New Year plans

Romeo

New Year is a lot of shite but in sure some of the youngsters still enjoy it. Romeo Junior is going out tonight and seems to be buzzing, I await his plea for some cash later.

Me and Mrs Romeo like to get away for a few days and will be doing that this year leaving this afternoon for god's country, Dumfries and Galloway.

What are your plans, do you think new year is a pile of poo, do you go away?

It’s a massive anti-climax. My local started closing at 10pm (it’s family owned), so they can celebrate it together and not have to be working. I ended up going straight down the road and in my kip by 11pm.
This year, going to nip up for a couple of pints and we are heading back to a mates house to see in the bells. The missus is driving as she is a bit under the weather.

We go away on NYD every year for a meal and an overnight. As I get older, that is more important than going out and getting hammered (also, I generally do that on a standard weekend anyway!).

Not a great deal planned. 

We're off out fo a meal later on but tonight will be quiet. 

I'll not even have too much to drink as thinking about heading up Boston for the football tomorrow.  

I used to enjoy it back in the day but it all seems far too contrived now and FWIW, most people just go do what they do every other weekend anyways.