. 

Had to suffer that on Tuesday afternoon as folk left the office in fits and starts. Fortunately I was one of the last to leave and didn't have to bother going round everyone as they had mostly already come up to me. 2 handshakes on my way to the door and that was it. Absolutely no one at all making any mention of the fact today, which is nice.