New Year plans

Romeo

As per previous post - hospital at 5.30am(!) this morning, got her home with an enviable scar about 3pm. Watched Still Game, lots of unrelated (I think) vomit, sister called me pished from the Diggers and every other person I know has passed out.

Not the worst New Year I've ever had incredibly. bQshDtu.png

Spoiler

Edit: and it's only the back of 9 here warnock.png

Edited by JamieThomas

Few beers and a scran  downtown with the wife and pals, now home Andrew Weatherall on the record player , racking up the lines and bouncing about the living room.

Just bought tickets for Carcasonne 2020 , cant fucking wait.

Happy New Year everybody.

Not long celebrated new year in Miami. First ever Hogmanay/New Year outside Scotland and I was dreading it. Turns out it was fucking brilliant. All that was missing was Jackie Bird and her pals Phil and Ally... [emoji848]

Other half has been unwell the past few days and as a result has pretty much cancelled our plans today of going out for food and getting pissed. She’s suggested I go back home and go out with my mates if I want, as she’s not bothered.

First thoughts are;

82FE75B9-7AA2-46D7-A40C-4B9A612FE1A7-4174-000001C88B3C914E.jpg

Do I risk and take her up on her offer, as I’m going back down the road tomorrow anyway, or do I suffer in silence while watching mundane pish on the telly all day?

When Marshy's mum wakes him up this morning, and insists he can't keep his Thomas The Tank pjs on any longer because that's been a week now, he doesn't throw his usual strop.  He was up very late last night creepily following my posts and red-dotting indiscriminately.  Seems his bete noir was the fact that his francais, a bit like his ability to relate to adults, doesn't exist in his wee world where he's king of his own wee castle.  Maybe his mum will let him wear his pjs from Frozen tonight to let him cool down a wee bit.  Qui sais  ?? 

Strange, he's red-dotted again !!!!!      He has no cogent or coherent written response to any post to offer.  Must be easier to hit the red dot button when you only have one hand to use and your Popeye arm is constantly busy.  He'll grow out of it, maybe.  But, then again . . . . . . 

Edited by hearthammer

25 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Do I risk and take her up on her offer, as I’m going back down the road tomorrow anyway, or do I suffer in silence while watching mundane pish on the telly all day?

Stay with her. The chances of starting the year with a huge argument due to leaving her appear high and if you're only getting an extra day out of it, it hardly seems worthwhile IMO. 

27 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Other half has been unwell the past few days and as a result has pretty much cancelled our plans today of going out for food and getting pissed. She’s suggested I go back home and go out with my mates if I want, as she’s not bothered.

First thoughts are;

82FE75B9-7AA2-46D7-A40C-4B9A612FE1A7-4174-000001C88B3C914E.jpg

Buy her flowers, lemsip and a crappy romcom dvd, tell her you love her and jump in the car.

It is indeed a trap,stay in watch the fitba on tv and feed her hot drinks etc
Brownie points for ages [emoji6]

First thoughts are;

82FE75B9-7AA2-46D7-A40C-4B9A612FE1A7-4174-000001C88B3C914E.jpg.8f4155caf8744ae2ee4cf5a1fdda4b80.jpg

15 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Buy her flowers, lemsip and a crappy romcom dvd, tell her you love her and jump in the car.

10 minutes ago, just me 2 said:

f**k that get out as quick as you can before she changes her mind.

@MONKMAN, don't take advice from someone who 'only uses deodorant as an alternative to having a shower' or someone with the username 'just me'.

Keep her company. 

When Marshy's mum wakes him up this morning, and insists he can't keep his Thomas The Tank pjs on any longer because that's been a week now, he doesn't throw his usual strop.  He was up very late last night creepily following my posts and red-dotting indiscriminately.  Seems his bete noir was the fact that his francais, a bit like his ability to relate to adults, doesn't exist in his wee world where he's king of his own wee castle.  Maybe his mum will let him wear his pjs from Frozen tonight to let him cool down a wee bit.  Qui sais  ?? 
Strange, he's red-dotted again !!!!!      He has no cogent or coherent written response to any post to offer.  Must be easier to hit the red dot button when you only have one hand to use and your Popeye arm is constantly busy.  He'll grow out of it, maybe.  But, then again . . . . . . 
And the winner of the first Heads Gone of the year goes to...

1 hour ago, hearthammer said:

Amazing what dots can do to some people.

As predicted I was sleeping by about 11 in bed with the wee boy who was still coughing and spluttering. Wife about the same as she was in the spare bed with our wee girl who was also unwell. No much sleep for the four of us so today is a write off which was always likely to be the case anyway. Just chilling out and will cook a lasagne later for dinner and hopefully tonight will be a better night.